Eggcave's Writers :)

in Entertainment

Deleted • 4 November 2011 at 8:08 PM

Heyhey! This is @fluffy here and bringing you yet ANOTHER topic 😊 Although I don't normally post here I wasn't sure which category that this would fit in.

>>Currently Going On:<<
If you haven't heard of NaNoWriMo it's a mouthful:
>>National Novel Writing Month<<
which is why it's abbreviated. NaNoWriMo is actually currently going on (November) but it's not too late to actually start your novel!

Visit the website: nanowrimo.com for details 😊
Come here for ideas suggestions and support if you're participating!
~*~*~*~*~*~
This topic is mainly for if you're a writer that is on eggcave, whatever it is, if you're dabbling in the trade or if you're already pronounced as a wonderful writer by yourself, teachers, or peers 😊
You come here to share, create, and find inspiration with a bunch of other people.
Roleplayers are most definitely welcome, even talk about seeing if your roleplay could be turned into a story that can be published?!

Wouldn't that be awesome πŸ˜‹

EDIT: Not sure if this'll get popular or not, but it's always here!
>>Pinging:
@moomoomilk24
@pegasasu
@smilies
@whispers
@lola622f
@skylark
@glados
@lily-
@marinalily

Just post that you're joining 😊

Female
8,989 posts

lola622f • 4 November 2011 at 8:11 PM

Cool!

I'm joining!!

EDIT: I'm not old enough!!!! DX DX DX TT_TT

Deleted • 4 November 2011 at 8:12 PM

So, once I get this up and running (this is @fluffy ) I'm planning to host contests, giving prompts and such and such 😊

So if you want to join just post that you're joining, and I'll put a list of the members below 😊

>>MEMBERS<<
(just me currently) <--- @fluffy

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 4 November 2011 at 8:13 PM

I would if I got a warning and time.πŸ˜‹ When I write I take FOREVER cause it needs to be perfect πŸ˜‰

Deleted • 4 November 2011 at 8:14 PM

Sure 😊 Anyone can join, it's all up to you, and I'll figure out the best way to hold contests and contacting you all 😊 Since my cove is a little wacko at the time, there wouldn't be many prizes that are too good.

Sorry, can't give out CC and stuff like that. The best probably is some LE creatures though πŸ˜‹

So members so far:
@qwaszx (possibly)
@lola622f
@zafeyry

AWESOME FUL 😊

EDIT: not old enough for NaNoWriMo? @lola622f ?

Female
8,989 posts

lola622f • 4 November 2011 at 8:15 PM

@fluffy I can't join the website though. I'm too young. TT_TT

Deleted • 4 November 2011 at 8:17 PM

@lola622f πŸ˜‹ Sorry! That's ok though, if you still want to make a novel, I think the number of words that you need is 60,000 so you can participate in NaNoWriMo unoffially πŸ˜‹ If you want, you can even get an account on figment.com

I'm planning to make a group for eggcavers once we have a bunch of people in this topic 😊

Female
8,989 posts

lola622f • 4 November 2011 at 8:39 PM

@fluffy okay then! πŸ˜ƒ

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 4 November 2011 at 8:42 PM

@fluffy
I have an account on Y!CN and a novel sounds fun. To write 60,000 words I need to write 2,300 words a day. Let's go!

Deleted • 4 November 2011 at 9:13 PM

@zafeyry the Yahoo thing?

So you're joining with us @ Eggcave Writers? I know the topic name is kind of normal and not at all interesting but that's the best that I could come up with at the time, I had a bunch of junk cluttering my head (new ideas for NaNoWriMo) I just don't think it would reach 60,000 words yet. It's not much of a "story" but I guess I could make it into one πŸ˜‹

So anyways, if you need any help @zafeyry with your inspiration or ideas you want to use just contact @fluffy (me) or any of us that are willing to help!

We'd be happy (at least I would don't know about the rest, since there are only like three members so far πŸ˜‹ ) to share some of our ideas with you to help you along! You can check out my profile &#40;I'm cherries&#41; if you can find me 😊 I'm not sure if that'll be my story for NaNoWriMo or not πŸ˜‹

Well, if you need any help, I'm here for ya! THis is my first year as well, so I'm probably not going to be able to answer any questions about the website and how to navigate it.

