*OPEN* The Elemental Forest {Sign Up & discussion Thread}

in Roleplaying

Cis Woman
167 posts

wolflord • 12 January 2022 at 6:34 PM

For many years the elemental forest and its inhabitants have lived in peace and harmony. The fair folk(fay, fae, fey, fair folk, faerie, pixie, etc) lived in the six kingdoms in the forest. The Dark kingdom resides in the darkest parts of the forest but the element is not as evil as some may think. The Water kingdom resides near the ocean deep in the water. The Light kingdom resides where light is always on. The Earth's kingdom resides near an open area with fertile land. The Air kingdom is on the highest mountain. And the Fire kingdom is on the hottest part of the forest but the land isn't barren and infertile one might think.
One day the dark kingdom has gained a new ruler and the dark Kingdom has started to conquer the land and enslave the other kingdom. Many fair folks have gone into hiding while others were captured by the Dark kingdom and made into slaves. Some of the citizens of the Dark kingdom don't like the new ruler and have made a secret rebellion group that helps the other fair folk escape the castle the ruler resides in. Will the forest get back into peace and harmony or will the ruler of the Dark kingdom concur with the elemental forest completely?

*Note this can also be a 1v1 rp as well as a group rp*

Rules
*Keep it pg-13
*Follow eggcave rules
*No mary/gary sues
*Characters must be original
*Put your favorite color somewhere in your sign up if you understand the rules (If you have more then one character do it on one of the character sheet)
*To start you can only have 4 characters to start with but maybe later in the rp I will change it(I will also follow this as well)
*Have fun

Character Form Sheet(Delete the stuff in parentheses)
Appearance:
Name:
Pronoun:
Sexuality:
Crush:
Personality:
Species(fay, fae, fey, fair folk, faerie, pixie, etc):
Element(You can also have a different element like time but please ask me first):
Free/Captured/other(This is for your characters a free fair folk that is either captured/free from the dark kingdom, or a certain rank/title in the dark kingdom):
Backstory:
Other:

Characters
Alastor~@Wolflord

My characters

Appearance:
https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th/id/OIP.b8msaGmsGFGnV6SJUZpeowHaKX?pid=ImgDet&rs=1
Right wing~ http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-z5DBYPbBJ-k/U_hSNd_T2qI/AAAAAAACXok/2HmivxLPEPY/s1600/1b40878271952864.png
Name:
Alastor Smoldris
Pronoun:
He/him
Sexuality:
Omisexaul
Crush:
Open(Ask)
Personality:
Alastor is smart, kind, and loyal. He is a bit on edge and guarded with some of the fair folk. He is also a big mother hen to his only son.
Species:
Fey
Element:
Fire
Free, captured, or other:
Free
Backstory:
Alastor use to be the king of the fire kingdom when his father died with the war when he was 5,000 years old. He tries to keep his kingdom safe from the dark king's rein. When the dark kingdom invade his kingdom only half of his people escaped while Alastor distracted the dark kingdom army until all of his people left the kingdom through the secret tunnels. Once his people left he tries to escape the army of the dark kingdom. He barely escape be he lost his left wing while escaping.
He now lives in a very secluded area that the dark kingdom doesn't know about nor know where it is. He has a barrier around the area and only those that has a symbol can pass through.
He has a son name Rin and the other parent is a dark fey that is his friend from the dark kingdom.
Other:
Not my art the art goes to the rightful owners.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Appearance:

Name:
Rin Smoldris
Pronoun:

Sexuality:
Omisexaul
Crush:
Open(Ask)
Personality:

Species:
Fey
Element:
Dark
Free or captured:
Free
Backstory:

Other:
Not my art the art goes to the rightful owners.

Pinglist for rp
@wolflord

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 15 July 2022 at 3:09 AM

@wolflord is this rp still open? The concept is very interesting.

1,131 posts

hikanu • 22 July 2022 at 7:33 AM

I would also like to know. I think I have a whole bunch of my original characters who could have a lot of fun in this roleplay with some minor adjustments to fit them into the forms. XD

Nero, for one, hasn't had fun outside of his current roleplay for nearly 10 years. And I think Alice too would like to stretch her legs outside of her current one. Tide or Emeck could be interesting too...

I have so many I could put under all of these kingdoms.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 27 July 2022 at 8:04 AM

@hikanu, oo your OCs sound very interesting =)

Btw here's my character sheet:

Appearance: (Note: the art does not belong to me) https://pin.it/6BE3owO

He also takes form of a large silver gray elk with white eyes as well as a barn owl with the same appearance as the elk.

Name: Skofnung
Pronoun: He/him
Sexuality: Curious Homosexual
Crush: Open
Personality: Skofnung is rather quiet and aloof. He has difficulty communicating with others due to his sheltered lifestyle. He has a soft and gentle heart, hesitant to attack others. He can be quite gullible and quick to decieve.
Species: Fey (druid)
Element: He is of the Dark Kingdom but his mother is if the Nature Kingdom does having some combination of shadow and nature abilities.
Free/Captured/other: Ran away from the Dark Kingdom and is considered to be a traitor.
Backstory: Skofnung was once the firstborn heir to the throne and a young age was trained, educated and readied; his father and everyone having had high expectations. He hadn't met his mother as she passed away in childbirth. However years later, due to an unknown sickness and a disability in his leg, his father (the King), deemed him unworthy of the throne and gave it away to the secondborn. Skonung's father locked him away in his bedroom expecting to succumb to his illness. But Skofnung did not succumb to his illness thanks to his mother's side (by that, her blood and genes).

