Snipeguard

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Non-binary
7 posts

mykestri • 9 January 2021 at 11:11 AM

Alright, my opinion may be an unpopular one for auction-snipers who like to go in and steal an auction at the literal last second but y'know, i'm not overly fond of em'-

Snipeguard 😃

A good example of how a game uses snipeguard would be Pixpet's Market, where each bid when it's nearing the final timer adds a certain amount of time to the clock so that you don't have people coming in in the last possible second and sniping an auction. Each new bid near the ending time would add time.

"Snipe guarding means that after the last bid is placed, usually some mechanic comes into play where the auction is extended long enough to give everyone else a chance to bid again. "

Female
99 posts

justagiannamoment • 21 January 2021 at 6:10 PM

@mykestri

Thats a great idea! I know that because of auction sniping I have had to do so too in order to win auctions that I really wanted, and sniping always annoys me too!

Deleted • 21 January 2021 at 6:35 PM

I don't rlly see anything wrong with auction sniping. Ppl who do that kinda have a point- I mean, if you're losing it's rlly your only option. Besides, if you're losing like hours to minutes before the auction is over, why would you keep bidding- That makes the price go up by a longshot. Therefore there's rlly no point.