Ring Ring! Hello There! :)

in Welcomes & Introductions

Cis Woman
12 posts

callsatmidnight • 27 May 2022 at 9:13 PM

Hello, I'm Celena, Cel for short! I'm an Artist and can usually be seen on social media, art sites, and pet sites! On the side I like to enjoy video games, comics, and collecting toys.
I tend to have an affinity for things blue or purple! Night, Space, or Animal-related!

I've always been an avid fan of Pet and Adoptable sites as early as 2004! Neopets was actually the first place that got me interested in doing art, and being introduced to other Pet Adoptable Sites soon followed : ) While life didn't allow me to be active all of the time, they've always had a special place in my heart, and I like to come back to them occasionally.

Nowadays I'm usually busy with two jobs, but because I've had to recover from a big surgery for the past month, it's allowed me some downtime to try out the hobby again!

While on Subeta I saw a cute little Musheep in someone's signature that got me curious to check out the site!
It's my first time on here, and while I'm a little intimidated by all the cute (and retired :'D) creatures that are on this site, I'm hoping I'll get the hang of navigating this site so I can find some of the cuties that have caught my eye!

1,558 posts

dragonii • 7 June 2022 at 5:33 PM

@callsatmidnight HELLO WELCOME TO EGGCAVE! Nice to see a fellow artist around!

(**whispers** if you are interested in holding commissions I am looking for artists to commission, though regretfully I can only pay through EC, just name your price. But just don't push yourself or anything)

**Coughs** I totally understand only being able to spend a certain amount of time on different websites, life gets busy, but man is it nice to collect things haha.

Im sorry about you going into surgery though, and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Cis Woman
12 posts

callsatmidnight • 7 June 2022 at 11:58 PM

@dragonii Thank you so much for the warm welcome and well wishes! ^^ I've played other click-based pet sites since years back and it's fun to try another during my downtime. Granted I'm used to being a 1-of-everything kinda collector when I play, but it's a little nicer to change the scope to collecting cute Creatures I like most ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thankfully my recovery has been going well! It was my first surgery and in my brain to boot so it was definitely scary. I just didn't imagine I'd recover so easily in 1-2 months, but fortunately my head is just really good at adapting to these kind of changes ='D

((Oh thank you for the interest! o: I'm currently backlogged with my art queue I've had since before my surgery, but when I have an opening I can consider it! Just a heads up I have more of an enthusiasm to draw Furry/Anthro characters : )
I tried looking through the ToS and didn't see anything against it, but if we're able to have art shops and offer art for EC/Creatures I would definitely do that to help my quest for certain WL creatures X')
My Carrd info is a WIP but my Commission Queue can be seen here for your interest!))
https://trello.com/b/VaZbUk89/cels-commissions

1,558 posts

dragonii • 8 June 2022 at 12:49 AM

@callsatmidnight That's understandable, I think the only one I've played that's closest to the one per collection is uhh.. neopets? The others I've played are usually Pokรฉmon themed RPGs, or ones with multiple monsters or breedables.

That's good to hear! I know surgeries are super scary, but I'm glad you are healing up well, I hope you keep that protectory and heal up 100%

((You're art style is so cute!!! when you have an open queue id love to commission you. ๐Ÿ˜ธ
Totally understandable, Good thing I have furry and anthro characters haha.
you can absolutely open up an art shop for those things!! Though I'm not too sure about IRL money i never asked the mods or the creator of eggcave about that haha))

Cis Woman
12 posts

callsatmidnight • 12 June 2022 at 2:49 AM

@dragonii Oh that's neat! : ) I've dabbled in some places like that! Virtuadopts, Flight Rising, Wajas, etc
I especially like sites with their own cute creatures/species that I can make characters of. Especially when they encourage petpage like stuff lol

Thanks :'D I'm still working on the finer points of my balance in vestibular rehab but otherwise I'm slowly easing myself back into a work schedule which hopefully goes well! So far the only downside is the air conditioning making my 'bad' eye dry quicker lol

((Much obliged! ^^b And just to clarify any art commissions involving IRL $ I'd probably keep offsite on my Trello lol, But I'd gladly consider EC/CC/WL Creatures in the future c: ))

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 12 June 2022 at 6:15 PM

@callsatmidnight hiya, welcome to egg cave! i see my reply is a bit late, apologies :') my love for pet sites also began with neopets back in 2006! i'm very nostalgic for it but the site has just been so mismanaged and neglected for years โ˜น๏ธ my main account got frozen years back when a ton of accounts were hacked and compromised and after literally years of unsuccessful support attempts getting it back i gave up on the site completely, but i'll always appreciate it for how it shaped me as an individual today ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

i've also dabbled in other pet sites, subeta included, i really like the pets and art on there ๐Ÿ˜Š in recent years egg cave has been the only pet site i have really dedicated any real time to though! if you have any questions or need any help with anything feel free to write on my wall or PM me. i'll send over a couple gifts from my side in a minute! i'm always down to chat too, just hit me up ๐Ÿ˜ƒ great to meet you