Monthly Writing Contest

in User Contests & Giveaways

Are you interested in participating?

93 posts

secreteggent • 31 May 2022 at 11:42 PM

Hi everyone! I was checking out the forums and noticed there werent any active creating writing contests. I always enjoyed participating and reading other people's entries, so I figured why not start a casual, recurring contest of my own! The rules are simple: each month there is a new contest and prompt to fulfill. The contest ends on the first of the next month, and the winners will be announced and the prizes awarded. And now, to expand on the rules-

The contest will have a soft deadline of 12 AM ECT of the first of the month (entries will still be accepted), and a hard deadline of me declaring the end of the contest (end of accepting entries). The hard deadline will still occur on the first of the month and the winners will be declared that same day unless stated otherwise. I will be the one judging the entries and choosing the winners.

Your entry must fulfill the parameters of the prompt, otherwise it will not be counted. Any additional rules will be included with the prompt. The entry doesn't have to be a short story; it can be any form of creative writing (ie: poetry). There is no limit on how long your entry may be, but the short story format must be at least 200 words. All entries must abide by the forum rules set by eggcave- specifically the roleplay content guidelines (found here: https://eggcave.com/forums/rules).

Each person can submit one entry per prompt.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

The prizes will be as follow and may increase depending on interest:

1st Place: 250,000 EC
2nd Place: 125,000 EC
3rd Place: 75,000 EC

The prompt for the month of June:

Rewrite a myth so that it goes against its common telling/interpretation.
Before or after your entry, state what myth you are rewriting.

End of Contest: 12 AM ECT July 1st