in Site Feedback & Ideas

Transmasculine
796 posts

juliettbrown • 29 October 2011 at 6:54 PM

It's okay! At least you posted!

Female
160 posts

hawk_fan • 30 October 2011 at 12:01 AM

like 😊 and with crossbreading maybe have certain mixes work like male ghostie+female Yeep = spooky yeep, but yeep+macbot=nothing

Deleted • 30 October 2011 at 12:11 AM

I think this should happen.

BUT!

My suggestions:

-There should be a 50% chance of success for commons.

-There should be "bloodlines" that influence what an egg is (i.e. Tasma + Floicol = 50% chance of that egg being either, then if that bred with a Tasma there would be a 75% chance of it being a Tasma.)

-There should be a "breeding season" for rares (i.e. Onnies would only be able to breed on Easter, Foo on Christmas, etc)

-Macbots shouldn't be able to breed (because that doesn't make sense to me)

-LEs should have only a 5% chance of a successful breed, and are only able to breed with others of their species.

-Bred creatures should need like 1000 more levels to become immortal (possibly)

Edit for the addition of:

-Even if an egg did ... erm ... Happen, there should be a special "formation period" in which it has to get like 300 views, 200 clicks and 75 feeds within like a week or something or it died?

EDIT AGIAN xD:
I like @cafe and @lizardfeather s' ideas. 😱

1,764 posts

james-bond • 30 October 2011 at 12:25 AM

Icky Icky no no

Female
494 posts

plookle • 30 October 2011 at 12:56 AM

I think that the idea of sending creatures from abandoned accounts to the AC is quite bad.

Regardless of whether they are active on egg cave or not, many of those players payed real money for their creatures. I've spent quite a bit of money on my cove, and all of my rares are well over level 2000, meaning that I believe I have the right to come and go from the site as I please without jeopardizing that.

I hate to see rare pets in rotting accounts as well, but it certainly isn't fair to take a person's creatures away; they might at any time decide to become active again.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 30 October 2011 at 1:14 AM

I disagree with this idea.
People pay money and trade a lot to obtain rare creatures. If breeding were implemented, you'd be stealing from them by decreasing their creatures' value. It seems like many people are referring to breeding retired creatures, and I don't believe Ian plans to bring back LE's. 😋
I think breeding two different creatures to receive a new species will kind of mess things up. xD
Lastly, the way Egg Cave works just isn't the best for breeding. ;]

Female
229 posts

horsewing • 1 November 2011 at 9:46 PM

I Agree cause it would be awesome to breed your creatures and get more creatures if your tries at The Cave are gone.

534 posts

crowvict • 2 November 2011 at 8:02 AM

@ladybugheart I agree with what you are saying.

This would be a not so good thing to bring here to Egg Cave. Another thing with the breeding I've seen people say they will quit if it happens! Because it would be unfair to them to have someone breed a onny when they bought it when it was out or even traded a lot to get one. Anyways that is the fun of the site, trying to trade for that one creature you want more than any others.

As well as with the abandon coves going to the AC would be a bad idea as well because people DO come back, might be awhile but it's true.

I'm sorry but I must disagree with this.

Female
3,089 posts

rawrcookies08 • 2 November 2011 at 8:34 AM

@juliettbrown

I don't know if this would be a great idea because there will be WAYYYY too many species and it would be hard to understand which eggs are good or not. Also, Ian would have to be working a lot because of all the new eggs. And, what if you come up with a new combination?? Then Ian will have to draw it and put it on the website before you could even get it! And who knows how long that would take?

This is definitely going to turn out complicated and confusing for everybody on the site. Please don't take this the wrong way, I wasn't trying to offend you. If this wasn't going to be challenging for everybody, I would probably agree.