Eggcavern referrals

in General

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 9 April 2011 at 2:03 AM

Have you recently gotten spam somewhere along the lines o this?:
check out www.erolunal.com/eggcavern, and be sure to put (whatever username) as your referrer! thanks!

To prevent more of this from happening, I encourage you to ignore their posts. Of course you can join! But dont encourage the spammers to spam even more by putting them as your referrer!

I have gotten 3 of these types of messages from random people in the space of 4 hours! Don't let this happen. If you feel that anyone is cluttering up your wall with this kind of spam, you have the right to report it!

Sorry about my rant there.. I was just sick of these kinds of spam!

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 9 April 2011 at 2:23 AM

It's for a contest..................we are not "spamming" because we want to fill up your wall. Plus, we don't even know who puts who as their referrer, so it doesn't matter. Either you can help people who want a shot a a Pareteorsite or you can ignore them because they, unknowingly, posted a comment on your wall that someone else would duplicate, and post again, for their benefit...

Male
216 posts

someone123 • 9 April 2011 at 2:57 AM

Good thing when I see another post I dont put my invite there too so if you see mine that means I posted 1st but I feel all guilty sry for spam but I never rly thought of it as spam and I only post on good friends who I already know and talk to so is mine still considered spam? Just asking

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 9 April 2011 at 12:51 PM

I agree with you stellalunagirl 😊 because people are posting the same message to probably everyone on eggcave :l

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 9 April 2011 at 1:09 PM

but not me! i put fed 5! in front of it so it actually benefits the community XD and this really annoying person, thepacocao stole my idea! D:< they copied and pasted everything I said on her wall and put her username instead D:<

Male
2,935 posts

miomar • 9 April 2011 at 1:14 PM

I agree too!

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 9 April 2011 at 1:21 PM

I don't agree.

First, people used to post this stuff on our walls all the time, and no one did ONE. SINGLE. THING. But now, all of a sudden, we're ticking people off because we're competing for a Pareteorsite?
There used to be people going here and there, posting on people's walls, including my wall, to vote for them in contests and such,and did anyone do anything? NO. Now there are all these posts about our quote, "spamming." It's a freaking contest for crying out loud, and this is the only way we can win, plus, we're not harming anyone with these posts whatsoever, just being ignored by people and being called spammers when we kindly ask them to join an Eggcave fansite and refer to us. That's all. And I state my case.

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 9 April 2011 at 1:26 PM

@thepells4: when did that happen? either i wasnt here or I wasnt hit by it

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 9 April 2011 at 1:27 PM

@Cubexline I don't know exactly when, a few months ago, there were all sorts of contests, and I'm not gonna say names, but people were repetedly posting on everyone's walls to vote for them and so on. But nothing happened, no one sent in tickets, nothing. But all of a sudden we're causing an uproar by asking people to join a webiste? I don't understand.

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 9 April 2011 at 1:28 PM

@thepells4: i dont remember that o.o oh well maybe thats a good thing i dont lol

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 9 April 2011 at 2:34 PM

@thepells4 has a pretty valid statement. This does seem more brutal than usual all of a sudden. I'm not entirely sure why everyone is up in arms about it. Sure, some are spamming, but most aren't trying to.

Even the myLights competition didn't draw so much anger. And people were spamming left and right for votes.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 9 April 2011 at 3:24 PM

@thepells4 thats exactly what I was thinking! 😱 i dont get it. people keep saying, thats not allowed, im going to report you! 😱 but Im not spamming! i actually feed their pets THEN ask them so it isnt repeatedly posting the same message! maybe the n00bs are that copy and paste what WE say on THEIR walls but not us! D:<

