That one Harry Potter roleplay

in Roleplaying

What house are you?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 28 June 2021 at 9:22 PM

There are probably other roleplays out there like this, but this one won't have a normal storyline. Just create your character and live a life as a Hogwarts student! I will post the times and classes at certain times, just so we can keep the timelines on track and not have people living hours at one time when only 5 minutes pass for another person JUST TO KEEP THINGS ORGANIZED. If it starts to get boring at all, ping me and I can throw in a little bit of plot, like an evil teacher or something cause that's what JK Rowling would do.

For you humans who have never seen or read Harry Potter...

what are you doing here?

but I welcome you anyways to this realm of crazy. The basic thing is that there is this school called Hogwarts. In this school, you are sorted into one of 4 houses. Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Griffindor. Each house has its own values and colors.

Ravenclaw. Blue and Bronze. Knowledge, wisdom, and learning for the sake of learning. Generally the geeks and nerds.

Hufflepuff, Black and yellow. Loyalty, kindness, and hard work. The cliche friend people who like everyone.

Slytherin, Silver, and green. Cunning, ambition, leadership. The so-called 'evil' house, even though not everyone there is evil.

Griffindor. Gold and red. Bravery, boldness, chivalry. The jocks and hotheaded dudes who get into lots of trouble.

You pick a house, we start at the beginning of the year. Want to know more? Google it, there's tons of stuff out there.

RULES.
No Mary/Gary sues. (perfect in every way people.)
Your characters must be in the age range of 11-18.
No taking over other characters.
Use correct grammar and punctuation.
Do not under any circumstances not have fun. Having fun is a must. If you are not having fun, I will make another character and you can interact with them and we can have fun.

Character sheet:
Name:
Sexuality:
Year:
Appearance:
Personality in 3 Words:
Skills:
Favorite Classes:
Pets:
Other:

Ping me if you make a character!

Current Characters:

Hufflepuff:
Doritea, a 4th year
Alexia Goodfellow, 2nd Year

Slytherin:
Seraphina Aldoa, 16

Griffindor:

Ravenclaw
Relina Waters, 5th Year
Atlas Icarus Graves, 5th year

Female
7 posts

urbancountry26 • 29 July 2021 at 3:21 PM

@chaoschild

Doritea is a 4th yr Hufflepuff.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 July 2021 at 4:39 PM

@urbancountry26 okie dokie! Accepted!

Name: Seraphina Aldoa
Blood: Half-Blood
Sexuality: Bi
House: Slytherin
Year; 5th year
Appearance: https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F72%2F17%2Ff2%2F7217f279805b4c67b7ddf21c2908538e.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
Personality in 3 Words: Sly, sweet and quiet
Skills: Good at Potions (mostly only because she's in Professor Snape's house), genuinely good at Herbology.
Favorite Classes: Herbology
Pets: Pet Siamese Cat with silver-blue eyes.
Other: She is distantly related to Tom Riddle

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 30 July 2021 at 6:28 AM

@chaoschild I've never been in a roleplay before, but here goes...
Name: Relina Waters
Blood: Muggle-born
House: Ravenclaw
Year: 5th year
Personality: Witty, quiet and shy
Skills: Muggle Studies, Arithmancy and Divination.
Favorite classes: Arithmancy and Charms
Pets: A snowy owl named Mystic
Other: Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-granddaughter of Helena Ravenclaw
Patronus: Otter

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 30 July 2021 at 10:19 AM

@singasong99 Accepted! Gotta start somewhere, am I right? No worries, this is gonna be fun!

Female
7 posts

urbancountry26 • 10 August 2021 at 3:36 AM

I will add to my characters details shortly.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 10 August 2021 at 11:09 PM

@chaoschild, I'd like to join:

Name: Atlas Icarus Graves
Blood: Pure-blood
Sexuality: Oblivious Homosexual
Appearance: A lithe 6'8" ft tall male weighing 203 llbs. He has curly blond hair with grey eyes and fair skin.
Year: 5th Year
Personality: Shy, quiet, wise.
Skills: Herbology, Potions and Care for Magical Creatures.
Favourite Classes: Herbology
Pets: A Barn Owl named, Paimon.
Other: He is an animagus who takes the form of a wolf which is also his patronus. He is also the desceandant of Percival Graves.

