Notifications

in Help & Questions

1,247 posts

Zac • 22 November 2010 at 7:32 PM

I really like the new notifications system where we can view past messages. (Although, I can usually be the pop up to the punch 😋) I'm sure it will come in handy.

I'm guessing that these notifications will be mail messages, trade updates, subscriptions, and such, correct?

I think it would also be handy to have notifications whenever one of our eggs evolve or a user posts on our profile.

What do you think?

Female
692 posts

pendulum • 22 November 2010 at 7:38 PM

I think your idea of egg hatching and evolution notifications and user posts is a great idea.

Remember to put it in the Suggestions & Ideas when we are allowed. 😊

Female
242 posts

libra • 22 November 2010 at 7:40 PM

Zac, that is pure genius.

1,247 posts

Zac • 22 November 2010 at 7:45 PM

Actually, I just got a notification from a user writing on my wall lol. Not sure why it didn't happen with other comments before though. o_O

Female
391 posts

joy • 22 November 2010 at 7:58 PM

Yeah, I got a notification from a profile post just now too.

I love your idea about a notification when your egg evolves. How about a notification when your creature is out of Tim's care? Far too many times I've almost forgotten and had them die on me. New Blog post would also be a handy notification as well. 😊

Female
242 posts

libra • 22 November 2010 at 8:02 PM

Aw, I didn't get a notification when people posted on my wall. ☚ī¸

1,247 posts

Zac • 22 November 2010 at 8:06 PM

Nice idea Joy! That'd be really useful!

@maximum_ride_forever I wrote on your wall. Hopefully you got one.

Deleted • 22 November 2010 at 8:26 PM

So do I. It will be really handy! ^^

Female
245 posts

neo428984 • 22 November 2010 at 8:41 PM

I had to click my Notifications link to see that two people had written on my wall. There was no indication for me that they were there before I clicked.

1,247 posts

Zac • 22 November 2010 at 8:50 PM

There's this little black box that pops up for a few seconds. (Sort of like facebook's) Except, usually its kind of late and I've beaten it to the punch several times 😋

Female
223 posts

eggtrainer • 22 November 2010 at 9:44 PM

It'll also be great if it alerts you when someone replies to what you said on a forum 😊

1,247 posts

Zac • 22 November 2010 at 10:01 PM

I think that is kind of what the subscriptions are for? But those haven't been working that well...

I checked on the old site only to find that one of my trade offers had been rejected. Shouldn't there be some sort
of notification for that?

Female
223 posts

eggtrainer • 22 November 2010 at 11:07 PM

Oh I haven't noticed that, haha 😋

Female
494 posts

plookle • 22 November 2010 at 11:19 PM

That's so cool. Somebody post on my wall so I can see! I'm not popular enough.. 😉

Female
391 posts

joy • 23 November 2010 at 9:58 AM

I agree, accepted/rejected trades should show up in the notification too. 😊

I just noticed something. If someone is posting from the old version of EggCave then we don't get a notification, but if they are posting from v2, then we do. So that would explain why sometimes we get them and sometimes not.

Another question came to my mind. Will the notifications be cleared every month? I just noticed now that it keeps a history.

Notifications

November 23
User ------- has written on your wall. 10:09 am
User ------- has written on your wall. 10:05 am

November 22
User ------- has written on your wall. 9:41 pm
User ------- has written on your wall. 9:39 pm
User ------- has sent you a friend request. 9:31 pm
User ------- has written on your wall. 8:08 pm
User ------- has written on your wall. 7:56 pm
User ------- has written on your wall. 7:44 pm
User ------- has written on your wall. 7:33 pm

(replaced names with -------)

Deleted • 23 November 2010 at 11:30 AM

@Zac i think thats a great idea!

Female
18 posts

rainbow_rain • 23 November 2010 at 12:29 PM

Cool idea! ❤ī¸

Female
391 posts

joy • 23 November 2010 at 4:07 PM

I also noticed the we do not get any notifications when we receive mail. I just went to my inbox to find that someone had sent me a message yesterday and I had nothing written in my notification history about it.

So far it only seems to be when someone writes on your wall (in v2 beta) and/or sends a friend request that you receive a notification.

Female
245 posts

neo428984 • 24 November 2010 at 10:32 AM

I had received a friend request that I saw on V1, then logged in to Beta to see if I could see it here, and I couldn't. It wasn't even in my notifications...so maybe it's just friend requests sent through V2, as well.

*Edit* Nle brought up a good point that you can't friend request from V2...so I wonder why you could see your friend requests in your notifications but I couldn't.

1,247 posts

Zac • 24 November 2010 at 8:54 PM

You can friend request from V2, its just a little harder to do. Check out the friends option in the My Stuff menu.

@joy I had the same thing happen to me today. A mail notification definitely should be implemented! 😊

Female
1,573 posts

isis • 25 November 2010 at 8:58 AM

My notifications didn't work 2 days ago, but now they do! Maybe Ian fixed something 😉

Female
494 posts

plookle • 28 November 2010 at 9:40 PM

I love the idea of using them for creature evolutions and such. I hope they get quicker too, they're pretty slow right now and I rarely see them. That's another thing, I kind of think they should stay up until you click them off, like the ones from the current version.