Option to disable Cave notifications?

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Non-binary
3 posts

elsvveyr • 3 July 2020 at 5:47 PM

(I couldn't find this anywhere but if I overlooked it, my apologies.)

It feels kind of redundant to have a notification for when I have a new Cave approach available, since I have to refresh the page for it to show anyways so usually I just check the Cave directly where it already shows me if I can approach again or not?

I would love an option to disable receiving these notifications, since for me it just means opening the notifications window and then the Cave instead of jumping to the Cave directly.

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 3 July 2020 at 6:19 PM

This would definitely be a great option! When I'm cave farming, I normally keep a tab open for the cave and go do something else for twenty minutes or so, but these cave notifications are annoying as well. I normally cave farm at 12am, so I get notifications the first thing I wake up, along with the sign-in bonus and the site blog. I was thinking of making this forum, but I never did. Thanks for bringing this up!

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 22 September 2020 at 10:49 AM

I too don't wish to be notified of new eggs that are available to steal. Especially since there really isn't too much to find.

124 posts

crystalshard • 22 September 2020 at 9:20 PM

Yeah, I also agree with this idea. I always get really excited to get a new notification, only to see it's from the cave again 😊 If anything, I sometimes don't use up all 10 cave chances at the beginning of the day just to avoid those notifications, which I don't think is the intended purpose of having this

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 23 September 2020 at 9:53 AM

@crystalshard
That is a great idea! Now we can circumvent the notification.

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 24 September 2020 at 1:36 PM

I agree. I usually check back at the cave if I'm actually interested. When I'm trying to feed a user's cove the notifications can get kind of annoying. It's definitely helpful in some cases if you're really trying to farm the cave (say for the new monthlies or something), but if you're not interested in checking the cave it can be a bother. Maybe not completely disabling notifications, but at least being able to disable the cave would be nice.