Name: Alexia Goodfellow
Blood: Muggle-born
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance: A broad-shouldered 5'4" ft tall girl weighing 132 llbs. She has short red hair with blue eyes and brown skin.
House: Hufflepuff
Year: 2nd Year
Personality: Loud, determined and sensitive.
Skills: Muggle studies, Charms and Flying.
Favourite Classes: Flying Class
Pets: A toad named, Thomas.
Other: Her patronus is a rabbit.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 August 2021 at 10:18 AM

@thelaizywolf2019 Accepted!

Female
280 posts

naturegirl1999 • 20 December 2021 at 5:01 PM

2 questions
Is this still open?
If so, what is needed form wise to join?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 20 December 2021 at 5:28 PM

@naturegirl1999 Yeah, it's open! There hasn't been any activity since August but I think we could get it active again! If you want to join, just fill out a form for your character that I'll add at the top of the page when I'm finished typing and I think we could start then.

Female
280 posts

naturegirl1999 • 20 December 2021 at 6:44 PM

Name: Sara Dewdrop
Blood: Wizard Blood (I thought pure blood was a slur/supremicist word)
Sexuality: Asexual
Year: 1
Appearance: Average height, skinny, has blue eyes
Personality in 3 Words: Curious, nice, thoughtful
Skills: Able to remember things for a long time, can usually tell what ails plants or animals by touching them and hearing their whispers, can do minor healing but gets tired after use
Favorite Classes: Zoology and Botany (been a while since I read the books and forgot what they were called in universe, the class with Hagrid’s mythical creatures and the class about magical plants)
Pets: A green beetle the size of her hand. Its shell feels like bark and looks like a leaf when closed. Its name is Beetbox. Another pet she has is a cricket with the head of a snake. Despite this, it still is a herbivore. It’s name is Chirpscale.
Other: Sara learned she was a wizard when her parents began showing her spells. One day when her parents were at work and she was 10, she went out to the garden and heard whispers coming from the tulips growing there. They told her to come closer, so she did. When she brushed against the leaves, one word came up, “Fungus” Sara didn’t fully know how magic worked, she didn’t have a wand, so she told the fungi to stop hurting the tulips. They didn’t listen, she started to hum notes she heard in a dream, these apparently attracted ants that carried away the rotted sections. Touching the tulips again seemed to help them grow and heal their wounds. She began to feel tired but didn’t want the tulips to die, she didn’t know whether stopping would hurt them. She eventually fell asleep among them. When her parents got home they couldn’t find her in the house, they looked in the garden for her and found her sleeping in the tulips, which were larger than when they left for work that day. Sara woke up in her bed, as her parents took her inside. When asked about what happened, Sara explained/ “The tulips told me fungi were growing on them, humming a song attracted ants that carried the rotted parts away, and the tulips needed me to heal them” Her mom used a healing spell on her which did nothing since she wasn’t hurt, they breathed sighs of relief and warned her to be more careful when doing magic. She didn’t know that was magic. “It’s not normal to hear plants whisper?” “That’s an example of magic, it can be used without wands but isn’t as controlled” her dad explained. “You should stay away from the garden until you learn to better control magic. The time for Hogwartz letters is soon, there you can get a wand and learn more controlled magic, we would teach you, but neither of us have an extra wand, and wands can be picky” her mother added
((Too much? Too little? Should I add how I found the pets or would that be part of the RP?)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 December 2021 at 1:46 PM

@naturegirl1999 Accepted! (You can add how they found the pets if you want, or you could add it in the roleplay! Totally up to you.)

Aye do we wanna start the roleplay then?

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 26 December 2021 at 8:58 PM

@chaoschild sure!

Female
20 posts

kayleyh_11 • 24 January 2022 at 10:44 PM

is this still open and can i join?

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 24 January 2022 at 10:51 PM

@kayleyh_11 I think so...

Female
1 post

axolotl_59 • 24 January 2022 at 10:58 PM

could i join?

