Another Dimension? (RP)

in Roleplaying

Female
58 posts

galactic_pigeon • 8 July 2021 at 4:36 PM

Prologue
You wake up, it's a lovely morning! You look out your window and see the mailman stop by your house. "Oh, looks like the mail is here. I better go see what I have!" You rub your eyes, get dressed, eat breakfast, and head on out. You finally get to your mailbox/postbox. "What did I get now, probably just bills and taxes" you think to yourself. Huh? It's only just a single letter with some funny print on it! You decide that it must be something very special or important and go inside. You sit on a chair and open it up. It's a hand-written note that reads,

"Dear [Your Name], we are forming a team for an expedition to another dimension. You have been found with qualifying properties for the team. You can deny this invitation, but if you do accept it, please come to [location]. Thank you for your cooperation.

-Institute of Intelligent Geniuses"

What the heck? Was this sent to the wrong person? Is this even real or an attempt to kidnap me? Is this legal? You aren't to entirely sure, but you decide to go there anyway.

Rules:
- You can have a mean character, but be respectful to the players, so no harassing others.
- No god-modding, your character can have powers, but don't make it insane. (For example, you could do something like, "I flew around the bandits really fast and made them dizzy!", but no doing something like, "I turned the bandits into a pile of goo without thinking much about it" This also includes making characters invincible.
-Keep it PG, you can mention blood, but no mentioning gore/nsfw/etc
-The most characters you can have at a time are 2, so we don't lose track easily

Character description template:
(If you don't know what to fill out for one of the entries, you can remove it)
Name:
Race:
Personality:
Abilities:
Other:
Starts at (choose): Main World or Other Dimension?

If you do not want to be pinged, tell me!

(This is a pretty free-range RP, so you can be anything, like a robot or a pokemon. Just try not to make them overpowered. Also, you don't have to be an OC, you can be an already existing character, like Homer Simpson or Liu Kang!)

Character list:
Mayra (Tobucatmon) - @shirothekittehlover
Zero (Fox) - @kitkatalps
Artemis Knight (Human) - @wolflord (Ping for direct interactions)
Hazard/Haz (Android Cat) - @mimikyu360
Calcius (Calcium Slime) - @naturegirl1999

We'll start after we get 2 characters, so I'll ping players when their characters are ready. Have fun!

Female
912 posts

shirothekittehlover • 8 July 2021 at 10:08 PM

@galactic_pigeon OuO imma try this!
Name: Mayra
Race: Tobucatmon (Digimon)
Physical Description: A regular Tobucatmon with indigo eyes and wears two sky blue bracelets on her front legs
Personality: Jolly and always curious
Abilities:
-Guruguru Fight: She flies around enemies swiftly and attacks them with her claws and fangs while flying
-Tobutobu Phoenix: She glares at the enemy, temporarily paralyzing them
-Mach Tornado: She launches a bunch of small tornadoes at the enemy
Other: She likes strawberries and ice creams
Starts at (choose): Main World (Digital World)

Female
58 posts

galactic_pigeon • 9 July 2021 at 12:25 PM

@shirothekittehlover
Cool! I added you to the list!

Gender Nonconforming
11 posts

zephyrst0rm • 27 August 2021 at 1:13 PM

Are species created by a role player allowed? I have a character I want to use but idk exactly what to call their species

Female
58 posts

galactic_pigeon • 8 September 2021 at 9:24 AM

@zephyrst0rm

Sure! If you would describe them, that would be cool! It's alright if you don't really have a name for their species, you can put it in their physical description instead.

Fill out a character sheet and we can get started! Hope you have fun!

Cis Woman
167 posts

wolflord • 8 December 2021 at 4:53 PM

@galactic_pigeon is this still open?

Female
25 posts

kitkatlps • 8 December 2021 at 7:11 PM

name: zero
race: fox
gender female
description a orange fox with blue eyes black accents and a skull she wears
personality: secretive loner curious sometimes mean
abilitys:none
starts at mars

Female
58 posts

galactic_pigeon • 8 December 2021 at 8:10 PM

@wolflord
Yes, submissions are still open! I haven't seen anyone post for days here though, so this makes me happy!

Cis Woman
167 posts

wolflord • 11 December 2021 at 8:25 PM

@galactic_pigeon sorry for the late reply and here is my character
Name:
Artemis Knight
Race:
Human
Physical Description:
She has dark brown hair which she dyed it to have black roots and have blue tips to her hair. Her hair is a toyboy style haircut(Kinda like this --> https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th/id/OIP.36SJUK6b0m0RNOLijojOPQHaJP?pid=ImgDet&rs=1)
Her eyes are silver with a ring of light gold around the iris.
She usually wear clothes that are more causal but she is mostly seen in ripped skinny jeans, a white crop top with a black fishnet shirt, and fishnet gloves that goes to her elbow. She also wear black combat boots that goes below her knee.
Her build is like a swimmer which is lean with slight muscles on her.
Personality:
She is more quiet and reserve then her peers and a loner. She is kind to most people. She is somewhat smart but still likes to learn more about the world. She likes to talk more when it's something she is passionate about like mystery or even books. She has the aura of an innocent person but can quickly turn dangerous if she is angry at someone. She has a very hard time of trusting people and making friends do to some of her old friends being fake and toxic. When she does make a friend she will be loyal and protect them.
Abilities:
None
Other:
She has a tactical pen for defense on her at all time with a taser as well.
Starts at (choose): Main World

Female
127 posts

mimikyu360 • 11 December 2021 at 9:53 PM

@galactic_pigeon yo! im nyat the most active person, but can I join?

