Unable to restore a creature

in Site Feedback & Ideas

3,562 posts

cafe • 9 October 2011 at 10:56 PM

I don't know if this thought came to me when I became a tad jealous, but my friend thought it was a nice idea and I should just try and put it out there.

[Said friend is @xxcrayolademonxx]

Kso, May 20th [Three days after my ankle surgery] my foo died. But, I had my friend watching my accounts for me, she just forgot about my side. [Many others died, but they weren't as special as DawnJem]

And I thought I had hope to get her back, when I saw that some people were getting their creatures restored, mostly from not seeing the creature's health was becoming low.

But, DawnJem couldn't be restored; she died before the data was being kept.

I think, in this event, where they can't restore a creature but it was out of the persons power [My mom, Doctor, and dad said I //had// to stay in bed. And I thought my eggs were okay, since my friend was watching it.] then they should give said person the egg of the same species.

If this would have happened around, say now, I would have gotten DawnJem back.
So I think an egg would be fair; since I would get a foo either way.

Just, me rambling out of a bit of jealously. Lolol.

Deleted • 9 October 2011 at 11:02 PM

I shall ping random people

@smilies
@katniss
@Pipkitten
@Trish
@Lizardfeather

Deleted • 9 October 2011 at 11:04 PM

It sounds like a pretty good idea... ):
That's sad, I'm so sorry. I think you do deserve to get your Foo back. :c

9,386 posts

smilies • 9 October 2011 at 11:11 PM

@cafe (If he gave you a foo egg you could probably get TWO fully grown foos for it... Kehehehe) Good luck X)

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 9 October 2011 at 11:12 PM

@Cafe
It's so sad that you lost your Foo! D: As someone who's never had a rare creature die, I don't truly know the feeling of losing one, but I think this is a good idea. You should get your Foo back~ ^^
Unfortunately, if Ian did give you an egg to replace DawnJem, he would probably have to deal with a tsunami of other users who also had rares die before the data storing...

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 9 October 2011 at 11:13 PM

@cafe Foo egg? D: PSH. I think you should just get what you lost. 😉 No offense. I'm so sorry though! ☚ī¸

3,562 posts

cafe • 9 October 2011 at 11:16 PM

@pipkitten

That's why a said, something out of their power.

Me, I was unable to get on the computer. Point blank. Doctor told me not to. I was bed ridden.

@trish

I say foo egg, cause it seems the easiest XD

Easier to just give someone an egg, than have to wait for them to tell you what stage it's at, all that

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 9 October 2011 at 11:22 PM

@Cafe
I understand ya.
But by saying the bit about the tsunami, I was just thinking about how many people wouldn't pay attention to the "Out of your power" part... They'd just go "OMG, Cafe got an egg to replace her Foo! I need one!" And stampede over to Ian, demanding that he help them, too.

3,562 posts

cafe • 9 October 2011 at 11:23 PM

@pipkitten

Then that's their fault
And they will be disappointed
LOL

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 9 October 2011 at 11:29 PM

@Cafe
Lol, I guess so! 😋 And you'd get to sit back and laugh at them as they flail about like dying fish~

3,562 posts

cafe • 9 October 2011 at 11:38 PM

@Zac [You have the only username I can remember]

Can you ask Ian about this?
I know he doesn't get pings, so it's useless to try to ping him

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 9 October 2011 at 11:54 PM

It's really sad that your foo died. I've had several rares die as well...including a 2nd stage roo, olipmt, and others, so I know what it's like. However I don't think that your creature can/should be restored. Otherwise people could make things up just to get rare creatures. If there is no data, there's no way to prove that they're lying. It would be chaos.

1,247 posts

Zac • 9 October 2011 at 11:55 PM

@cafe

It's certainly a messy issue, but it is the site's policy to only restore creatures that are lost in a site glitch, regardless of a user's computers dying or not having access to an Internet connection. Unfortunately, this has not always held true and there have been exceptions made. But this is always at Ian's discretion. I think he and the moderating team are going to work on enforcing this more consistently and diligently. In the future, creatures will NOT be restored barring the aforementioned circumstances.

Also, the fact that we do not have any backups means we 100% are not able to retrieve creatures. Any backups that we might have only go back a little ways. ☚ī¸

I'm terribly sorry about the loss of your Foo and hope you understand!

Oh, and Ian does in fact receive pings. 😊

3,562 posts

cafe • 9 October 2011 at 11:56 PM

Ahh. I didn't think about people abusing it.

Maybe if you have proof you have something big happen? Like I'd send him my operation form [LOLOLOL] so he knows I'm telling the truth about //something//

@Zac

Oh..Okay..Thanks anyways..