A problem and a solution.

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Do you agree?

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 14 May 2021 at 10:16 PM

Problem 1:

I like being able to add to my own topic, without having to wait for someone else to reply to my thread. If I later think of an idea or a further explanation of one of my old threads, I would have to ping someone to be able to reply to my own thread. I know double-posting is an issue, but making sure that nobody can post more than once, to the point where I can only edit my comment in hopes that someone randomly views it, is the real issue.

If my post is old enough, I want to be able to post more than once in my own thread. When other sites have this issue, they send their moderators out to temporarily ban or lock the thread that is being spammed. They have rules set out that if people's threads move into the next page of the search, then they can post again to get it on the front page. Users have to make new threads, and ping new or the same users. I don't see the reason why we are to edit or ping others to be able to post in our own thread, more than once.

Solution: Allow users to post more than once in their own thread, by limiting how long they can post again. A timer set for the next post could be set, much like the timers for the Halloween Event Booths.