Help with school project?

in Entertainment

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 7 November 2011 at 9:38 PM

Hello Eggcavers, how's it going? I've got a little favor to ask of you. Simple as it is, I'm doing a project on the book 'The Adventures of Tom Sawyer', and what we're supposed to do is to focus on our childhood with some of the themes from the book (Listing in second post), the project includes, information, narrative writing, and audio/visual, but I'm only asking for help on the audio/visual, I decided I'd make an anime-related video using manga scenes and a song that tells the story based off the theme that fits to the subject and to my childhood, the problem is, I have no idea on what songs I can use for the project, so all's I'm asking for is suggestions, even though most of you have no clue about my life, just post songs that fit your life and that fits to one of the themes, you never know, I might even have a relation to that song as well!

The video I'll be making WILL be posted on Youtube for me to present to the class.

Those of you who have a Youtube account and would like credit for suggesting the song, please include your Youtube username that way you may be credited.

SONGS CONSIDERED:
Good Life by Three Days Grace (Selfishness)
Iridescent by Linkin Park (Childhood)
Love Save the Empty by Erin McCarley (Childhood)
Pretend by LIGHTS (Robin Hood)
September by Daughtry (Childhood) - @Avelaingia

Gender Fluid
297 posts

fate • 7 November 2011 at 9:39 PM

- Grandparents/parents/other caregivers
- Family
- The value of things other than money
- Getting undeserved praise
- Distraction
- Childhood relationships/friendships
- Superstitions
- Love (I proffer to not choose this one since I'm not wanting to tell any stories to the class about my love life)
- Robin Hood*
- Rumors
- Guilt
- Soulmates
- Ideal life
- Suffering
- Selfishness
- Homesickness
- Surprises
- Freedom (of being single)
- Fortune and Glory
- Forgiveness
- Truths
- Self-sacrifice
- Revenge
- Disappointment
- Fear
- Luck
- Dreams and nightmares
- Religion
- Education

*In the book Tom Sawyer likes to 'roleplay' with his friends in order to vent/rant, such as playing Robin Hood.

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 7 November 2011 at 9:44 PM

BUMP

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 7 November 2011 at 9:48 PM

@Avelaingia - Ooh! Good choice! Thanks for the suggestion, adding to the list! 😊

Female
610 posts

unebra • 7 November 2011 at 9:49 PM

lady gaga u and i
lady gaga on the edge of glory

gaga is my idol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 7 November 2011 at 9:55 PM

@Unebra - Love Lady Gaga and her songs, but I don't think they'd fit in for me, thanks for the suggestion though! 😊

Female
610 posts

unebra • 7 November 2011 at 9:56 PM

@sky yup

12 posts

thebatman • 8 November 2011 at 9:56 AM

The lazy song. That's me everyday! XD

Female
751 posts

crazy4life • 8 November 2011 at 11:56 PM

@sky
I don't know how you feel about country, but "Wild One" by Faith Hill is one of my favorites