BUG? Abandoned Mineshaft

in Problems & Bugs

278 posts

birdboysplace • 18 July 2016 at 1:20 AM

@ian
@Orderedchaos
@mastergemma

I am able to mine,, but once I have used up all my mining chances - and then click the button "collect and return to mineshaft" the button is not working. Clicked many times and it only stays on the page. I am not able to collect the items that I have mined, I end up having to refresh the page and start again and get the same results each time.

Its the same on all my computers. Internet Exployer, Fire Fox, Google Chrome.

This started a little while ago -around 12:45 a.m.

http://eggcave.com/plot/mining_wall

Bird

Female
111 posts

animalinn • 19 July 2016 at 10:21 AM

I've had a similar issue for a while (week, maybe longer) and since I could still Mine correctly I didn't report it.

For me, the "collect and return to mineshaft" button didn't work for me either after my first 95-100 or so mining attempts. However, I clicked the button anyway and it still collects the gems/ores, just doesn't take me back to the mineshaft. After that I refresh the page, and start a new attempt.

I also get different stuff with each attempt (after I refresh).

On a different note, the links for the 'Abandoned Mineshaft" and "Materials Depository" no longer work, but that may be intentional??

1,247 posts

Zac • 19 July 2016 at 10:35 AM

@birdboysplace @animalinn

Is this still an issue you're experiencing?

For clarity, you are unable to exit the mining puzzle after using all your chances?

Thanks

Female
111 posts

animalinn • 19 July 2016 at 10:40 AM

Basically, I click on the "Abandoned Mineshaft" link in the Hub. It takes me to the page with the Mineshaft Entrance. I do not mean the main enterance to the Mines. This is the page with the "Begin Mining" "Return to Mineshaft" and "Return to Asteroid Plot Hub" buttons. It has a picture of a mining wall with gems in it.

I click on "Begin Mining", and it takes me to the Mining Wall. I am able to mine correctly. At the end, it shows me what I have found/taken, but the "Collect and Return to Mineshaft" button doesn't work properly. It collects my gems/ores correctly, but I don't leave that page. I can go back to the Mines through the first page described in the 1st paraggraph, but it doesn't register that I have mined that mine; I click on the same path everytime.

I can go to the regular Mining page (with the four paths) from the first page (the one with the mining wall with gems in it with the 3 buttons). That "Return to Mineshaft" button DOES work.

278 posts

birdboysplace • 19 July 2016 at 2:46 PM

@Zac

Yep, this is still happening.

That is correct. You go into the mineshaft and each time you go to mine, you are not able to leave via the "return to mineshaft button."

I am thinking that maybe this might be a Chrome problem?

Bird

1,247 posts

Zac • 19 July 2016 at 2:56 PM

@animalinn @birdboysplace

Thanks for the info! I'm going to attempt to isolate the bug and hopefully get it fixed. I made a couple changes to the system, do you notice any difference?

Female
111 posts

animalinn • 19 July 2016 at 3:27 PM

Mine seems to be fixed now. Thanks @Zac !!

278 posts

birdboysplace • 19 July 2016 at 4:32 PM

@Zac

Seems to be fine now .... 😊

Bird

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 21 July 2016 at 9:12 PM

@Zac
I now have the problem. For me, it started within the last 10 minutes.