is this allowed? is this breaking the copyright rule?(ANSWERED)

in Help & Questions

Female
893 posts

murfijs • 17 January 2023 at 6:17 AM

hello!
i found this quiz on sporcle, its about naming eggcave creatures. https://www.sporcle.com/games/kursite/name-all-these-eggcave-creatures-from-2009-2012

the problem is, it uses eggcave creature images for the quiz.
is that allowed?isnt the creator of that quiz breaking this rule?

''Copyright
All site designs, text, images, photographs, illustrations, artwork, graphic material, or other copyrightable elements, and the selection and arrangements thereof, and trademarks, service marks and trade names are the property of the Site and its Parent and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, licensors or other respective owners, and are protected, without limitation, pursuant to U.S. and foreign copyright and trademark laws. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Site is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site.''

isnt this basically redistribution, or am i mistaken? should i try to contact that quiz's creator to take it down?

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 17 January 2023 at 6:47 AM

I think the correct thing to do here is make EggCave staff aware of it and allow them to handle it however they see fit. It's not your job to fight their battles for them, and they'll have processes and procedures that are appropriate for how they go forward. @murfijs

Female
893 posts

murfijs • 17 January 2023 at 8:51 AM

@kataclysm
ok ^^
maybe i should ping them?

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 17 January 2023 at 8:58 AM

Maybe. Or consider putting a ticket in, to ensure that it's seen by them?

Female
893 posts

murfijs • 17 January 2023 at 9:37 AM

@kataclysm
will do ^^

*edit*
Ian said its okay.
as this question is now answered this topic should be closed now