Cancer sucks!

in Chit-Chat

Female
10 posts

sadiepup13 • 26 April 2022 at 11:11 PM

Hi everyone. The Topic Title kind of says it all. My family and I sadly found out that my dad has brain cancer. Or a tumor in the front of his brain. It is not curable and they cannot operate on it. He has about 6-8 months but he could live longer. I'm at a loss for words and don't really know what to think. I guess I'm just seeing if there is anyone else out there going through the same as me. And if there is come on over and chat with me.

Thanks for reading. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 26 April 2022 at 11:22 PM

A friend of mine had cancer all her life. It was hard to watch her spiral but her good days and favorite memories became mine too. ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’– itโ€™s hard but youโ€™re support will mean a great bit to him. Stay strong my friend

Female
10 posts

sadiepup13 • 26 April 2022 at 11:37 PM

@dragrawr

Thank you and I'm sorry you had to go through that. It's sad though with Covid and everything I've been sick so much that I can't even go and visit very often. He and my mom both got Covid too so no one in my family can go visit them right now. โ˜น๏ธ

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 27 April 2022 at 12:08 AM

@sadiepup13

I hope you all a quick recovery so that everybody can hang out and create fun memories. Never give up hope either my friend, though that is easier said than done ๐ŸŒธ

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 12 May 2022 at 9:48 AM

It sure does. I'm sorry you and your family are going through that - be sure to use whatever time you have with your family to make good memories and remind each other why you love one another. When I was going through a tough time with the loss of my own father to cancer, I was using EggCave as an escape from reality. Clicking cute creatures, not having to think about anything beyond that, and being surrounded by positive people? It helped, in its own strange little way.

Make sure you take time for yourself, too, and never forget how valid your own emotions are.