Treasure Hunt! Win a Bunthoff! (Prizes for all) OVER!

in User Contests & Giveaways

162 posts

surgeon • 17 April 2020 at 8:41 PM

@aloe ahh I found the hobby (I love fashion/design) but it looks like im too late.

CONGRATS @zantago πŸ˜ƒ

316 posts

ravensong • 17 April 2020 at 8:42 PM

@zantago, Congrats!

Female
409 posts

lisa1321 • 17 April 2020 at 8:42 PM

aw I was so close ! congrats @zantago 😊

this was fun I really enjoyed it @aloe

101 posts

subie • 17 April 2020 at 8:42 PM

@zantago
Congrats!! 😸

Female
1,937 posts

chaotictreat • 17 April 2020 at 8:42 PM

@zantago Well done!

142 posts

aloe • 17 April 2020 at 8:45 PM

TO ALL WHO HAVEN'T RECEIVED A CREATURE:
Ping me for a monthly if you'd like, thanks all for participating!

@chaotictreat
I'll definitely post the answers, maybe I'll do another one of these later on after tweaking with the clues!
@zantago
HAHAHA send soup xd
I'm not sure how you ended up there but yes, some of my creatures are a little distracting πŸ˜‹

171 posts

mirime • 17 April 2020 at 8:46 PM

@aloe I enjoyed so much this hunt πŸ˜ƒ there should be more β™‘ btw, I love Francis AlΓΏs c':

Female
175 posts

zantago • 17 April 2020 at 8:47 PM

@aloe

pfttt just a smidge :"D

btw that coordinates (? idk if thats the right terminology) clue was really cool! >:000 so creative pftaha

65 posts

cheetah • 17 April 2020 at 8:49 PM

@aloe
https://eggcave.com/egg/2182774
I got about this far and then checked this topic and saw @zantago got it haha. I understand the clues of the painters and things now, though. πŸ˜ƒ

EDIT: I just realized if I'd read the Tific's description properly the first time I ended up there I would've gotten the answer as soon as I read the Swanice's clue. oTL I think zantago had already posted the answer by that time, though.

That was SO much fun! I really hope this becomes a trend LMAO

171 posts

mirime • 17 April 2020 at 8:52 PM

@cheetah me too! Oh, that Swanice x)
@aloe thanks for the transfer!

142 posts

aloe • 17 April 2020 at 8:53 PM

@mirime @zantago

Hehe, I'm so glad you guys enjoyed this! It was a ton of fun putting together, and with some more tweaking I can't wait to do more of these in the future!
I'm so surprised to find another fan of Francis Alys's work! His How faith can move mountains is one of my favorite pieces of performance art ever ^^

@cheetah
Thank you for participating, sent you a small prize!

65 posts

cheetah • 17 April 2020 at 8:55 PM

Something from my notepad window I keep open, relating to a certain Aerlo, that shows how much I was overthinking things:

tawny
volcondor
vaccin
oscoa
coreoli

Also, at one point I checked out your Arcweom because the names of the above spelled out AWCOM. Just thought you might find that funny. 😊

Edit: thanks for the blue bois!
Oh man, this was so cool, I kind of want to throw one together now.

171 posts

mirime • 17 April 2020 at 8:59 PM

@aloe I definitely loved the clues! You should organize other hunts, and I would really like to help c':
Ahh, amazing! I love his projects' concepts! "Maximum effort, minimum result", huh? Seems like it reflects this hunt's result x)

142 posts

aloe • 17 April 2020 at 9:01 PM

@cheetah

I would absolutely love your help if I do make another treasure hunt. I feel like it would be diabolically hard, what fun! ^^

The answers are:
1. Two copies, which one is real? Yohji the Bunthoff

2. β€œStart replicating what you love. Copy copy copy copy. At the end of the copy you will find your self.”
Geez, how many times do I have repeat myself? Antipode the Obarn

3. geographically speaking, the exact opposite location of new york city is augusta, australia.
i wonder where 45.5017Β° N, 73.5673Β° W would take me. Montreal the Innu

4. You made it this far!
But this puzzle is not yet solved.
Everyone who gets to the next step will win a prize.
But first, a deep breath.
Don't forget to breathe. Lungs the Wisoki

5. whew!
well D one. please go back to the E arlier forum post, and tell @aloe what your favorite C reative hobby is for a small prize I f you wish.
keep going! Deci the Sammied

6. Oh, sorry. Were you looking for the final creature? Well don't be ANGERY cause you're gonna have to /search a lot harder elsewhere.
Use search bar to find ANGERY the Cayni on @peppermlnt's account

7. Heehee, whoops. Sorry, I must have ended up in the wrong cove.
Hmm, since I feel so bad about making you come all this way, I'll make the next hint super simple for you!

