What happened to my creature? owo

in Help & Questions

Deleted • 5 December 2023 at 11:29 AM

The salaskye in my cove... she used to have a "buggy" grandfathered name, all in small-caps, "ᴛᴇᴀ". Today, I put her in the TC and dunno what it happened, but she was re-named "oo4BAk". o.o

https://imgur.com/LdG2lxh

34 posts

eggcaveteam • 5 December 2023 at 11:41 AM

Due to reports about creatures with now disallowed characters in their names, all creatures with names containing these types of characters have been changed.

Deleted • 5 December 2023 at 12:25 PM

@eggcaveteam that's fantastic, what about people that traded especially for these creatures, though? Removing them because someone is reporting them, doesn't seem very fair to the users who got them through trading. 🥲 These creatures should be treated as grandfathered creatures imo instead of auto deleted without a word, unless EC allows names to be not unique and with special characters for everyone.

#justiceforᴛᴇᴀ

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 5 December 2023 at 2:14 PM

Shocking to me that it seems like these changes occurred without so much as a courtesy notification or PM.

34 posts

eggcaveteam • 5 December 2023 at 2:14 PM

@sinthr
We have been renaming these creatures as they were brought to our attention ever since special characters were disallowed years ago. Yesterday we decided to stop doing that and every single creature with a special character in their name was renamed, not just yours. If someone traded for something that was glitched/not allowed, that is done at their own risk. Such things tend to get fixed/removed in time and they should be aware of that fact.