Please.

in Chit-Chat

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 16 June 2011 at 11:15 PM

Take twelve minutes out of your day, to see the cruelty that real animals go through. The more people who are aware, and the more people who will fight for the rights of animals, the better chance they have of being treated right.

I'm not trying to shove my points of view down anyone's throat. Or say "BE A VEGETARIAN NOW" Because yes, I do eat meat. But I also support the cause to get these animals treated fairly, and not treated like worthless objects.

So please, take but a moment.. and click the link to the video. I must caution you though. The things in this video are graphic and extremely sad.

-Peta Meet your 'meat'

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-513747926833909134#

@balletninja
@muppet
@snapzombie
@redfire77
@chloekins
@nenielsen

Female
996 posts

nenielsen • 16 June 2011 at 11:44 PM

No one replied?!

Female
170 posts

muppet • 16 June 2011 at 11:45 PM

OMG!!!

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 16 June 2011 at 11:46 PM

@muppet

Horrible isn't it?! I still can't believe that people would abuse an animal like this..You should see what they do to animals in the Circus.. And Well know circuses to boot.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 16 June 2011 at 11:54 PM

but I already am vegetarian. O_O

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 16 June 2011 at 11:56 PM

@redfire77

That's wonderful 😊

Female
170 posts

muppet • 17 June 2011 at 12:05 AM

@armageddondoll Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww...salad...eating only salad forever *shudders*

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 17 June 2011 at 12:07 AM

@muppet
Hahaha, glad the video got to you, mom. 😊 I honestly think everyone should know about it..
BTW, I DID tell you it was graphic and really really sad .

Deleted • 17 June 2011 at 12:25 AM

Let me make it clear that this footage is outdated and most of this is not happening right now.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 17 June 2011 at 12:28 AM

@Pachi89 I hope so. >.<

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 17 June 2011 at 12:32 AM

@pachi89 Just because it's not in the news everyday, does not mean this type of cruelty isn't happening. Slaughterhouses spend thousands to keep their names out of the news. 'meat' animals are still abused everyday. If I came off rude, I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be. I just want people to know what happens, and stand up against animal cruelty.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 June 2011 at 12:41 AM

What CAN we do about this?
I mean, I don't support cruel treatment, no. But you could always buy from those few companies that address this issue.
We live in a world with a poputation reaching 7 billion. We don't have the space or money to treat these animals as well as we'd like. These animals, sadly, were bred and raised to be consumed. It's all supply and demand.
If people really did care, they would have done something about this by now. The world already knows about this stuff. Even my seven year old cousin understands this concept. I just personally don't think people are going to be willing to do anything. They eat & enjoy the meat they have now...

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 17 June 2011 at 12:51 AM

One person can make a difference. Saying things like something would have been done about it by now? It's like giving up. Change will NEVER happen if people give up. Cruelty to any animal whether it be domestic or livestock,should not be allowed. If people work to change it, the change will happen. People stand up for child abuse, and spousal abuse, and even cats and dogs. But what about the animals that get lost in it all? Cows, chickens, pigs, elephants, animals that get experimented on for 'furthering technonlgy' or testing vaccines. They need people to stick up for them. All animals do. Hope and flat out determination CAN bring change. Can bring a better life for these animals. People do care, maybe not all or even half, but there are people who do. yeah people enjoy their meat, but most wouldn't once they see how it comes to them. I didnt post this to bring about controversy but rather to inform. I understand that it seems pointless to some.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 17 June 2011 at 1:02 AM

@armageddondoll

States themselves can fix this, San Francisco has banned toys in fast food meals! It cuts their income by half.

Anyways, I don't eat meat at fast food restaurants. There is nothing we can do, us in ourselves. I am sorry, but Peta hasn't been very successful and the FDA is becoming less involved. My advice is to fend for yourself and do what you want with your food, you can stay skinny and healthy! As for the animals, send letter and try, but you aren't going to get far, people are money hungry these days and will kill innocent animals just to be billionaires.

Female
916 posts

evilyowling • 17 June 2011 at 1:08 AM

@Armageddondoll

I already follow the ways of an dairy Vegetarien. I deeply dislike that they are ended cruely. And unfairly because they've animals and not as smart as us. Take KFC for an example and waht the do to get their meat. Completely Cruel. I believe animals should live a happy life before they can be turned into a burger or so. I believe in the matter 'Its a matter of life and death' I do not follow this because I'm Vegetarien but because its what been cruel.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 June 2011 at 1:09 AM

I agree with balletninja
I've seen videos on this. I've watched it, read about it, but like everyone else, I didn't do anything. Not because I don't support the change, but it's a losing battle. Plenty of groups have tried, where else did these videos come from? It's just a brilliant idea too hard to make happen.
There are many other things that people think are more important.

