Not Another Introduction Thread

in Welcomes & Introductions

77 posts

salvalli • 5 May 2022 at 12:08 AM

Hey, hi, and hello-hello all!

I'm new here and have absolutely no clue what I'm doing. 😃

I'm not new to pet games or click games by a long shot though. There was another dragon themed egg game I used to play, that had fan-sites and click sites and hatcheries to help keep eggs alive. I've been slowly going through the FAQs to determine which way is up here.

So far it doesn't really look like there are any click sites, or hatcheries that support this? There's one that keeps getting tossed around that starts with a Y. I can't really use that one for reasons, so if there are any other other fan sites or click sites that can help, or be suggested, I would be super grateful. Even a suggestion of which forums to frequent on site would be amazing!

Also, I've found the onsite Click Exchange, but I don't think I'm doing it right? Advice welcome, please send helpful suggestions and pro tips. I'm sure being active is half the battle, and I do plan on doing that, but I'm worried because I don't have unlimited free time, you know?

I played Neopets, back in the day. And seeing the Food Shoppe, I'm wondering if that's equivalent to the 'NeoHotel' where I go to pop all my creatures in 'for a day' when their happiness is suuuuper low to boost them back up to full? Is that how it works? Or do they only gain happiness from users, and Tim just helps maintain their current happiness level?

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this.

141 posts

stormwarden • 5 May 2022 at 12:36 AM

welcome @salvalli !! 😊 re: click sites/hatcheries, there used to be a fan-run repository for feed-friendly coves or something similar, but i don't think it's updated anymore. the in-house click exchange semi-active-ish (i get a handful of clicks every day) so i would recommend that! if you're having trouble keeping your pets happy so that they don't die, that's what the food shoppe is for! tim doesn't provide any stats for evolution, but your pets' happiness won't decrease due to lack of feeding. the most sure-fire way to get feeds and stats would be to feed other people's coves! people will typically feed back when they see the notification, and if your cove gets large (like >100), i would recommend making a priority feed list so people feel more willing to feed XD

if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!! ❤️

77 posts

salvalli • 5 May 2022 at 1:14 AM

Thanks for that, @stormwarden !

That's so good to know. I feel a little more confident about sticking around now.

I may have some questions later. Is it okay if I friend you?

141 posts

stormwarden • 5 May 2022 at 1:17 AM

@salvalli yes of course!! you're welcome to pm me whenever as well ❤️

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 5 May 2022 at 8:27 AM

Hey @salvalli ! Welcome to EggCave. The Click Exchange can be a bit daunting and is generally slower-going as opposed to, well, branching out and finding users with feed-friendly coves. Usually, if you let a person know that you've fed everything in their cove, they'll return the favour and you can get a good chain of feeds (and friends!) going this way. If you want, I'd be happy to add you as a friend and I'll try to swing by daily/every other day, depending, to feed your cove. It's important to make sure the fresh faces around here have people looking out for em!

77 posts

salvalli • 5 May 2022 at 3:12 PM

Hey @kataclysm, that would be awesome!

Is there a way I can have that I’m feed friendly displayed on my profile? Or is that something that I’d have to advertise in the forums?

Also, I’m very open to friend requests and having more friends to click and interact with. I hope it’s okay if I send you a friend request too?

Female
2,131 posts

cranberrycat1 • 5 May 2022 at 3:25 PM

@salvalli

You can state on your profile that your cove is feed friendly and you accept random friend requests as well as on forums. But I recommend you do it on your profile for sure because there can be some people who stumble onto your cove and would like to feed it. Being very active on forums also gets you lots of view and clicks not as many feeds though.

77 posts

salvalli • 5 May 2022 at 3:33 PM

@cranberrycat1

Thank you for that!

For some reason, before now, the 'Edit Profile' option either wasn't there, or I just wasn't processing that it was there.

But I found it now! And I've edited my profile to say I'm feed friendly and accepting friend requests. 😸

Thank you everyone.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 5 May 2022 at 4:08 PM

Hey @salvalli!

If you fool around a little with your settings, you should be able to find a way to edit your profile text! You can put whatever you want there. ♥️

77 posts

salvalli • 5 May 2022 at 10:17 PM

@kataclysm

It took me a minute, but I found it!

@/Everyone

Thank you all for the warm welcome and support.