Writer's Block;; Help Thread

in Entertainment

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 23 December 2011 at 11:30 PM

If you need help writing a story, roleplay, anime, or anything else, post here. (:

~

I'm writing a novel, but I'm having some trouble with the characters. It's kind of based on a roleplay from another site.
Here's the description:

A long time ago, humans and dragons lived among one another peacefully. However, humans grew greedy and power-hungry, stealing the dragons' land and even killing them. A war broke out, with the humans emerging victorious. The dragons were forced to back into the shadows, no longer visible to human eyes.

Time has passed, and the dragons have been forgotten, only considered legends. However, a group of dragons known as the Dancing Thunder still lusts for vengeance, and will stop at nothing to destroy human kind. But dragonsighted humans - those who can see dragons - still exist. In order to save their kind, humans must come together with dragons to defeat the Dancing Thunder.

Most of it is already planned out, but I need some help. The vast majority of characters are dragonsighted girls with similar backgrounds of the same age who don't want dragons to die, including the evil ones. Kind of Mary-Sues. However, I also need people who hate all dragons and people who hate just the Dancing Thunder.

The setting is modern-time, although they are going to use olden weapons. Also, there can be people who live in the forest and stuff. 😋

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 23 December 2011 at 11:34 PM

YOU RP?! I never thought you did xD

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 23 December 2011 at 11:35 PM

Then make a girl who ISN'T a Mary Sue. XD
Make her hate dragons because they killed her family, and then make her become "good". XD

And remember, that not all bad people are REALLY bad.
So actually have good reasons for it....

(IDK)

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 23 December 2011 at 11:36 PM

@balletninja I love to RP. xDD

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 23 December 2011 at 11:36 PM

@Ladybugheart What type do you generally like? 😊

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 23 December 2011 at 11:42 PM

@taffy789 I'm trying to put some adults and male characters in there, too. :]

Hold on, I'mma make a character like that. xDD

@balletninja I'd have to say adventure and action. ^^ The RP that inspired my novel was amazing, but for some reason it quickly died.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 23 December 2011 at 11:44 PM

@ladybugheart Mine is inspired by a video game. It looks like it might die also. Action and adventure is also my favorite!

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 23 December 2011 at 11:50 PM

@taffy789

Just made a new charrie. How's this? (:

Name: Cadyn
Appearance: Black hair a little past her shoulders and long bangs.
Personality: Defiant and unforgiving, but kind of lonely.
Background: Dragons killed her parents when she was seven. She lives in an abandoned house in the woods.
Skills: Can survive on her own, good at using anything she can find as a weapon.
Dragon partner: N/A
Opinion of dragons: She hates them, and thinks they should all die.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 December 2011 at 12:18 AM

@ladybugheart - Mary Sues = Not good. Give them flaws here and there. XD

Also, sad parts. XD Like a dragon that was really nice dies.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 24 December 2011 at 12:46 AM

@taffy789
Hmmhmm. Can you help me with one of my main characters?

Name: Kiara
Appearance: Long brown hair, light skin, always wears a crescent moon necklace.
Personality: Mary-Sue. =_=
Background: Lives in a town near the forest. Father died. Other than that, none. Dx
Skills: Using a dagger
Opinion of dragons: ...likes them? 😋

Seriously, I've had a dream about how much of a Mary-Sue she is. xDD

Deleted • 24 December 2011 at 12:50 AM

Your such a good writer XD Imma bad one xD

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 December 2011 at 12:56 AM

@ladybugheart

Can Dragons talk in the book? 😊

Hmm, her Father died, so make her overprotective of her Mom, like SHE had to be the "man off the house" and watch out of her Mom. 😊
Make her Mom sickly too. XD Just for more conflict. XD

And make her, brash. Strong headed.
But unsure of herself, and what she's capable of, for she has little exprience with the outside world and little social expreince because she has been having to take care of her Mom all her life.
Maybe she can even RESENT her Mom a bit because of this. 😊
Your call on that one.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 24 December 2011 at 1:23 AM

@chloekins Thanks! 😸

@taffy789 Yep. (:

That sounds interesting. ^^

Also, I have a basic plot going, but mostly it's just all "I'm bored" for my characters. xD I need more conflict if I'm going to write a 50,000 word novel. 😋 Any ideas?

5,632 posts

linpug • 28 December 2011 at 12:11 AM

I though writers block is when you write somethin and a dude is all like 'I hate it! I block you on egg egg cave. No way are you gonna write for me again!'

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 29 December 2011 at 4:31 PM

@linpug
O_o
LOL. xD