Seasonal Creature Retirement Trends?

in Help & Questions

Demigirl
318 posts

     

merit • 1 week ago

Hi,

I know seasonal creatures can get retired sometimes. When this happens, is it more likely to happen at the start of the relevant season, or at the end of it?

Basically, I have a few Halloween seasonals I want to grab. I'm hoping I can get them on my own next month, but I'm worried that they might get retired October 1st and therefore become more expensive. Is that a realistic fear?

Obviously nothing is guaranteed, and I'm not looking for official answers. But if anyone could share their experience with this, I'd appreciate it!

Female
2,592 posts

     

minnie298a • 1 week ago

@merit
From what I've noticed, the Halloween and Valentine's event creatures are "new one in - oldest one out" sort of thing.

So, going on that trend I think the Lazzar will be retired this year, and the Candacade, Gurvari, Kotele, Sanguivane and new creature will be available this year. Plus there could be an older creature rereleased. Pretty sure the Kinump is available every year as well.

https://eggcave.com/archives/search?tag=Halloween Basically most of the creatures under the Halloween tag in the archives are listed in what I believe are chronological order (or close to it). Not sure what the deal with the Gravenaw is though, as if I recall, it was found in the Cave and no other cave Halloween creatures seem to be listed.

But this is just my speculations and I could be out with my timing.

Plus a set of travels should retire, and a new set available from the pool, again in a first in, first out rotation.

Demigirl
318 posts

     

merit • 1 week ago

@minnie298a

Thanks so much!

It sounds like I should grab a Lazzar, but I'm otherwise good. That will make me feel better going into October! (Even if things work out differently, I'll feel good about having prepared somehow.)

Female
2,592 posts

     

minnie298a • 1 day ago

@merit
Well ..... slight oppsie.

Seems I was one out with my retirement creature prediction. So you can earn yourself the Lazzar, but it is likely the last year until it returns. The old creatures also seem to be returning in chronological order as well.
And it seems no travels retired.

Demigirl
318 posts

     

merit • 1 day ago

@minnie298a

No worries at all! Like I said, it still made me feel better to try to be prepared.

Thankfully my Luxu needs were already met, so I'm all good. (Shame they're retired now though; they're so cute!)

Reply