Creature Suggestion: Dodonut 🦤🍩

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 19 January 2024 at 2:00 PM

Introducing 🦤
the Dodonut 🍩

The Dodonut is a doughnut dodo bird! Are you surprised?

I came up with putting a dodo with a doughnut many years ago and am bringing it to Egg Cave today! When I was around nine years old, I was absolutely obsessed with dodo birds. It was one of around seven major animal obsessions I've had. I also love making and eating doughnuts. x)

🌟FYI, there may be even more of my half-started suggestions finished soon, as I try to get them out before I start my new job! Some are newer ideas and others are characters I made years ago. They may be drawn quickly, but I hope they bring you joy. ^^

Artwork of 🦤
the Dodonut 🍩

https://ibb.co/x5zFWFB
I used micron pens, watercolors, and colored pencils.
I also added a quick digital sketch displaying a more soft, plush character design.

About 🦤
Dodonut Eggs 🍩

This deliciously soft egg has a scent reminiscent of The Bakery.

About the 🦤
Dodonut Creature 🍩

Dodonuts are friendly, fearless birds who love to make friends with everyone. If you look around The Bakery, you'll surely see a group of 13 Dodonuts, referred to as a Baker's Dozen. While they enjoy many different baked goods, their preference lies within the delicious fried treat of a yeast-raised doughnut. Not only will they eat doughnuts, but they will utilize giant doughnuts as nests. This contributes to Dodonuts growing up to be so sweet. Last, but not yeast, Dodonuts are very trusting creatures. Be genuine towards them and you will have a sweet friend for life. So, what are you waiting for? Don't loaf around, rise to the occasion, you knead a Dodonut!

Dodonut Name Origin 🦤
and Pronunciation🍩

Dodonut: Dodo + Donut / Doughnut (doh-doh-nut)
Please do not change the name of this suggestion. ^^

Dodonut 🦤
Details🍩

Weight: 13.6 kg
Height: 0.8 m
Gender Profile: Standard
Habitat: Forest
Obtained From: Cash Shop or Cave

Dodonut 🦤
Evolution 🍩

Baby: 180 Feeds
Teen: 662 Feeds
Adult: 847 Feeds

180: Sprinkles were invented in the 18th century.
662: The last sighting of a dodo was in 1662, just 64 years after it was first discovered by humans. Sigh. Dodos lived on an island, and like many island species, they were not afraid of humans. Along with their docile temperament, they were flightless; this unfortunately made them easy targets.
847: The modern-day doughnut with a hole in the center was invented in 1847 by an American ship captain named Hanson Gregory.

Dodonut 🦤
Nonotes 🍩

If selected, I'd love for this to be drawn by the Smitten and Revelca artist.
Please keep the egg as a pink frosted doughnut with sprinkles.
The tail feathers are sprinkles. The feet could also be sprinkles, namely using the digital concept art where just the toes are just poking out.
You can add some pink frosting and sprinkles on the dodo in any stage.
You can have the dodo's mouth open in any stage.
The doughnut is "standard" colors, but the dodo can be more pastel. The feathers should be light blue with a much lighter blue as the face. That said, the sprinkles on the dodo could also be pastel instead, to give a lighter, softer look to the design.

Thank you for checking out my delicious Dodonut!
Please ping anyone you think would be interested!! :,)
I have a difficult time pinging on my own suggestions. ^^'

1,134 posts

hikanu • 19 January 2024 at 4:31 PM

So many buns in the description, I love it. This is a rather funny li'l fellow and I quite like him already. 😃

Female
760 posts

okami • 19 January 2024 at 4:59 PM

@daisycat
Oh. My. Gosh. Coming from someone who has a pretty strong distaste for doughnuts irl.... I ADORE this little guy. The adorable smile, the colorful tail feather-sprinkles, the boopable snoot and head ;-; And 13 of them are called a Baker's Dozen?!?! ❤️ If this ended up being a cave creature I'd have to get 13 of them for that sole reason. And the puns throughout the description xD I also love the thought you put behind the potential evolution requirements, it's a really nice nod to the dodo birds history.