@lola622f 😊 We'll discuss more plans as we get more people 😊 Thanks so much for joining ❀️

Female
8,989 posts

lola622f • 4 November 2011 at 9:16 PM

@fluffy okay Thanks!. *feels sad that the two websites needs people to be 13+ to join*

Deleted • 4 November 2011 at 9:40 PM

awww... @lola622f it k πŸ˜‹ You can always lie about your age. If you're not too far off. I'm not thirteen either, but I'm really close to it πŸ˜‹ getting closer everyday πŸ˜‹

Female
8,989 posts

lola622f • 4 November 2011 at 9:45 PM

@fluffy I'm 11. D:

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 10:26 AM

@lola622f πŸ˜‹ I'm 12 so there's not too much of a difference πŸ˜‹ LOL you can always just join and then pretend that you're 13. I don't think it really matters. As long as you don't participate in any of their contests πŸ˜‹

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 5 November 2011 at 10:37 AM

@Fluffy - Haha, I just joined last night, working on a story at this very moment. Currently down to 523 words. I have a long way to go.

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 10:58 AM

It's on *cracks knuckles* IM IN!😈

@Lola you had to say you were 13 to get an account on here, so does it matter? And if you win, will they really care if you aren't 13? just saying, I mean let's all face it. Not everybody can cook, or paint/ draw or write. BUT everybody can IMAGINE, and how could anybody turn that away? If you win it means you were THE BEST, which they cannot deny😸 It means you won with YOUR talent😊

I'll create a topic once I start to write my story if anybody wants to follow it😊

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 5 November 2011 at 1:00 PM

@fluffy
Yep, the Yahoo thing. I get $2 per 1,000 views so I guess that's something.

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 2:16 PM

@zafeyry

@sky
@icicle_9150 πŸ˜‹ Welome welcome! If you need any help with your NaNoWriMo I'm always here πŸ˜‹

Oh, and if you want, join figment.com it's a great place where you can share your works and writings.

You can also, when you get the chance, to join the group I have a link to it below
>> http://figment.com/groups/2100 <<
copy and paste it and I think it should work. If it doesn't please tell me!

This is for eggcavers only, because of course,the logo says "Eggcave" so anyways, if you want to join, I have discussions on there where you can discuss things 😊

Female
2,639 posts

sarahsaurus • 5 November 2011 at 2:20 PM

Bump

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 5 November 2011 at 4:51 PM

Also I recommend these sites:
http://www.writerscafe.org/
http://www.inkpop.com

😊

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 8:12 PM

@sky thanks for the suggestions 😊 checking them out now!

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 5 November 2011 at 8:13 PM

@Fluffy - No problem!
Oh, and wattpad is pretty good, too!

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 5 November 2011 at 8:18 PM

I haven't started yet...I was going to do it, but I don't know...I just can't get motivated. lol

Female
1,525 posts

himitsutenshin • 5 November 2011 at 8:21 PM

@fluffy

I have a few questions;

1. Is it free?

2.Do you have to write in English?

3. So, the only thing you do there is writing a novel. You just have to write a certain amount of words and at the end of the mond you have a novel?? *confused*

Female
1,269 posts

angel_star • 5 November 2011 at 8:23 PM

O_o This looks cool πŸ˜ƒ

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 11 November 2011 at 2:56 PM

@fluffy
Is there any reward? I just remembered I signed up for this XD

Female
1,525 posts

himitsutenshin • 11 November 2011 at 2:58 PM

Nobody answers my questions xD

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 11 November 2011 at 3:53 PM

@himitsutenshin
It's free. The rest I don't know.

Female
1,525 posts

himitsutenshin • 11 November 2011 at 3:54 PM

@zafeyry

Thanks! πŸ˜ƒ

Deleted • 12 November 2011 at 1:09 PM

Hey @himitsutenshin sorry for the late reply! for NaNoWriMo
1) It definitely is free
2) I don't think you HAVE to write in English but since this is National Novel Writing Month in America, I'm not sure if it's worldwide
3) There appear to be no official prizes, you are considered a winner if you hit more than 50,000 words and you can get a chance to get your novel published and sold on amazon.com

NaNoWriMo is free, but there are donations that would be appreciated, I remember I think that if you donated 200 dollars or more, or something like that you can be able to get some night in some place.

I know that people from other countries have registered, so NO I don't not believe you HAVE to write in English 😊

Hope this helped!