A Shoutbox?

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 9 December 2022 at 11:09 AM

So basically if you're a Rescreatu player, you may know what I'm talking about. In Rescreatu, which is another virtual pet site, there is a small box on the bottom left corner of the screen where people can chat, advertise and stuff. That exists in Wolvden and Lioden as well, and I think that is a great idea for people to communicate and interact LIVE, without having to reload every second for a forum post.

But having a Shoutbox also means there should be rules AND Shoutbox moderators.
In Rescreatu, there are rules like:
No spamming (Excessive use of CAPS, Excessive use of exclamation points or question marks, more than 4 posts in a row, and something like: HeLLo!!!!!!! WoUlD yOuuu LiKE tO oFFfer For OnE oF mY CreAturEs In mY sAleS tAb???????????//??//?))
Only advertise every 30 minutes
No curse words
No mini-modding (Telling other people what to do when you're not a mod)
No discussion about death, bans, personal information, etc

And that's basically what shoutboxes are like. I'd really love EggCave to have a shoutbox.

Shoutboxes in Rescreatu:
https://ibb.co/0V87xPg

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 14 December 2022 at 6:08 AM

I'm familiar with the concept of shoutboxes, and I think they'd be a good addition to EggCave. Something that this community lacks is... A sense of community. We're all ships passing one another in the night because our interactions are inevitably staggered. I'll post this reply, and you might not see it immediately, and perhaps a week will pass and the momentum of the conversation is kaput.

All that said, I think in an ideal world, a chatbox just to chat would be difficult to police. Maybe a chatbox with various 'rooms', like a trade-centric conversation spot, an everyday chitchat room, a.. fanart and roleplay spot.

Nonetheless, good suggestion!

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 14 December 2022 at 7:18 AM

^^ Thank you!