new activity Ideas: Gardening and New places!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

What should the gardener be?

1,558 posts

dragonii • 26 October 2021 at 6:06 AM

So I have 2 major Ideas I've kind of been brain storming the last few days,

1. more places to visit; I've noticed in the creatures descriptions there are a lot of places saying where they originated from, and I honestly think it would be really neat to implement a way to visit the places these creatures are from. Like Faela City! I know we have travels that show what it looks like, but its honestly been a long time dream of mine (I've been playing this game for almost 10 years haha) to actually visit it.
same for Fairy World, which could only be accessed by going through a portal In Faela City, or after some major event that happened to the fairy world and they reach out to arkians to help them in their trouble.

2. Gardening and cooking: I would love if there was a timed activity to get garden specific Items that can also be used to make home made meals to feed to your creatures, or sell/give to others.

With gardening you; plant your seeds that you get from a new gardening store(Having a Boarage, Tartruff or a porcupine themed creature holding a gardening hoe and their trusty Cropler being content but ferel at the side), then you plant specific seeds and then you wait for a timer count down for when you need to water them (like the timer with the Halloween events) Watering can go from 2 - 6 times (every 4 hours) then after the 6th time you water you need to wait one last time and your garden will be ready to harvest.

then after harvesting you can wither feed your creatures the food or turn them into different food (Wheat + tomato making pasta) I'm not sure where you would cook. I would think that would be at your own cove area, placed somewhere near the garden area, or there could be a community cooking area?

So yeah, those are my ideas. ^^
I know its Up to ian to make these things but i honestly would love if these where implemented.

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 26 October 2021 at 10:08 AM

@dragonii Maybe if we have some sort of crafting that goes into cooking things (throwing in different ingredients) you could have the chance to create a food that gives more stats than usual? Just a thought.

150 posts

greengrassoftunnel • 26 October 2021 at 1:45 PM

Interesting idea. I know that Subeta has a gardening feature, and to see one on EC would be nice

87 posts

structuresfromsilence • 26 October 2021 at 10:54 PM

More places to visit would be neat but maybe that would take too much time to program? I would like it though. This site has been around for many years but other than the many creatures there isn't a whole lot to do on the site. And most of the creatures are too expensive anyway.

1,558 posts

dragonii • 26 October 2021 at 11:40 PM

@structuresfromsilence It will definitely take time to Program, but so would any other thing that would be new to the website honestly. But, im not to worried about the time that takes for a map for new places since they already have a skeleton code for it as shown in leila and the ark map. so unless Ian decides to rewrite how his map code already works, he wouldn't have to change to much of the main skeleton of the code to add more maps.

I agree that there isn't a whole lot to do after you do the all of the daily events in the games Tab, unless you like clicking A lot and going out of your way to be social with other users. (Which if you are like me you only have so much social energy haha)

@greengrassoftunnel I've honestly never heard of Subeta :0, But thats neat they have a garden feature as well. (The garden Idea was mostly inspired by pokemon, especially back 2011? when they had a web browser the Black and white dream world garden, used to play it a lot as a kid before pokemon website got ride of it)

@izziedragon That would be interesting. on top of that i think it would be interesting if there is a chance to also make inedible mush.
So over all it would be like; you mix 2-4 ingredients together and they have a chance to make common food makes your creatures less hungry but no stat boost, rare/themed meal that boosts specific stats ((I like the idea of an all seeing eye spagetti (basically spagetti n meat balls, the meatballs are eyeballs) that slightly raises views haha.)) or inedible mush, that can probably be decomposed or something to help your gardens soil.

also do you think a cook book should be implemented or do you think that should be left to the community to work out together in like a blog or something?