Make the Mo rarer...

in Site Feedback & Ideas

151 posts

gisel4356 • 30 October 2011 at 4:58 AM

Make creatures like the Mo a little more rare
so they will be worth at least 1cc....or 2?
I made a topic a when I was new to egg cave asking what was a Mo was worth? Most people replied some Le's or 1cc...Then I made a new topic like two days ago asking the same things people said 3-4 Le's or a freeze..
I understand the value has gone down because more people have gotten one...So maybe they should be made a little more difficult to find in the cave?

Deleted • 30 October 2011 at 5:03 AM

Well, I've been a member for 1,4 year and I never found one πŸ˜ƒ

Female
227 posts

anassa_anemou • 30 October 2011 at 12:28 PM

Me too @mauzza

My first time around I never got, now in the second, either.

So yeah, some people are lucky and get 4 mo's at cave, I unlucky, got none.

^^

Deleted • 30 October 2011 at 12:30 PM

I got one, back when they were really rare. November 2010πŸ˜‹
Wouldn't trade him for anything! ;D

I had more luck when they were rare, than now when they aren't.

Female
2,171 posts

rosey77 • 30 October 2011 at 12:31 PM

I say they replace the mo! 😱

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 30 October 2011 at 12:32 PM

@rosey77 YES! Your status? Did you know her?

Female
2,171 posts

rosey77 • 30 October 2011 at 12:32 PM

@balletninja Just learned from Ping that she... came to heart surgery and.. never came back.. I kind of knew her, not too much..

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 30 October 2011 at 12:34 PM

@rosey77 I was really close with her. So yeah, it made me really sad, she might have moved (to the country, she told me she might) or forgotten about eggcave.

Female
2,171 posts

rosey77 • 30 October 2011 at 12:34 PM

@balletninja ☹️ That's sad. Let's hope she moved/forgot.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 30 October 2011 at 12:35 PM

@rosey77 I have her email if we are really curious.
I tried taking care of her pets but when I went on vacation without internet they mostly died. I was the first to mention it to ninja today. Because I missed her, but now she is gone.

Female
2,171 posts

rosey77 • 30 October 2011 at 12:36 PM

@balletninja You may want to email her just to see if she's okay. Hmm.

Male
1,505 posts

hai • 30 October 2011 at 12:36 PM

But isn't the point of Eggcave just to collect the creatures you want? It's not really about rarity. πŸ˜‹

Plus, why make it harder for newbies who want one.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 30 October 2011 at 12:38 PM

@hai Yeah, but the whole point of the mo in the first place was to be rare and a good pet to trade. I opt for a new mo-like egg πŸ˜ƒ

Deleted • 30 October 2011 at 12:39 PM

I agree!πŸ˜‹ I once had to trade 750cc for a mo for a friend! X3 That was like the exact worth at the time...but the person's Christmas was made happier😊

Deleted • 30 October 2011 at 12:41 PM

I'm down for a new Mo. I have one, so I'm good. xD I only need one πŸ˜‹

Male
1,505 posts

hai • 30 October 2011 at 12:42 PM

I don't think Ian just thought, Hm why not make a rare trading egg? The TC wasn't even out when the Mo's were released.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 30 October 2011 at 12:46 PM

It is a good circulation egg though. That is why I think he made it, same with the whole star idea. Until you know the cashshop.

Female
469 posts

peachy4657 • 30 October 2011 at 1:52 PM

@gisel4356 Sorry, but I don't like the idea. ☹️ This would be unfair to newer players or players who haven't gotten a Mo yet.

Female
762 posts

thursdays_dove • 30 October 2011 at 2:00 PM

I feel like it's rare enough - I've been a member nearly two years and I've only found one.

But I've also known users to find two or three, so yeah haha

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 30 October 2011 at 2:03 PM

I've been a member for slightly over 2 years. Haven't seen a single Mo in the cave yet. >3<

But yeah. Ian did say someplace that he raised the Mo's rarity after we switched over to V2...
So yeah...

Androgynous
985 posts

vampire666 • 30 October 2011 at 2:07 PM

I think they're rare enough already, to be honest. I've been here for 2 years and 1 month now and I've never gotten one, nor seen one at the cave. (Though my sister did, which upsets me. :/ )

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 30 October 2011 at 2:14 PM

I think the rarity of the Mo should stay as it is.
Granted, in the (almost) 2 years I've been here, I have been lucky enough to find 3 in the Cave myself...
Nov. 17th 2009
Aug. 17th 2011
Oct. 24th 2011

But people like Mos, and they are (as much as I don't like to say it) good for trading purposes. Heck, some people have never found one, so why make it harder for them?

Male
17 posts

sportlaan • 31 October 2011 at 6:29 AM

mo is just a bird

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 31 October 2011 at 6:51 AM

Tenalp & Pareteorsite & Storticai = new mo

Stop complaining people, it's still rare, I've never gotten one in my 2 years on here. :/ Just because it can't get you a CC creature anymore doesn't mean the rareness should be increased. I agree with @hai, the point is to be able to collect the pets you want.

And the Mo was introduced waaaaay back in the day as the only rare pet you could get, to give you something to keep coming to the cave for, not because it has a 'high value for newbies to trade with'. I remember a time when Mo's were TRULY special and you had to trade like an army of 2009 x-mas pets and Tine's to get one.

Sorry, but this suggestion is a definite no. If you want to trade for some CC's, get some LE's or stalk the asteroid instead. Mo's are rare enough.

2,591 posts

celeste • 31 October 2011 at 7:29 AM

@dionaea
I think many people just have issues with rarities just because their creatures aren't 'special' any more. They're now doing the same to the Asteroids, and it makes EC seem like a trading game. Hello! There is a REASON why its called Egg CAVE! Not Egg TRADING! You should get the creatures you want! I want a Tine because I like them ❀️ I want a Foo because I like them ❀️ I have an Onny because I like them ❀️ Heck, I even have a set of HWs.... because I like them. Not for crazy trading purposes. But I DID get a frozen Nym for three O_o Maybe it's just because more and more Mos are popping up? I used to be for this idea, but now, not really. Because people collect creatures because they like them! And besides, Mos can still get you some REALLY nice LEs from collectors! ;3

Female
2,300 posts

metaphor • 31 October 2011 at 8:54 AM

Well, as I've said many times before...

The idea of working toward rarer creatures THAT YOU LIKE makes the game fun. But I think that's the key phrase there, CREATURES YOU LIKE.
Naturally, we all tend to fall in love with at least one creature that's very difficult to achieve, and it's a lot of fun to work toward it. It just kind of pains me when I see people thinking they have to have rares they don't even like to be taken seriously here.πŸ˜‹
If you like onnies, tines, foos, florns, and nyms...then you should work for that! But if you really do like pretty commons like floicols, macaws, tasmas, niphas, etc., you should keep those and not feel like you should have to please everyone else. That's what these kinds of sites are about after all!

This has very little to do with Mo rarity.πŸ˜‹
I just thought I'd add my two cents on the whole rarity thing.

Male
431 posts

schwartz • 31 October 2011 at 12:30 PM

I dont thin thay need to change te rarity its justthat here are soooo many players now. I have found 2