Names...

in Help & Questions

Female
1,762 posts

toy • 8 January 2012 at 10:32 PM

I thought maybe I'd make a board and make a scene(;

Well, remember when @Ian said we couldn't name critters after the name 'Cocaine?'
(Gay was okay❤️)
Well Cocaine is serious drug.
There is something called 'Xanax' and it is a prescription drug that relaxes you.
...A lot of people abuse the drug.
I was bored and looked up the name,
and honestly NOT trying to point fingers,
there is a critter named 'Xanax.'
Is that okay?

3,562 posts

cafe • 10 January 2012 at 12:59 AM

@Toy

Xanax is a legal drug, you need a prescription for it [I'm on xanax myself.] And if some if found in your possession and you can't cough up proof it's yours, be it a bottle or calling the pharmacy [I keep some on my in an empty, label less bottle for emergencies, and the rest at the house] then you will get fined.

Cocaine, on the other hand, is illegal any way you put it. No "Well I take it fo-" No. You can get legal marijuana if you have something serious, like cancer, but nothing like cocaine is legal. It's an illegal drug, something as that.

So, yes, I think the name Xanax is okay. It's not the drug that's the problem, it's the people who abuse it.

I think he meant you can't name a critter after something illegal, not something you can have if you need it[Again, Marijuana is iffy]

//Edit//

Also, to add, most people don't take xanax for relaxation; it's more to keep down a major panic attack, where you could end up making yourself sick from said panic attack. Some people abuse it because of the fact it does "relaz" you, but it's not made for said purpose.

You can also hurt others when you're in panic mode, so it's best for everyone xD

One more thing, on my secret side I have my medication's names on eggs as it helps me remember them. "What medicine do you take?" Me; "Oh hold on, lemme check," //whips out phone, looks on eggcave// "It's -Enter drug-"

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 10 January 2012 at 1:31 AM

^

What she said.

3,562 posts

cafe • 10 January 2012 at 1:33 AM

@Sky

Lmfao

Only reason I know this is I take that medicine myself. If you asked me about, say pot, I wouldn't know jack. xD

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 10 January 2012 at 1:40 AM

@Cafe

Ooh. I see.
I don't know much about pot.
I know people that smoke pot though.
._.

Female
1,762 posts

toy • 10 January 2012 at 8:12 AM

@cafe
I know what they are....
And what they do.
I quickly typed that first paragraph.
And yes a lady I know takes Xanax for her anxiety.
But kids abuse it to get relaxed and such.

Female
469 posts

peachy4657 • 10 January 2012 at 4:35 PM

@toy What else did @Ian say we couldn't name our creatures? When did he say it? :S

3,562 posts

cafe • 10 January 2012 at 7:46 PM

@Toy

I wasn't trying to be mean, or try and talk down to you, I was explain [So anyone who doesn't see this can now know] and why I think it's an okay name

My parents taught me to never just say yes or no, that I have to add a reason why

Sorry
:s

Female
1,762 posts

toy • 11 January 2012 at 9:09 PM

@cafe
I felt like you were talking down to me...
Sorry I became offensive ^^;
Really.
I need to work on my social skills?
I moved to a new state and it seems like it would be a good idea, haha.

3,562 posts

cafe • 12 January 2012 at 9:37 AM

@Toy

Pissshhhaaa

It's fine c:
I over explain things, and confuse a lot of people. My mom says I talk about subjects A-J, and while I'm on L she's still on C and confused as heck.

And thanks to my keyboard, and my spelling skills, some of my posts are confusing [Keyboard's keys are faded, and I have a habit of sending before proof reading]

^^^^

3,562 posts

cafe • 12 January 2012 at 9:37 AM

Woah double post o-o

Male
74 posts

genebunny • 12 January 2012 at 10:03 AM

I think medical names are fine.
If someone wants to name their pets
with what some american kids think as
"Naughty" body parts, then let them.
like sphincter 😊

3,562 posts

cafe • 12 January 2012 at 10:09 AM

@Genebunny

I have no idea what that is o_o

//Google//

So basically it keeps me from wetting myself?

//Walks away confused//

Male
74 posts

genebunny • 14 January 2012 at 7:30 PM

@cafe
Humans have quite a few.
One your sitting on, there is one or two in your heart 😊