How do I make a side account?

in Help & Questions

242 posts

peachycupcake525 • 27 December 2016 at 11:32 PM

I've been here since April 2015, and I still don't know how to make a side account. Also, can someone explain what side accounts are usually used for, what I can and can't do on them, and how many I can make? Thank you.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 28 December 2016 at 12:05 AM

@peachycupcake525
You would make a side account like you would make a regular account, and they're typically used for storage. 😊 Currently, we're allowed to have only 3 sides.

The Site Guidelines have more information regarding multiple accounts.

Female
1,571 posts

rileytibbles • 28 December 2016 at 12:06 AM

@peachycupcake525

Hey! To make a side account, just register for the site as if you were a new user, just using a different email address. I know for gmail at least, if you insert a period into a random place in your email, sites recognize it as an independent email, but messages will still be sent to your normal mailbox, if that makes sense.

For example, if your email was peachycupcake525@gmail.com, change it to peachy.cupcake525@gmail.com if you don't have another email to use to register!

Side accounts are typically just used for storage, so it's totally up to you if you want one, and what to put in it. I make this main account where I store dreamies and my side is for trading and storage.

You CANNOT visit the Cave, Asteroid, Advent Tree, Site Trivia, or any daily from your side account. Only do these on your main.

You can do just about everything else on your side account that you choose (forums, trades, auctions, etc)

Hope this helps! 😃

242 posts

peachycupcake525 • 28 December 2016 at 12:17 AM

@rileytibbles @fakeworld

In the site guidelines, it says that you should not use side accounts as temporary, pass-thru accounts for trading. What exactly does that mean? Also, it says that side accounts should be used for just that: side storage. You said that I can do the forums on my side account, but it says that it should be used for side storage, so is that allowed? Sorry, I'm still kind of confused.

Female
1,571 posts

rileytibbles • 28 December 2016 at 12:20 AM

@peachycupcake525

As far as I know, it's not against the rules to post in the forums from your side, most people do majority of postings from their main accounts as it is.

I have to say I don't really know about the "temporary, pass-thru accounts" part. I would guess it means don't create the account for one trade and then abandon it.

242 posts

peachycupcake525 • 28 December 2016 at 3:22 PM

@rileytibbles
What should I do about the daily money for logging on, the creature you get when you join, and the money you get for joining? I can't really avoid getting that stuff, can I?

Female
5,406 posts

Orderedchaos • 28 December 2016 at 3:35 PM

@peachycupcake525
-It is perfectly fine to post on the forums from a side account
-You can collect the daily log-in EC on your side
-You can also keep the one creature that all accounts start with (you can use this creature begin trading/transferring creatures with your main)
-You do not have to get rid of your starting EC
-No "pass-thru accounts" is basically saying do not use a side account as a way to try and cover your tracks when doing something shady or against the rules.

If you have other questions about side accounts feel free to ask.

242 posts

peachycupcake525 • 28 December 2016 at 3:45 PM

@Orderedchaos

Okay, thank you! I think I understand now.