Teased :(((

in Help & Questions

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 1 December 2011 at 12:14 AM

@glazzie i suck at giving advice :] but you're welcome.

Female
1,796 posts

han • 1 December 2011 at 4:34 AM

@glazzie

I feel really bad for you ☚ī¸ I hope your days get better later on 😊

5 posts

altheria • 3 December 2011 at 8:37 PM

@glazzie : A viewpoint from an old person: I was picked on in grade school unmercifully. It really affected me for many many years. This was a long long time ago, long before the word bullying ever became the cause it is today. Telling someone in authority isn't tattling or ratting someone out. It's safety. People that bully often have learned this behavior at home, sadly.

Having said all that (points up) I can tell you one other thing. What seems and feels so very important in school no matter what grade you're in, when you leave school you'll be able to see just how petty it really all was. Don't let what they say define you. Look for your definition of self from inside you and from people that know you well and like you. *That's* what's important.

(continued in next post cause I'm long-winded o_o) Can't post the rest of it...will send it to you personally if I can or simply wait til someone else posts. Sigh.

Deleted • 3 December 2011 at 8:41 PM

@glazzie
Punch them.😊 Normally I'm not violent, but uh... *cough cough* Desperate time call for desperate measures, you know? But don't worry. I know how you feel. I just intrude on the popular girls/guys and make them hang out with me. XD It kinda works, just as long as they don't give you the deluxe "I'm-gonna-kill you-later" stare.😋

5 posts

altheria • 3 December 2011 at 8:46 PM

Ahha! *pounces on the space to finish the post*

There will always be people who won't like you just as there will be people in life you won't like for one reason or another. There's nothing wrong with that. It's perfectly normal. What does count is how you treat those people and how they treat you. Respectfully. This is the adult way of doing things.

And remember, it's *not* tattling! You could be sparing many others from the same horrible issues and feelings you're having from the bullying. Cause you can bet if these people are bullying you you are not the only one they're doing this to! Part of bullying makes you feel isolated and they count on that. Don't play the game their way. It's abuse, pure and simple. The anti-bullying campaigns only work if people are willing to speak out about it.

Female
312 posts

feathershaft • 3 December 2011 at 9:00 PM

Gosh, that's part of the reason I don't want to go to high school. Look, glazzie, some juveniles aren't too bright and they probably don't know that these comments are harmful. Bullying in the USA happens a lot more than it does in Australia (no racism intended) and I'm not really sure how to help you. I'm all of the things you think you are (fat, ugly, stupid etc.) and I think I don't suffer as much as you do because I like everyone even if they DO call me those things.

So what I think you should do is firstly get one or two besties, then get another one who's loyal to you, then another and another and another. Soon you will have a circle of friends. Don't hide your "bad" sides-accept it, and act like, "Hey, I don't have a problem with it, so why do you?" And I think you SHOULD tell your mum since she is sympathetic (my parents, unlike yours, are ALWAYS on the bullies' side instead of mines) and just wait and see what happens.

I hope this helps.

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 3 December 2011 at 9:04 PM

Sticks and stones will brake my bones but words will never hurt me. <= Not true. Words can hurt. A lot.
I've been teased more than my share. I won't go into it but I did write a poem.

Why should I care
What you share
To everyone
Who bothers with you
But what good
Comes to you
Is there pain in you world too?
Do you know the trouble
You are causing
Is leaving marks inside of me
But soon, not now but soon I shall break through, fly and be free.

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 3 December 2011 at 9:47 PM

@feathershaft
That's not racism. That's the truth. If it weren't for my family and friends, I'd move to another country, particularly one where they don't hate soccer.

Female
676 posts

phoenizis • 3 December 2011 at 9:49 PM

@glazzie

My teacher told me this:

Just say "thank you" (In a happy tone)
And walk away.
They will be dumbfounded.

Female
1,384 posts

bubble_tree • 3 December 2011 at 10:27 PM

You might think you are fat, others do not. Think positive, not negative. No matter what anybody will say. Just because they say mean things to you means that they're JEALOUS. <<< I've heard that a lot.

It means those people have nothing but envy. Their lives could be worse than you think yours is, so they tend to hurt others who are better than themselves.

@redfire77 Naming them back makes it worse, in some cases.

Now, if you think you are not attractive, so be it. Just know that to some people, they think you are the most attractive person EVER. That's your motivation to make them love you EVEN MORE.

Say something about it. If bullying is illegal, tell someone. Its not tattling because a person is being hurt, and they feel horrible. Its called: speaking for yourself. If those people think you are a bad person for telling, their even worse, because they're are being even more of a bad person.

Just remember:
1. People may think you're ugly outside, but inside, you're a beautiful person who has much more moral then they do.
2. Fat? Please. Those bullies were probably fatter than then think you are at some point.
3. Useless? Every person has a reason to live. Remember that.
4. Stupid. That word shouldn't even exist. They're just that tad bit stupid to be talking smack about a person who is way more real than themselves.

@glazzie

Female
4,377 posts

carnatate • 3 December 2011 at 10:35 PM

I feel the same way ._.

Female
995 posts

haunted • 3 December 2011 at 11:38 PM

@pipkitten You are awesome.😸

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 3 December 2011 at 11:42 PM

@Haunted
Lol, thanks. 😊

7 posts

psych • 3 December 2011 at 11:47 PM

@glazzie

You know, I think the same atmosphere is common in most schools. I'm not pretty, gym is my least favorite subject, and I have about 10 friends altogether. But I don't mind. Sometimes I get pestered about my being a nerd (I'm in 8th grade but I take my math class at my high school), but I just let it go. I don't like being bullied, but I don't let the bullying get to me.

The thing about if you ignore the bully that they'll leave, it's not really true, but that shouldn't stop you from ignoring them. I take comfort in the fact that I have my own personality and I will do whatever I want when I get out of school, and they'll probably wish they were me later.

Just tell yourself you are the better person, and eventually, you'll see that being the better person pays off in the end. Not to sound cliche, but it'll get better. Look forward to the future.

Sorry for the long post. I ramble. A lot. It's sorta my thing. 😉

1,199 posts

glazzie • 4 December 2011 at 10:00 AM

Thanks everyone (:

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 4 December 2011 at 10:17 AM

@phoenizis
That's what I do. And I don't say stuff back, unless it's really witty and mean.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 4 December 2011 at 12:22 PM

@glazzie Witty comments can take you so many places.

For instance...

1. Mean Person: You're fat.
Glazzie: I'm sorry, are you confusing me for some kind of mirror?

2.Mean person: You're useless.
Glazzie: That's okay, I guess you're just reiterating what your father calls you.