Two ideas

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Male
2 posts

elias999 • 23 March 2022 at 8:21 AM

So I'm new to eggcave, I've only been here about a week. My honest feedback on the site?

There are so many creatures and it's so exciting when you first start because whatever you like, you're bound to find a creature you think is cool. Awesome until you realize that most of them are old/cost irl money/up for trade but for prices that are simply unreachable for new players who don't have the money to spend on collecting online art. So the coolness of so many creatures and eggs quickly wears off. I've played games like this, so I'm not new to the concept of clicks and evolutions etc, but looking around, it seems to take an awful long time to evolve creatures from what others are saying. Meaning if I did want to trade creatures to get a different one, it's gonna take forever before they are worth anything. It's also a lot of time and clicking and feeding with no reward. Might just be my ADHD but I'm only a week in and I moreso feed my eggs so I have something to do on the bus to college than with the future evolutions in mind.
If I had to pick two things I think id change, it would be these two:

1. More cove lists. Why can each player only have five? This doesn't make sense. Other sites I've been on have had limitless groups you could make, (I vaguely remember one having a limit, but I think it was 100). It seems to be a rule placed for little reason.

2. make it free to surrender creatures. This also doesn't make any sense. With how expensive everything is here, it wouldn't make much sense to waste a bunch of coins surrendering pets, plus you are surrendering them. Keeping them and ignoring them is free. Plus the adoption center could be an amazing resource for new players if it was ever stocked. Other sites I've been on have made it free or almost free to surrender pets, but also some of them also dump inactive player's pets in an adoption center/sanctuary. This keeps things circling better, and encourages trades as more people have creatures worth trading. It also really helps rarer things stay in somewhat of a circulation, as much older players tend to have those old rare creatures and if they haven't logged on in years, those creatures just sit being rare but useless. Over time they get more rare and worth more, but that's useless if they arent in circulation. It would make much more sense to make surrendering pets free, And putting a limit to how many pets you can get from the adoption center a day.