Register
daisycat • 15 September 2026 at 11:35 PM
Kinda like misheard lyrics, but for creatures! Let me explain...Smokemuth stage 2 babyI used to think the two black circles were the eyes, but realized that the other eye is on the other side, just barely showing, and the other black circle is the nose!! So so so cute! This made me love this creature even more cuz it's just so adorable with the nosey. It reminds me of a Pokemon bug, like Weedle. (shoutout to Borro, Wigglet, Morhethalon, and kinda Barthug)Hulae stage 2 babyI thought the nose was the eye and the head was turned down towards the ground, and it had like a pleading, puppy dog eyed look. The actual eyes, at least one of them, looked like a little eyebrow to me. This stage always looked like a baby rabbit before I realized that the tiny things were the eyes and the fake eye was actually the nose.Batwom stage 2 babyThis one happened to me today and inspired me to make this thread. This one stunned me lol. I always saw this as a giggling creature, with its mouth open and head turned slightly to its left. I thought its left eye was the nose, its nose was the mouth, and its right eye was still its right eye. I think it always seemed this way to me cuz of the one eye being purposely light fur and the other being purposely dark fur, and then the shading on the nose seemed like an open mouth.A lot of eye/nose confusion lol. Idk I guess my vision is that horrible or whatever but to be fair, I first played Egg Cave on just my little laptop screen, from 2022 to 2025. Then first week of January 2025, I connected a large monitor to my laptop that my brother got from his work but didn't need. That definitely helped me see things differently... large, clear, crisp. I suppose they have just been slow arrivals of realizations and I wonder what other ones will slowly pop out at me... 👀Please feel welcome to share creatures who you realized look different than you initially thought they did. :-)
merit • 21 September 2026 at 12:40 PM
Okay, I thought I didn't have any of those but I realized I do.It turns out that the egg phase of Danzaria is not in fact a weird face. And the final evolution of the Dogfish does not have a strange, muscley second fin growing out of its back- that's just part of the tail.Most of the ones you mentioned, I couldn't see what you saw initially. But the Smokemuth one is actually life-changing, what an absolute cutie!