animal jam

in Entertainment

Gender Fluid
50 posts

skullgirl555 • 6 August 2023 at 7:12 AM

why did it go so down hill

1,558 posts

dragonii • 6 August 2023 at 4:17 PM

I heard it had something to do with it being bought out, but I am not certain.

though sometimes websites especially heavily populated ones tend to have a wacky user base that make things feel like they are going down hill. and other times its the devs making the space not enjoyable.

Female
4 posts

queueyou • 11 February 2024 at 10:26 AM

I loove animal jam, but there are some reasons (in my perspective) of why its going downhill

- lack of updates.
- people growing older and kids having more variety of games to pick than animal jam.
- its only on desktops and doesn't work on laptops anymore, since flash isn't here either.

but if you're talking about play wild, here are other reasons for that game

- repetitive
- getting pay to win
- fandom (as said from the post above, they do make good points)

81 posts

emi804 • 8 March 2024 at 8:58 AM

I think it's because of the change in user base and things just not seeming as magical as they did I was a kid. Kind of like how in the unofficial Club Penguin remakes, a lot of the players are adults now, and the vibe isn't the same. It's probably for the best because I don't want to play with kids now, lol.

And there's the whole membership thing. When I was small, I could blame my parents for not buying me one. Now I'm just disappointed in AJ for making it more and more pay to play. Non-members can't even have pet hamsters anymore, IIRC.