So one night, he escaped from his bedroom and eventually the entire Dark Kingdom. He decides to pretend that he's a refugee and uses disguises to mask his heritage. However a bounty has been placed on his head that he be returned to the Dark Kingdom dead or alive. So with that, Skofnung does his best to stay alive and escape the reaches of bountyhunters and such.
Other: He has two loyal greyhounds that follow him whose names are Munin and Hugin.

1,131 posts

hikanu • 27 July 2022 at 8:47 AM

@thelaizywolf2019 I am not short of interesting OCs. Though I figured my angels wouldn't really be fit for this setup, so that's 10 less to choose from. xD

Alice would fit the best in the dark kingdom, though not really of her own volition. Nero in earth for the sake of spreading them out, though he'd be quite at home anywhere with trees. Emeck would be best fit for fire and Tide would be water.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 27 July 2022 at 8:51 AM

@hikanu Nero and Emeck are nice names 😊 (and just hearing/ seeing the word name, makes me think about Nero from DMC 5 XD)

1,131 posts

hikanu • 27 July 2022 at 8:58 AM

@thelaizywolf2019 - There's a bit of a funny story behind Emeck's name. xD

I might do some character sheets later, I really need to go feed my best friend's fish before I forget.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 27 July 2022 at 9:00 AM

@hikanu Ah, is that so? Well then, I won't keep you from feeding your best friend's fish. And of course that reminds me, gotta feed me hedgies and me cat before I also forget.

1,131 posts

hikanu • 27 July 2022 at 11:37 AM

@thelaizywolf2019 I was looking for a name for a character and was sitting, trying to pay attention to my physics teacher back in 2012. We were being taught about mechanical, thermal and kinetic energies at the time. The formula started E(mek) and with a bit of tweaking, well, I found I rather liked Emeck.

Here's a few character sheets. Gosh it's been forever since I actually did any of these.

Appearance: As a dog she's rather large and has a lot of shaggy brown fur. In her humanoid shape she is thin and gangly with untamable and unkempt brown hair long enough for her to sit on. She will most often be found wearing white dresses.
Name: Alice
Pronoun: She/her
Sexuality: She doesn't know, it's way too complicated for her.
Crush: None
Personality: Unless you anger her or threaten her pack, she is a quiet and gentle person and she is quite a big fan of cuddles and head pats.
Species: Chimera
Element: She doesn't have an element in a conventional sense, but she can shapeshift between a dog and something that resembles a humanoid form, though a fair few canine traits remain.
Free/Captured/other: She is a guard, her title being "the Guard Dog".
Backstory: Her father was close to the new ruler of the Dark kingdom before his death. He would use orphaned or kidnapped children for experiments to perfect his research before he would create the perfect bio-weapon to help the new ruler claim the throne. Alice was then made into said perfect bio-weapon.
Other: Despite her physical limitations she is exceptionally good at wielding swords. The canine part of her has given her the instincts to fight, survive, and to protect. She will fight fiercely to protect who she believes belong in her pack. At the same time, to make room for the canine part of her, she is not the most intelligent and is not good with complicated things.

Appearance: He is quite tall with fair and gentle features. His hair resembles an overgrown lawn and it's not unusual to find actual grass or flowers growing between the strands.
Name: Nero
Sexuality: Asexual
Personality: Nero is kindhearted and would rather put himself in danger than watch someone else get hurt. He is generally easy going and easy to approach and talk to.
Species: Fair folk
Element: Plant and earth manipulation
Free/Captured/other: Free (in hiding)
Backstory: When his community was attacked by soldiers of the dark kingdom, he stayed behind to fend them off to let as many fair folk escape as possible. This caused him to get captured by the soldiers. During the night on their way to the dark kingdom, he gave the soldiers the slip and went into hiding.
Other: Most notably his body is made up of more plant than flesh, due to the growth of his powers they gradually took over his body and he became one with them. This is quite useful when it comes to hiding from pursuers or scouting. He can melt into the ground or fuse himself with a tree.

Appearance: He is quite skinny and tall for his age, he has bright blue eyes and his hair is just as blue, resembling blue fire when it is caught in the wind. He is seen mostly with a frown on his face.
Name: Emeck
Sexuality: Demisexual
Personality: He is quite serious for a child and he has a tendency to become a little moody and can be a bit hard to approach or grow close to.
Species: Fay
Element: Heat manipulation, essentially he can turn something really hot or really cold at will.
Free/Captured/other: Free
Backstory: His village was attacked, he had made a stance with some of the adults to fend off the dark kingdom, but it was to no avail. His entire town was either killed or captured. Fair folk who managed to flee the neighbouring town found him and brought him with them.
Other: Whenever he dies, he is reborn as an infant. But he will only be able to remember his latest past life.

Appearance: Tide isn't very tall for her age, she's still got a bit of baby fat making her look younger than she is. Her silvery blue hair falls down her back in gentle waves and she's wearing hairclips with fishes, seahorses and seastars. Her dress used to be baby blue and is of quite a high quality. Although it has since become dirty and frayed and her appearance unkempt from her time on the run to find a better place to hide.
Name: Tide
Pronoun: She/her
Sexuality: I don't know, she hasn't hade time to investigate it.
Personality: Her personality is very bright and bubbly and she will always look on the bright side of things.
Species: Fae
Element: Water
Free/Captured/other: Free (but she's on the run)
Backstory: Like many others, Tide had fled with her mother and aunt during an attack, they later got separated as they were intercepted by more soldiers from the dark kingdom. Tide managed to hide with Clyde, but she isn't sure where either her mother or her aunt went.
Other: She has a pet sea lion named Clyde.