Sorting: Archives, Coves, and Cove Lists

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 1 July 2020 at 4:49 PM

Right now, Eggcave has soo much creatures, and some people have an wide variety of creatures and this is also the case with the Archives. I'd suggest an option to sort by month and year. This would be very useful to see what creatures were missed during certain months (personally, after I came back from my hiatus, it was very difficult to figure out what I missed). Along with this, I find the "Retired" option under Availability redundant, because there are so much Retired Creatures.

Some people also have a lot of creatures and I would also be interested in more methods of sorting creatures. Speaking of coves, I suggest a way of choosing whether or not you want your cove to break off into pages or to have them all on one page. This way the people with super large coves can choose to have pages of creatures while others with relatively smaller coves can opt to load them all on one page. (I only have 300+ creatures, but I prefer to have all my creatures on one page)

Additionally, was trying to color coordinate my creatures in cove lists and, to be honest, the current method of ordering cove list creatures is extremely tedious. I remember, in the previous version of EC, you could drag and drop the creatures to sort them out. I would love to go back to that method.

That's all I wanted to say, thanks for reading!

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 22 September 2020 at 10:57 AM

It would also be nice if the coves followed the next creature in the same cove, instead of a different creature from a different cove. Every day someone has their coves perfectly set up on how they want them to be interacted with. But each time I use the right arrow button to move to the next "Please feed" creature, I am instead brought to the next "Full, happy. No feeds needed." creature. It is annoying that I have to go back to a user's main page and bring each categorized creature up manually, in a new tab. Aren't coves supposed to make this easier?

I also think that even though some people have creatures in multiple coves, the website could still be coded to bring up the correct creature, just like the Click Exchange. Honestly, if the CE was the main way to advance or evolve creatures, it would be easier. Using Coves for only display purposes would be nice. Just adding more creatures to the CE, and how easily you can set whether it is Feed/View/Click.