Register
nenielsen • 1 week ago
I am back on Egg Cave after like 10 years. I originally joined in 2010, and it's wild to see that the site is not only still up but the same as it always was which is comforting in a way. However, some things could be changed for the better. For starters, we have coves of creatures out here in the hundreds or even thousands. It is so very time intensive to not only organize an existing cove, but to be adding new creatures to it each and every day. The current system has me assigning numbers to each creature to have them in what should be an automated sorting system (by species). So not only do I have to spend many hours sorting creatures, but if I want multiple lists of different sorting styles or labels, I would have to add new creatures to each list which is just way too much work. If the mods of Egg Cave have the time, I would very much like them to consider this. The site seems more quiet than before, and therefore there is a lot less to do since trading, auctions and other aspects involving other players is much less busy. So I'd love to see more options for organization and sorting of creatures, perhaps some kind of style options for ordering but also appearance of the cove itself like colored tabs perhaps? Let me know if anyone else has any similar ideas along this line.