The Ultimate Trading Guide!

in Trading & Auctions

Male
436 posts

ping • 23 October 2011 at 6:12 PM

*Now I AM NOT telling anyone how to trade, I am just sharing my trading tips to have a good cove*

Tip #1: Be patient.
If there's a new creature that's been release, don't go offering your whole cove for it, especially if it's a cove LE creature, they're most likely going to be out for a while, so just be patient wait for the cove to be good to you! Over offering is something you'd want to avoid at all cost!

Tip #2: Look for BARGAINS!
I know it may sound cheap, but hey it's definitely going to get you somewhere. Try to get the better deal in a trade as it can give you what's more valuable. It's kind of like a real-life sale, in a bargain you SAVE more money.

Tip #3: Trade with FRIENDS.
Fortunately for me I started Egg Cave with a couple of friends, so they got me started with some nice creatures, friends usually give you stuff for free or ask for something less in value, so take that opportunity. But DON'T let this be the only reason you have friends! Also give back just don't take from them!

Tip #4: Stalk, Stalk, STALK.
A lot of people on Egg Cave are generous enough to give away their eggs or up them in the adoption center, and sometimes those creatures could even be valuable, so stalk the trade center and adoption center for good deals. I have found a lot of quitting users give up their rare creatures away because they're quitting.

That's all I have to say good luck trading!

Female
8,989 posts

lola622f • 23 October 2011 at 6:13 PM

Bump

249 posts

jane • 23 October 2011 at 6:13 PM

bump c:

Male
436 posts

ping • 23 October 2011 at 6:15 PM

Thanks guys ;D

I had to cut off a tip because it went over the 1500 character limit. -_-

Male
436 posts

ping • 23 October 2011 at 6:17 PM

I didn't copy it I just deleted it. FML x_x

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 23 October 2011 at 6:19 PM

@ping I could add on! 😃

Male
436 posts

ping • 23 October 2011 at 6:19 PM

Sure, I'm open to add-ons! The more the better!

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 23 October 2011 at 6:22 PM

Tip #5: Know your users!
Are they trust worthy? Are they trying to make you over-offer? Always keep a mental list of the people who just don't seem right, or are always asking for way too much for just cave eggs. These people can be troublesome an if you don't know your values, they can make you over-offer by a ton!

Female
4,377 posts

carnatate • 23 October 2011 at 6:24 PM

yah,I want 2 of them but they should only be worth 1-2 le 😸

Male
436 posts

ping • 23 October 2011 at 6:24 PM

Yes!

Tip #6: Avoid trading!
Try avoiding trading often, you could be trading away future rare creatures that aren't rare yet, so wait a bit until creature values start going up to trade!

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 23 October 2011 at 7:18 PM

Great thread Kevin! 😃