Female
20 posts

kayleyh_11 • 24 January 2022 at 11:15 PM

Name: Elvira Tempest
Blood: half blood
Sexuality: straight
House: raven claw
Year: 3rd year
Appearance: tall,tan skin, dark dark green eyes and curly golden hair
Personality in 3 Words:kind thoughtful and crazy
Skills: shape-shifts into insects, can tells 5 minutes in to the future and is learning to mind control people and animals
Favorite Classes: defence against the dark arts, potions and muggle studies
Pets: tawny owl called Anna
Other: is Dumbledore's niece, her patronus is a dolphin

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 22 April 2022 at 7:55 PM

YES YOU CAN JOIN EVERYBODY START- @kayleyh_11 @axolotl_59 @thelaizywolf2019 @naturegirl1999 @singasong99

Seriphina smiled a little bit as she waved her wand at a mouse and watched as it transformed into a drinking glass. It wasn't perfect, but at least it only had one foot sticking out this time! She spoke the words to change it back and jotted down a note on her parchment.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 25 April 2022 at 9:01 AM

Atlas

Atlas was in the Ravenclaw common room, reading a page about Herbology. Paimon flew around and perched on his shoulder, giving a satisfied hoot.

Alexia

Alexia trotted happily when she found Seraphina. A new friend. Maybe? No, definitely. "Hello!" She said, waving her hand proudly. Her toad Thomas popped out of her pocket and croaked curiously.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 April 2022 at 4:53 PM

Seraphina started and looked around, her eyes landing on a girl not far from her who was... waving? She blinked in surprise at someone actually wanting to talk to her, then hesitantly waved back. She watched a toad pop out of the girl's pocket and smiled a little. Cute.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 25 April 2022 at 8:27 PM

Alexia

"Hello!" She greeted again, this time louder than before. Alexia happily runs to Seraphina and offers her a hand. "My name is Alexia Goodfellow! I'm a second year at Hufflepuff, what's your name?!"

Atlas

Starting to find it boring, Atlas closes the book and leaves the room. "Where to, Pai?" He asks the perching fowl. The owl hoots back and Atlas nods. "The forest it is."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 27 April 2022 at 8:11 PM

Seraphina smiled back. "It's nice to meet you, Alexia, I'm Seraphina, but all my friends call me Fina." Or they would if I had friends. She added with an awkward mental laugh. She reached up to shake the other girl's hand. "Oh, and I'm a fifth year Slytherin."

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 27 April 2022 at 9:18 PM

Alexia

She formed her mouth in an 'o' shape and smiled. "Okay, Fina! Wanna hang out or something?" Alexia couldn't contain her excitement.

Atlas

He leaves the common room with Paimon going first. The owl flew passed a couple of girls talking and heard the sound of a fearful croak. The bird paid no mind of course and continued flying to the forest. Atlas then passes the girls and waves a pathetic hand at them before following his owl.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 May 2022 at 12:05 PM

Seraphina blinked in surprise. "Um. Sure!" She began putting her stuff back in her bag and looked up as another stranger waved. "Anywhere you want to go?"

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 2 May 2022 at 8:18 PM

Alexia

"I dunno.. Oo maybe the forest?" Alexia suggested. "I always wanted to go there but everyone keeps on telling me not to.." She blows a raspberry. "But now that I have a friend, I can go now!"

Atlas

Once arriving at his destination, Atlas shifted into his Animagus form and runs off. Following him was Paimon.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 7 May 2022 at 5:32 PM

(Oh right because I have to do times - It's around 2:30 on a Wednesday)

Seraphina nodded. "Yeah, that sounds good!" Everyone probably told her not to go because Fina herself could easily see her getting lost and killed by a monster or some kind of... monster. She'd make sure that didn't happen.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 9 May 2022 at 10:44 AM

Alexia

She squeals in excitement and Thomas pops his head out if her pockets once more. "That's great!" She runs off. "Race you there!"

Atlas

Atlas felt the wind on his fur as he ran. His nose could pick up the scents of the creatures that roamed in the forest. Paimon, who was above him, screech and beats his wings, following his master.