Name: Hazard (Haz)
Race: Cat android
Physical Description: Generally the appearance of a person with gray-blue hair, but with the tail and ears of a cat. Has rings of fur around his wrists and ankles, and slitted eyes. Control panel on his upper back (yes, with a restart and power button just... exposed.)
Personality: A bit arrogant and cocky, he assumes he is superior than people just because he can. He kind of just behaves like a stupid cat.
Abilities: Retractable metal claws. He also has increased speed and reflexes compared to a normal human.
Other: He was made to be a companion to lonely people, but struck out on his own after his companion tried to press his restart button one too many times. His current personality is a glitch from that lol
Starts at (choose): Main world

Female
912 posts

shirothekittehlover • 12 December 2021 at 4:09 AM

@galactic_pigeon
(Is it okay if i start right away?)

Female
58 posts

galactic_pigeon • 12 December 2021 at 6:54 PM

Yes, you can start.

Cis Woman
167 posts

wolflord • 14 December 2021 at 9:31 AM

(@galactic_pigeon is it alight to start the rp?)

Female
58 posts

galactic_pigeon • 14 December 2021 at 10:56 AM

Sure, let's start!

You stand in front of a tall building, there are many windows, but you can't see inside. A man in a fancy suit walks out to greet you.
"Oh, it looks like just one person showed up..."
He peered down to notice various little critters.
"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't see you there! Now please, follow me."

Cis Woman
167 posts

wolflord • 14 December 2021 at 11:24 AM

@galactic_pigeon (Also is there a pinglist?)
Artemis slightly nods her head and follows the man.

Female
58 posts

galactic_pigeon • 14 December 2021 at 1:35 PM

I'll add that.
Also you don't have to ping me, as I'm subbed to the thread.

Cis Woman
167 posts

wolflord • 14 December 2021 at 1:38 PM

(Okay and i'm also following it but I would like to be pinged if someone is talking to my oc)

Female
58 posts

galactic_pigeon • 14 December 2021 at 1:40 PM

Added that, now we'll have to wait for the others to respond.

Female
127 posts

mimikyu360 • 14 December 2021 at 2:49 PM

Well sure, the fancy looking man had apologized, but that didn't lessen the blow. 'Didn't notice...' Haz thought furiously. Why was he even here? Ah well, couldn't be that wierd. He followed the group, quietly grumbling to himself.

Female
280 posts

naturegirl1999 • 20 December 2021 at 4:16 PM

((I hope it’s not too late to join. I keep forgetting why I leave the site, it never leaves my mind completely and thoughts of it brought me back))

Name: Calcius
Race: Calcium Slime
Physical Description: A blue slime (think DragonQuest slime) who, after budding, started to take calcium from the soil around it. This eventually allowed it to build a she;l around itself, resulting in a dome shape and eventually losing its pigmentation.
Personality: Doesn’t like confrontation, tries to make friends but the humans usually stayed away, sometimes likes to make art with the paths it digs while sifting for limestone and small bones, interested in learning
Abilities: Able to take calcium from what it touches to grow and build its shell, can sometimes shoot small calcium pellets at predators to ward them off, can bounce somewhat due to the bottom being the only part not covered in calcium
Other: Slime Research Data Entry:
Slimes usually reproduce by either fission or budding, rarely two slimes of different elements combine to form a new slime of the combined elements, where both minds share the body. As a result of reproduction, pieces of memory from the parent slime often is transferred to the offspring. Slimes born via fission start bigger, as it’s essentially the parent becoming 2 slimes of equal size. Due to memory distribution, the resultant slimes contain large proportions of the parent slime’s memories, each slime carrying different memories. Budding is where a parent slime creates many sma;let slimes. The parent retains most of it’s memories, and the smaller slimes contain nearly no memories of the parent, thus resulting in very different behaviors of each of the buds. Unlike most of the other buds of the specimen I was studying, one of them specifically searched for a hard white substance in the soil, which I learned was calcium. The rest of the slimes tended to go after plants and seeds, and the parent slime jumped the fence. Calcius, as I dubbed it, started taking calcium out of the river nearby, meaning the water was considered soft water instead of hard water now. This means the pipes I built to help filter the water stopped getting scratched by calcium chunks. I started giving Calcius bones left over from when I got done with hunting. Sometimes when I would talk about research, Calcius would try repeating words I said. So I started to show it books and teach it how to read. I missed a reading day and found Calcius reading a letter addressed to him. I didn’t know others were researching slimes and their intelligence…

