Hypothetical EggCave monster taming game

in General

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 January 2024 at 10:40 PM

Hello hi Shiro here again
When I was asleep my mind came up w/ the concept of a monster taming EC game and I was like, "wow that's interesting, what if I develop that idea further"
Now I'm can't code junk at all but hey, it's fun to create concepts for a hypothetical game anyway : D

Here are some concepts for said game I've came up with:
- The game's in pixel style
- A creature has passive abilities (might be used in and/or out of battle) and battle moves
- There are several Types of creatures, one of them being Fungi Types and Wind Types
- Fungi Types have higher stats in a damp environment
- Wind creatures (e.g Mackatron) move faster (higher speed, higher move priority) during windy seasons
- One of the passive abilities used in battle is Mindlink, an ability any creature w/ psychic powers can have, it basically makes the ability haver be linked w/ an ally, making it more easier to dodge attacks from the opposing side
- When you read certain books (as in the ones currently existing in the actual game) to your creatures, it might gain a battle stat, learn a new passive ability, or learn a new move
- Using a spore move/ability on a creature may cause varied statuses (e.g Leeched), but using it on a Food creature will cause it to become Moldy (lowers stats + reduces HP by a lil bit)
- Speaking of the Moldy status, there's also a move called Chomp (self explanatory), but using it on a Food creature will cause the user's HP to be restored by half (or 1/3 I'm not sure either) the damage taken, BUT when said Food creature is moldy then the user becomes poisoned instead!

Feel free to brainstorm more ideas if you're interested! ^^ (/nf)

Female
1,307 posts

daisycat • 14 January 2024 at 11:12 PM

@shirothekittehlover
This is so cute and fun! In the past, @matcha and I have briefly talked about if there was a battling style EC game, what would it be like. I'd definitely want it to be pixel art. I'm not one for fighting in games, but it would be still be soo cute overall (and very Pokemon-esque).

I really love the parts about Food creatures!

"using it on a Food creature will cause it to become Moldy"
XD I can just imagine how silly cute a Moldy Food creature would look. Kinda like the moldy food on here, but with a disgruntled, defeated, or ill-looking face. :,)

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 January 2024 at 11:41 PM

@daisycat
Glad to know that I'm not the only one to think abt a battle EC game-

"Kinda like the moldy food on here, but with a disgruntled, defeated, or ill-looking face"
Pretty much lmbo xD