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 9 April 2011 at 3:29 PM

@Redfire77 Yeah! 😱 I don't know why peopleare so ticked! They say here and there, "I'm sick of you people posting, it's spamming, I'll report, does anyone agree?" but the n00bs are the real spammers. Do they think that just because we're older users that we can be reposrted instead of them? It makes no sense at all! It angers me that people blame us for this, considering we're not doing harm, and we're even being copied! I saw someone post the same message I was going around with, and they even posted it on MY PROFILE! If I didn't have an account, they wouldn't have that message to post! I mean, how much stupider and unfair can this situation get? They've just gotta leave us alone and stop threatening US, we're not doing harm, blame the copycat n00bs who don't know that it's wrong to cheat off us. D:<

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 9 April 2011 at 3:31 PM

@thepells4

thepacocao keeps posting EXACTLY what I've said on their profile on everybody else's! and they dont even FEED! my comment had a "fed list" in front and she posted it on someone's profile that didnt even have a list D:< how much stupider can this get?!

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 9 April 2011 at 3:37 PM

@Redfire77

I know right? And besides, it's not like we're insulting them or saying something like, "Oh, join Zac's site and say I told you too 'cuz all the cool people are on it and if you don't you're a loser" or anything like that, if people were saying THAT then there would be trouble. But we say things like, "Hello there, please make an account on Zac's new site and say I refered you, thanks!" and thne give the link, then the n00bs come and completely personalize the message and post it everywheere themselves, but no, apparently they still need to learn, so people feel like they should report us, who are innocent, and out us for blame because we're older users, like I said above. It's so stupid! D:< I mean I don't wanna get in trouble but anyone that reports the two of us has no right! Report thepacocao who copies and lies! Like with the Boeing situation, he asked people to feed his creatures and said he fed all of ours when he didn't, he was repepditive, annoyhing, stupid, and he got BANNED! That's a lot different. D:<

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 9 April 2011 at 3:41 PM

@thepells4 oh, i remember boeing... that was SO ANNYOYING! D:< i am so mad right now.... *poofs to anger room*

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 9 April 2011 at 3:43 PM

@Redfire77 Yeah. :/ Well, I guess I'llcome. *poofs and follows Redfire to the anger room*

Male
482 posts

gagamonster15 • 9 April 2011 at 4:32 PM

Look, it's not like SAME person is spamming your wall, so it really wouldn't be a reason to even report anyone. If you don't want to take the offer, fine, delete it, simple as that. -___-

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 9 April 2011 at 4:36 PM

I understand what they're doing but that doesn't mean I'm not slightly annoyed. I have already joined SO STOP ASKING!!! No offense.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 9 April 2011 at 9:30 PM

@qwaszx put a post on the bottom of your wall saying so. thats what i did 😸

Deleted • 10 April 2011 at 3:23 AM

@qwazx This is exactly how I feel.

I personally delete these messages because I don't want an account, I only do that stuff for friends and I have a defiant streak. xD

So yeah.

Deleted • 10 April 2011 at 2:23 PM

eh they canceled the contest anyway now😋

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 10 April 2011 at 8:46 PM

I just get annoyed when they call us people haters. I'm not a hater D: It just gets annoying when people spam. Some of us users put up with it without complaints, too you know...

Female
494 posts

plookle • 11 April 2011 at 11:49 PM

I think this whole fiasco is silly... I was a member of eggcavern for several weeks prior to the contest, I chose not to participate, because I don't need another pareteorsite. Nearly everyone is eggcavern's small community knows me, or of me, and yet I still received several 'invites'.

In response to this I took advantage of that handy 'delete' button, problem solved. Everyone needs to cool down. Part of me thinks that the competitors were a bit too enthusiastic and their posts were beginning to resemble spam, however the response is too extreme and unreasonable. They weren't trying to hurt or offend anybody, and they were treated badly.

In conclusion, I think it's time we all just take a few deep yoga breaths and choose to be friends again, although overall I believe this was a poorly handled conflict.

Female
223 posts

eggtrainer • 12 April 2011 at 1:17 AM

I'm not bothered by the spam. I just delete it.
But what irritates me is that I'm only being used so that the "referrer" can get one step closer to getting a rare egg.