Calcius:
Most humans stayed away from me, except for one, he called himself a researcher, apparently that means trying to learn things. He taught me words and reading. There was a book with only one page mentioning me and how I was needed for something important. Finally Researcher is giving me a chance to explore!
Starts at (choose): Main World
((Will this work? Is it too much? Too little? Tell me if this is good))

Female
912 posts

shirothekittehlover • 22 December 2021 at 8:39 PM

Mayra looked around, confused. Wasn't she in her little burrow in the Digital World before? Why was she even here in the first place? She flew away, following the strange man anyway.

Female
58 posts

galactic_pigeon • 30 January 2022 at 7:28 PM

((Added Naturegirl's character!))

"Now, I'm sure you are all very confused on why you were asked to come here, but don't fret, I will tell you."
The stranger brought everyone into an elevator. The elevator had metallic walls with marble flooring, and a bright yellow light on the roof. The man pressed the button for Floor 9, and it started going up.
"I would like to introduce myself. My name is George Fenricks, and I run this Institution. We have been researching inter-dimensional and multiversal travel. That might sound impossible, in fact, it was believed to be impossible, but we actually figured out how to do it! It was very exciting for our scientists." He made a smile on his face.

Cis Woman
167 posts

wolflord • 30 January 2022 at 7:50 PM

Artemis raised an eyebrow at this and asked, "Are there any danger to this inter-dimensional travel?"

Female
912 posts

shirothekittehlover • 31 January 2022 at 7:39 PM

Mayra made a concerned face but also curious at the same time. She was intrigued by this whole concept, but she has heard of rumors from other Digimons of others never returning home back in the Digital World.

Female
58 posts

galactic_pigeon • 1 February 2022 at 12:46 PM

"Good question. There are a few dangers, actually. One, the portal could suddenly malfunction and have you either stuck on one side, or you could even get stuck in between planes of reality! Sounds scary, but don't worry. The portal has been tested many times before we allowed people to go in, so the chances of that ever happening are very, very slim. You know what? You have a higher chance of winning the lottery and having space debris crash on you afterwards than the portal malfunctioning while you are going through it! Sorry, I got carried away there... The second biggest problem would be the complete mystery of the other side. There is no way of predicting what the environment is like on the other side until someone goes through it. Oh! Here's our floor!"

The door dinged, and opened. It opened up a large, round room. There are desks with computers and papers sitting on top of them, and a glossy, waxed, white tiled floor. There are a few potted plants and pictures that line across the wall too. There was a glass chamber with a door, surrounded by two "Caution" signs on both sides of it, that went into a room with the strangest looking machine any one of you have seen. Inside, there is some kind of weird moss-looking plant growing inside of there...?

Female
912 posts

shirothekittehlover • 1 February 2022 at 5:37 PM

Mayra flew towards the glass chamber. She was so curious about what it can do. At this point, her curiosity has completely taken over her.

Cis Woman
167 posts

wolflord • 2 February 2022 at 10:03 AM

Artemis looks over and her curiosity peaked a bit but she was more caution. "What is that plant in the caution room Mr. Fenricks?" Artemis asked pointing to the glass chamber.

Female
58 posts

galactic_pigeon • 17 February 2022 at 1:09 PM

George stepped out of the elevator. He signaled Mayra to step away from the chamber.
"Oh, that plant? We were studying it, but it's not important. The plant from what we know isn't toxic or dangerous in any way, so you should not have to worry."

He went to the front of the room and started talking.
"Can I get your attention? Okay good. If you remember from the letter you were given, you were called here to go on an expedition! I would like to mention some things. As you can see here, you will be going through a portal, and exploring and documenting anything you see from the other side. The reason why we have you, is because all of our previous expedition teams went missing. Not even our robots returned safely. We do not know if it is an environmental hazard that causes it, or even worse, a creature that caused this. So for our new expedition team, we needed strong, special individuals to do this troubling task. And that is why we needed you.
Now, I will give you extra information. From what we know, any form of communication will be lost when you are sent inside, so we cannot tell if you are alive or not until you return. If you do not feel safe, you may return back home through the portal at any time you need, but please document anything you know or have seen. If something is attacking you, you may defend yourself. You will be given plenty of supplies to help you come across obstacles, document your findings, and survive. If you wish to quit now, you may go back home. If you do not quit, you will be paid a generous amount of money, or anything of your choosing."
"Are there anymore questions?"

Cis Woman
167 posts

wolflord • 17 February 2022 at 2:30 PM

Artemis shakes her head and says, "No questions from me,"

Female
912 posts

shirothekittehlover • 19 February 2022 at 4:31 AM

Mayra shaked her head and say, "No sir, i'm ready!". She looks very excited to start this mission.