Sore right foot

in Chit-Chat

I have you had sprained ankle?

Female
145 posts

poppiloveslabs • 1 December 2016 at 2:51 AM

I did my tendon in my right foot 3 years it just started to get better and what i do Halloween this year i did some trick and treat and i ghost of my last dog that we had put down last year try to say hi to me and it trip me up and i sprained ankle on my right foot.

it been 4 weeks and 3 day so far and it still sore.

They say ligaments take at lest 6 weeks to heal.

but i can put weight on it.

But i been so broad doing none.

I do not feel safe going outside i am wonder what going to hurt next.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 2 December 2016 at 10:43 PM

awww.... @poppiloveslabs
Maybe try to stop thinking about it. Sometimes the more you think about things, the more it happens. Try to let it go, believe it's not there, and things will get better. Try to keep in your mind that your right foot is completely fine.

Also, get well soon!

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 2 December 2016 at 10:46 PM

@poppiloveslabs

A sprained ankle? Not too bad. They heal quickly and soon you'll be up and about.

- Try a little ice daily, and maybe wrap your foot up so it doesn't get injured any more. If this persists, you might have to get crutches (that kill your armpits).
-Be aware of your surroundings and maybe consult a doctor 😊 i've had trouble with this (being a gymnast)
-Go a little easy on school and sports (if you can still do any).
-Get a lot of rest and don't bother, keep poking, or walking around if it's sore. Reading a book, playing computer games, watching TV, playing some simple games may take your attention off and help.

-If your foot swells badly, feels persistently numb, hurts a LOT LOT to move, try a doctor.

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 2 December 2016 at 10:56 PM

@poppiloveslabs

Hey there, student PTA coming in! My recomendation would be to ice at least 10-15 minutes and 2-3 times per day. Keep it elevated when doing so. Compression is great as well so getting a brace or ACE wrap around it would help immensely.

If you are worried about it, talk to your doctor or coach. They should be there to support you and keep you healthy. If it isn't swollen anymore, heat would be best as it will increase the blood flow to the area and get it to heal faster. But if it is still sore and swollen then ice is your friend.

Everything will be fine!

Female
145 posts

poppiloveslabs • 2 December 2016 at 11:34 PM

Thank you.

It getting better.

I do have real live lab to take care of too.

It not swollen anymore.

I do have Compression sock.

It getting in to summer were i live.

i did try deep heat.

I am take pain killer when i need too.

My doctor is away on holiday right now.

How can i lose some weight when i have sore right foot?

Female
313 posts

playdate • 6 December 2016 at 10:48 AM

@poppiloveslabs
I don't know how old this is but I hope everything is okay.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 6 December 2016 at 11:22 AM

@poppiloveslabs

I once re-sprained my sprained ankle and it took 4 months before it stopped hurting. Patience is a virtue~ 😋

As for exercise and losing wieght with a sore foot... Well, take it easy, but move around as much as you can without it being too painful. And swimming is good. It can be less painful than walking. 😊

Hope you get better! ❤️ 😊

Female
145 posts

poppiloveslabs • 22 December 2016 at 6:38 PM

Thank you.

34 posts

bramblepond • 25 January 2017 at 4:44 PM

@poppiloveslabs
I hope you feel better! I got a sprained wrist from rollerblading and it hurt but luckily got better quickly. Also literally like an hour ago I got surgery on my mouth so that's sore. Anyway, got a bit off topic but, I hope it heals quicker!