About item collecting (gallery & more)...

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Deleted • 9 January 2024 at 2:03 PM

I have two suggestions - I was just thinking about it so I wanted to try and share my point of view.

1) Make it so we have a "user item collection" one that is personal and not linked to any creature - in short, a gallery! It would be similar to shop, but it's just for showcasing (you'd still need ECs to expand the number of items it can hold and it would be a very nice EC sink in my opinion). I think it would be simple to implement, basically a carbon copy of the shop feature without the buy for a price thing.

2) Make it so we can remove items from item collections of pets. Sometimes it triggers my inner ocd to see pets having odd numbered item collections or items I don't want in there (because maybe I traded for the pet and it already had them), or because I switched travels. Maybe a "disable item collection for this pet" feature? It would be so, so, so appreciated and loved! 🙏 Also a "reset pet collection" / "remove specific items from pet item collection" option would be nice (for collectors that want to start over or make their pets collects specific things only)

Thanks for reading! Won't ping people in because I don't wanna bother them lol, but If you do stumble upon this board and you like the idea, it'll be appreciated If you give your input or ping a friend. ❤️

1,133 posts

hikanu • 9 January 2024 at 2:09 PM

I agree. We need a gallery. If only for people to stop using their user shops as one.

It is very disheartening to look for an item that you desperately need. Either for a quest or to bait a creature. And then the shop search show the item is available, but because of a ridiculous price being set, you can't (or won't) buy it, which is the point of the price. Then I'd rather the shop search shows up empty.

Bigender
72 posts

zoruna • 11 January 2024 at 5:37 PM

I'm for the gallery. I'm tired of quests asking me for an item simply because it is available for sale in a store of a player who uses his store as a gallery and basically writes in his rules that he will not give / sell the item. Conclusion, these players are blocking quests, simply because there is no gallery, and it annoys me to have to cancel quests just because of that

Non-binary
45 posts

lifeform42 • 12 January 2024 at 12:16 AM

I love the gallery idea a ton, it would make my collection and showing off collection brain very happy.

Deleted • 12 January 2024 at 3:57 PM

Thank you very much for the support, guys! Here's hoping for a gallery feature soon! And for more pet item collection features for collectors and not! 👀✨

Female
457 posts

cageheart • 20 February 2024 at 1:53 PM

Out of all of the new features I think this site needs, the gallery option is #1! Like the others above have said, needing a quest item and not being able to afford it out of the user shops because of it being a collectors item really sucks (I have nothing against the collectors putting their items in the shop), plus I have a ton of items in my strongroom that I would love to display but can't. I really hope this is the next big feature that is implemented on here!!

And for the creature collection thing, I'm surprised there isn't an option for that yet. I think a good way of implementing that would be to give the user the option to either destroy the item or to purchase something that allows them to get the item into their inventory (like the Recover Travel Passport for travels)