It's a lot Less hard to solve puzzles when you know how the creator thinks, right? Less the Avem

8. I wonder what the highest number @periwinkle can count to is? Peplum the Yamamagan
9. Beautiful black birds, white birds, birds of many colors.
No wonder why this one is feeling so gray. Swanice

10. You may refer to aloe's account for this.
Now that I am clutter free, who did I used to be?

@holland

65 posts

cheetah • 17 April 2020 at 9:06 PM

@aloe I like the sound of that. 😈

171 posts

mirime • 17 April 2020 at 9:07 PM

@aloe hahaha, I was so near! When I pinged you asking "15?" I was trying to answer to quest #8, don't really know why x')
@zantago has been so fast! So clever! ~

316 posts

ravensong • 17 April 2020 at 9:07 PM

What! I saw that clue and didn't even realize it! LOL. Well, I found all but 8 and 9.

142 posts

aloe • 17 April 2020 at 9:08 PM

@mirime

Haha, I do apologize for it being so stressful and unpolished, it's the first time I've thought of doing something like this, so thank you for being here to test it out! I would love the help, and I definitely plan on organizing another one soon! ^^

LOL, I'm snorting at the idea of only being able to count to 15. Which is actually very accurate for me during finals week xd

171 posts

mirime • 17 April 2020 at 9:11 PM

@aloe aah, don't worry at all, I loved it! And, perfect! Hope we can collab together with @cheetah to it; I have the feeling that, soon, a terrible hunt will be born. Intricate minds united!

And also oooff *dies laughing* so sorry about that x') I was reffering to the roman number of your main's List, but I think I can relate, too hahah

Female
1,937 posts

chaotictreat • 17 April 2020 at 9:13 PM

@aloe I still don't understand 2 and 8 :/
That was fun though! Really really annoying but very fun XD

142 posts

aloe • 17 April 2020 at 9:14 PM

@mirime

I can't wait to see what kind of havoc that would unleash. That would definitely make things more interesting around here πŸ˜‹
Please do PM me with ideas when they strike so we can get something truly awful going on haha. ^^

@chaotictreat

I apologize for how annoying the misdirecting creatures must have been! ^^
I'll definitely take those into account for the next hunt I make, thank you for being so patience with being one of my first victims lol πŸ˜‹

Female
1,937 posts

chaotictreat • 17 April 2020 at 9:20 PM

@aloe Is number 8 because it had the highest level? And can you explain number 2 to me pleeease ._.
I'm sorry I feel very whiny but I really want to understand lol

142 posts

aloe • 17 April 2020 at 9:25 PM

@chaotictreat

I was a little worried that #2 would be a little confusing. Basically the quote by Yohji Yamamoto, "Start replicating what you love. Copy copy copy copy. At the end of the copy you will find your self.”
How many times do I have to repeat myself? I guess that's the creature.

It repeats copy 5 times, which corresponds to the Obarn, which is the 5th creature in my cove.

#8 has the highest level in my cove, but I was also afraid of people getting stuck there.

171 posts

mirime • 17 April 2020 at 9:26 PM

@aloe I agree, we need to bring some fun!
And sure! You can already open a pm-conversation if you want! And do the same β™₯

Female
1,937 posts

chaotictreat • 17 April 2020 at 9:31 PM

@aloe
Ohh I see now. Yes that was a little difficult for me at least but most people managed it fine so I think you're alg there πŸ˜‹
Thanks again for doing this ^^

142 posts

aloe • 17 April 2020 at 9:39 PM

@mirime
That would be great! I'll open a pm, and we can update it with ideas as they come. Right now I'm fresh out but I'm sure lots will come to mind soon ^^

@chaotictreat
Thanks again for joining ❀️