Eggcave fan-art

in Entertainment

Deleted • 4 November 2011 at 10:27 PM

Just a piece of fan-art for one of my favorite creatures on eggcave 😊

Link: http://fav.me/d4ml9bq

738 posts

dragonnn • 4 November 2011 at 11:06 PM

Oh, that's beautiful! Such a quiet power- you chose a very fitting background. I really do like it.

Deleted • 4 November 2011 at 11:14 PM

@dragonnn
I am glad ^^

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 4 November 2011 at 11:24 PM

Pretty! 😱

Nice background!

Deleted • 4 November 2011 at 11:37 PM

@crescentfeather
Thank you ^^

2,591 posts

celeste • 5 November 2011 at 4:13 AM

@siri
I actually thought it was a shot from a Pokemon game when I first saw it XD It's really pretty, though. What program do you use? 😊

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 4:16 AM

@celeste

Well, I do have one piece for Mewtwo if you look through that gallery =p And a shot from a game?!! What an awesome compliment! XD (no sarcasm)

And I use a few different programs. But for that one, I used Serif Photoplus SE.

2,591 posts

celeste • 5 November 2011 at 4:21 AM

@siri
I hope it is! ❤️ It somehow reminded me of Pokemon, you know, in one of those Wii games, in a scene where Jigglypuff suddenly appeared in a ball of light? Yeah, it was JUST that professional! ❤️ All I can draw is manga 😋
http://pendmxc.deviantart.com/#/d46gjf4
And wonky spriting 😋
http://pendmxc.deviantart.com/#/d4eomnw

Serif Photoplus SE? I've never heard of it; I'll investigate it after I finish my next funny manga piece 😋

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 4:28 AM

@celeste
I have never owned a Wii :< So, no I wouldn't know about the Jigglypuff incident. And hey, everyone has their specialty. You have a good hand for art 😊

It's not well known. And it's a free program.

2,591 posts

celeste • 5 November 2011 at 4:30 AM

@siri
I don't have that game either. I had just seen some shots on Youtube. 😋 Really? Thanks! ^^

Not well-known? What kind of features does it have?

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 4:36 AM

@celeste
lol I seldom watch videos on video games on youtube =p And you're welcome ^^

Features? Well it has some decent effect abilities, good set of brush options, and useful tools(shapes, select, etc.). And it's not too hard to figure out if you are familiar with digital paint programs. Only thing it does not have, that bothers me, is that it doesn't have a curve line tool.

2,591 posts

celeste • 5 November 2011 at 4:37 AM

@siri
I'm very familiar with Microsoft Paint (I've been using it ever since I was.... 7? 😋) Would that help? It's a fairly simple program, but I sprite decently with it. The program you describe seems much more complex than simple paint, though 😋

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 4:41 AM

@celeste
Yes, it is more complex than MS paint; a definite big leap up from that. But learning how to use it would give you something to do. 😊 Since it's free, you can't go wrong with it lol.

2,591 posts

celeste • 5 November 2011 at 4:48 AM

@siri
It just sounds like a big leap up! 😋 Is there a smudging tool? I'd like to know, since the primary thing I'm likely to draw would be Manga, and I need to shade it 😋

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 4:52 AM

@celeste
There is, but it sucks on photoplus. Gimp, another free program, has an epic smudging tool, but it's even more full of twists and turns than photoplus. But there are many ways to shade something without the smudge tool.

1,317 posts

space • 5 November 2011 at 4:52 AM

@siri
Woah!! Fascinating piece of art! 😃
*applause*

2,591 posts

celeste • 5 November 2011 at 4:54 AM

@siri
Oh, I forgot to mention I have experience with GIMP - I used to do recolours. 😋 It was really nice while it lasted, but... I'm past re-doing other's great ideas 😋

What other ways do you recommend? ^^

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 4:58 AM

@catherineprettty
Thank you ^^

@celeste
Really? I wonder to what extent you used gimp.

Well, in photoplus or gimp, u can either use a brush that has a soft edge or add a new layer and reduce it's opacity and paint over your painting to shade it. I think that's it. At least those are the ways I use.

2,591 posts

celeste • 5 November 2011 at 5:02 AM

@siri
I just used GIMP to try to animate, and recolour animated DragonAdopter's sprites. It's, however, one of the things which lead to me to start spriting. ❤️

Soft edge? I haven't heard of that phrase before. Does it mean a brush which peters out?

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 5:08 AM

@celeste
Awesome. I use gimp for its lens flares, smudging, and gif making.

lol And I have never heard that phrase before. If that means its edges fade out, then yes. Oh yeah, another way of shading is blurring. When I am lazy, I paint the lines where I want the shade to fall on on a new layer and then blur it.

2,591 posts

celeste • 5 November 2011 at 5:10 AM

@siri
Yup, it means that! ^^

Blur? How do you do that? 83 I'm still 11 (and sometimes I can't get half of what you say 😋)

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 5:16 AM

@celeste
Oh, so sorry lol. Blurring is an effect. You would have to locate it on your own in either gimp or photoplus. I am not good at telling such things.

2,591 posts

celeste • 5 November 2011 at 5:17 AM

@Siri
It's fine; I think I can work it out, soon enough.

To do list:
-Work out stuff
-Learn to use MMd professionally
-Draw @catherineprettty

1,317 posts

space • 5 November 2011 at 5:18 AM

@celeste *gets excited* 😸

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 5:18 AM

@celeste
Best of luck to you ^^

2,591 posts

celeste • 5 November 2011 at 5:21 AM