Deleted • 19 January 2024 at 5:22 PM

I love donuts, now I want one, and it's a bad idea because it's almost midnight and... I don't even have donuts in the house. ;w;

What to say, it's such a sweet bird, and looks so much huggable - I really like the soft colors as well. Teen stage is a blessing, it just looks so clumsy, like it just learned to walk but it's having difficulties because the donut used as a nest got stuck on the rear and the poor happy thing keeps falling on its butt on the floor. 💖 Keep me away or I'll eat that egg stage tho. 🥲

Male
95 posts

matcha • 19 January 2024 at 6:50 PM

Extremely cute! As you know, I freaking love doughnuts 😊

Love the lil sprinkles tail ❤️

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 20 January 2024 at 8:20 PM

@hikanu
Thank you! I'm glad you like! ^^

@okami
Thank you so much! 😊 Hopefully you will enjoy some cyber pixel doughnuts. 😸

@sinthr
Thank you for your feedback! Do you have a favorite kind of doughnut? 😊 Yeah I decided afterwards that I'd like a more soft, pastel kind of look, just makes it looks more sweet and gentle.

@matcha
Thank you!! ❤️

Female
2,554 posts

dragrawr • 20 January 2024 at 8:26 PM

@daisycat literally in tears over this. I love dodos. I love them so much ;w; ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ YESYESYES

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 20 January 2024 at 8:31 PM

@dragrawr
Omg you do!?!? I'm so glad!! Thank you for your comment! ❤️ I freaking love them. ;o;
They are in my top five favorite birds. One of my other favorites is on its way to becoming another suggestion. XD I started it digitally but have a desire to paint it irl lol so idk what I'm gonna do.
I know birds aren't your favorite so I really appreciate this hehe.

Female
2,554 posts

dragrawr • 20 January 2024 at 8:33 PM

@daisycat I love dodos so much!! Larger, flightless prehistoric birds tend to be my favorite. I really love terror birds- modern birds I love steamer ducks, toucans, and puffins! I made a puffin suggestion once but shhh that was... a long while ago.

Cant wait to see the other one *v*

1,967 posts

opalquinze • 20 January 2024 at 8:44 PM

the plush version reminds me of a Beanie Baby (not sure if that was your intention, but i love it)! man, i want this to be a real life plush now that i’ve said it cuz i would definitely pet it

(also “nonotes” i can’t lol)

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 20 January 2024 at 8:54 PM

@dragrawr
I love to see the dodo love. :,) Ooh then hopefully you'll like the one I'm referring to, because it is also flightless. ;D Though, not prehistoric. And not a penguin.
I wanna see puffin. o_o

@opalquinze
I adore Beanie Babies!! Not my intention but I am 100% here for it, I definitely see it too now! I always wished they made a dodo Beanie Baby, but all they had back then was an "ugly duckling" named Dinky who was often called Dinky the Dodo... even though it was a gosling. I still loved him so much. x)
LOL so glad someone enjoyed the Nonotes. XD I was gonna do that with every blurb but thought it'd be too much. Abobout, Evovolution, etc. x)

Deleted • 21 January 2024 at 1:37 AM

There's a place in my town in which they make this donut with wild berries (blueberries , raspberries and strawberries), filling and topping, and it's to die for, definitely my favorite donut... although not 100%. I didn't eat all the donut flavour in this world (yet) so there might be a donut I like even more... I think I'll hop on a giant dodonut and go search for the ultimate donut! 😊

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 21 January 2024 at 7:10 PM

@sinthr
Oh that sounds so up my alley. :0 That's my favorite topping to make for cheesecake, I call it triple berry. Sometimes blackberries are in there, too. x) So it sounds incredible for a doughnut. There's a doughnut called a lemon espresso bismark, filled with lemon custard, topped with lemon icing and espresso powder, it's sooo delish. :,) That's one of my top favorites, though I agree with you, difficult to choose!

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 22 January 2024 at 8:36 AM

It's a very cute concept for a dodo pet.

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 23 January 2024 at 2:22 PM

@daisycat
such an adorable little fellow!
i love how the egg stage is a frosted donut with sprinkles and then becomes almost like a pool floatie
i also love the rainbow tail feathers

181 posts

noman15 • 24 January 2024 at 10:47 AM

It's a pity that memorable extinct animals is probably not a theme that would go well for a month, as this one is adorable.

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 25 January 2024 at 7:58 PM

@chihiro_sang @icecloud101 @noman15
Thank you everyone, I'm happy you like it! ^^
I actually do think extinct animals would be an awesome monthly theme for Egg Cave, that's a great idea!! :0 There'd be so, so many animals to choose from and it would be really lovely to give them some time to shine and be remembered. ❤️