Suggestions for the Chocotravaganza Event

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Would you like to see this idea?

Female
462 posts

megadash • 27 February 2021 at 7:17 PM

Now that the Chocotravaganza is (almost) over, I wanted to leave some suggestions in way that the event can be improved. These are all based on my observation. This is my least favorite event for me. I really respect all of the fellow players who work with me, but I absolutely hate having to rely on other people to make my goals, unlike say, the Halloween event, where my work is all I need. To add annoyance, the ratio of chocolates seems to be 1:5, leaving HUGE patches of getting nothing for my effort but 🪙 that I wasn't looking for a the time (I appreciate it, but it's not what I'm looking for). I first thought that the ratios could change, but something better came to mind…what if we could use that 🪙 that we found to BUY the additional chocolates. Here's my reasoning behind this:
1.) You can't use what you find, you can only SEND them. That way, no one could just buy their way to what they wanted. Since you can't use your side accounts, anyway, this is no less balanced than the game usually is.
2.) This would also allow the event to be an 🪙 sink, preventing the currency inflation that has been running rampant across the site. Whether player uses the 🪙 they got from feeding OR what they already had, it acts as a currency sink that all community games eventually need.
a.) This could be limited by putting both a limit on the number that you could buy at any given time AND a time limit (about 30 minutes) before you could buy some more.
b.) You would still be able to get chocolates by feeding, but this allows players to use the excess 🪙 to get more chocolates & help when you hit those patches where you're not getting anything for your work.
3.) Leader boards are a moot point. Since there is no reward for being around the top by the end of the event, they merely serve as a list of active players most likely to return the favor.

"Frequently Asked" Questions: ** will be updated once people actually have questions 😸 **
1.) Why don't you use the Click Exchange? I do. I completely drain the Exchange of all feed-able creatures. This includes EVERYTHING under "Feeds Preferred" & "View All," …and it's still not enough. I currently have over 155K credits (seriously I wish that I could gift/sell them to people or my side accounts). Even so, I still end up feeding ~5,000 creature DAILY through the event just to make my 15,800 ultimate goal by the end of this.
2.) Won't this give an unfair advantage to players who have a lot of 🪙 to spend? Not really. Again, not only do you get nothing of tangible value from being on the leader boards, you can't spend the chocolates you find OR send them to a side account to spend.
3.) Why don't you use that extra 🪙 for something else or save it? I do, but, right now, I'd prefer to have the chocolates over the 🪙 and I can get more 🪙 later, after the event.