*Lots* of Suggestions for the Site

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
372 posts

circus • 1 December 2011 at 8:53 AM

~
Contests

Who? Eggcave users

What? Poem contest, art contest, short story, photography contest. (Not needing to be related to eggcave.)

When? Anytime, now...

Where? Egg cave

Why? I think it would be fun and prizes! Maybe a prize wouldn't be an egg, but a bit of CC or some EC.

How? Maybe the contests should have a theme, like Christmas. And the users would post the link of their contest submission on the blog.
~
Forum Searches

THIS IS COMPLETELY @ladybugheart 's idea, and I loved it and wanted to spread the word. If you want the details go here: http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/10805

Also, Archive Searches (Completely me idea)

I'm a lazy person who can't be bothered to think what page something is, but I know it would be easier for me to just type in the letter t in a box and all the creatures with letter t would come up.
~
No Monthlies

They are expensive and take away the fun of not knowing when a new creature is coming. I know many people will disagree with me on this, and many will agree.
~
Multiplayer

I know this will probably take a while but maybe you could compete with other players, like in quizzes. For example, What month were clous released in?, and there would be multiple choice and each player had 10-15 seconds to answer, and whichever player one would get a small prize, but I think it should be from the other player, like each player would bet a prize and then whoever won would get the other player's and theirs.

214 posts

planetasteroid • 1 December 2011 at 8:54 AM

~
Christmas

Christmas is a time for presents and happiness, right? So I think there should be a possibility to transfer EC, CC, or eggs to another user, but they should only be able to see the present(s) on December 25th. But in genereal, I think there should be a transferring possibility.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 1 December 2011 at 9:23 AM

Absolutely no to the "no monthlies" idea. Running a site like Egg Cave takes a lot of money. And the main source of income is the monthlies and other Cash shop items. Taking those away would mean Egg Cave would die because we would not be able to pay for the server space anymore.

As for archive searches. If you go here, http://dex.eggcavern.net/, you can search the egg cave archives and it has all sorts of trivia and things about the different creatures that the EC archives doesn't have. 😊 But searches on here would be nice too.

Female
372 posts

circus • 1 December 2011 at 9:27 AM

@orderedchaos

Alright, but maybe there should be sales sometimes, like since it's christmas like 250 for each creature, but you'd still have to buy 500 cc because there is no 250 cc option.

Thanks for your opinions!