A More Permanent Block Feature

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 14 November 2021 at 9:41 PM

Hey, hi, I'm having a little problem that I don't necessarily have a suggestion to fix. But if anyone has an idea I'm all ears.

I have someone blocked on this account, as it's where I spend most of my time. However, this person has changed their account name/s several times, and then the block is null. And they're free to contact me again.

This has happened more than once or I wouldn't be irritated about it. Oftentimes, because of the name changes, I don't always know that this person is who I originally blocked until I've already conversed with them, did business with them, etc.

It would be a relief if the block feature wasn't attached *only* to the name used, but to an account ID of some sort. Of course, this would require some code futzing, and if the person were to delete their account and make a new one it'd have to be blocked all over again... But when I get to the point where I have to take the time to block someone and all their accounts, I'm being serious when I say I do not want to interact with this person anymore.

I don't want to cause drama, cast aspersions, or make a stink - I just want to play this game in peace.