Cove Size Increase

in General

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 September 2022 at 1:22 AM

Hey there! I tried so many times to get this to fit in a blog comment and just couldn't. I will still try to keep this brief.

I would like to start this forum post by saying I am plenty well off when it comes to EC. I have been playing for 12 years, and I have the financial freedom to be able to buy CC for trading for EC, creatures, etc. This is just how I feel about this change, and how I might have felt if I wasn't so fortunate in the EC department.

I am so happy for new/smaller players. I think the default cove size increase is a great step in the right direction for EggCave.

However, I think players with cove spaces over that should also catch some sort of break. I think some consideration should be taken into account for players with larger collections by either implementing a price cap for expansions and/or increasing the prices in a way that decreases. If that makes sense? For example, right now each increase costs 200 EC. This isn't much at first, but with 1000 cove slots right now I have paid over 25mil EC, and even after the update each increase costs over 100,000 EC. This is just to keep up with ONE of each of the available creatures right now. With more and more creatures becoming accessible to new users each month (many releases every month, with re-releases), I think punishing people for collecting creatures and investing in EggCave should be rewarded, not limited.

I love this site, and I think many of the new additions to the game have made big positive impacts. However, I have been advocating for changes in the cove size increases for a long time. This has been long overdue. I think a more future-proof solution would be more appropriate, and longstanging. I do hope EggCave stays around for years and years to come, but with that more and more creatures will become available. With that more cove size struggles will come to the forefront in coming years.

Love you all
Lucy ❤️