Making their life any better won't change their fate. They were created & bred for it.

Deleted • 17 June 2011 at 1:15 AM

Wow!

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 17 June 2011 at 1:17 AM

@evilyowling I'm glad you agree. People love meat yeah, but it doesn't mean they gave to be tortured all their lives for us to attain it .

@icymuffin it's not too hard to accomplish. Freeing slaves was considered an unattainable dream, and that happened. Womens rights was also a hugely controversial thing and took many years to accomplish, but it HAPPENED. Nothing is impossible if people care enough to actually do something about it. Yeah they're bred for it, cats and dogs are bred for us to buy and have as pets. Just because they are bred for something doesn't mean they don't deserve a fair chance at a decent life .

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 June 2011 at 1:22 AM

But look how long it took.
Not only that, but this is a totally different goal. No one is going to stand in front of the White House in the rain for months on end during a war like those ladies to protest against for chickens that cannot walk. No one is going to get beaten up during a sit-in for an idea that has already been addressed in a way.

All I'm saying is, not enough people care about this to the point where they would fight for it.

I like that you're fighting for this cause, I really do. Not many people spend any time anymore to fight for causes they support. But I just have to point out to you the problems that are there.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 17 June 2011 at 1:30 AM

@icymuffin you outlook on this issue dampers everyone with a blanket of hopelessness.... And actually, cows weren't created to be EATEN. Nothing was created to be eaten. Nothing evolved just so that it could serve as a food source. Cows evolved as large grazing herbivores. AND NOT AS BIG MEAT WADS FOR HUMANS TO CHEW ON. Stop telling us that we can't.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 June 2011 at 1:33 AM

I'm not saying that you can't.
I'm pointing out the obvious things that you will have to face. I'm saying that you shouldn't blindly jump into a sitution without knowing where you will land.

><" I apologise for seeming so gloomy and all, but it's kind of part of my nature to point out the "other side" of things. I don't like seeing people fall because they didn't look at the whole picture.

(Yes, cows were not created to be eaten. Some creature somewhere, sometime long ago evolved into a cow. I'm saying that we took this cow and bred it so that one kind woul be good for meat, another would be good for dairy, another would be good for the show/contests... etc.
Now people have become so dependant on it, people want more. Fast. And thus, we treat animals like this and we can't find any way back )

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 17 June 2011 at 1:44 AM

@icymuffin sorry for my outburst ^___^;

I'm glad you're looking out for us reckless leapers. 😊 But I think that if enough people know what's going on, we can make a difference. It would be a long hard road, but perhaps one to success.

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 17 June 2011 at 1:48 AM

@icymuffin people know the risks, and the downsides. To every good thing there will be bad. Sometimes enough to make it seem like there is no chance of overcoming it, because the odds are slim. But that's why people fight. To overcome so many odds to do something good. To make a difference . Animals have no voice to fight with except the people who care enough to fight for them. As long as there are still people who will fight for them, then there will always be a chance, even if it's small, to give them better lives.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 June 2011 at 1:49 AM

I hope so.

But I personally think that the first thing that you have to tackle is the food they feed cows (possibly others?)
Cows don't normally eat corn. Right now that's the most common thing they're being fed.
It has no nutrition for both the animals eating it (and it's hard to digest for them) and when it gets to us, there's much less nutrients we normally would normally get.

Two birds with one stone (in a way?)

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 17 June 2011 at 1:56 AM

@icymuffin Kind of lol. They get fed corn along with hormones. One, because corn is cheap and people are money hungry, and hormones to fatten the cows so they get more money. Again... Money hungry people. If people can get them to feed cows what they need to be healthy, and what their diet requires, they wouldn't 'need' to give the cows the hormones. Proper feeding would make them big healthy cows. Which is what farmers want in the long run anyway.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 June 2011 at 1:59 AM

Or they turn to cheap supplement boosters/shots as they do now //is smacked//

Or like those farmers who let their cows graze freely around open pastures. I see a lot of those around my area. Really useful in keeping abandoned grass fields from starting fires in summer 😃

Female
459 posts

bumblebee13_7 • 17 June 2011 at 2:04 AM

Oh that was awful!

Perhaps a solution would be to only eat free-range meat, I know that here in Australia, free-range is really big.

Then again, there was a really big scandal lately about how animals are tortured when they're killed. But I guess that is sort of a seperated issue.

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 17 June 2011 at 2:07 AM

@icymuffin That's true, but as you said, they can't digest corn and it has no nutritional value. The grass is pretty much the only thing( along with things chemically bad for them)keeping some semblance of a proper diet.

Female
459 posts

bumblebee13_7 • 17 June 2011 at 2:07 AM

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 17 June 2011 at 6:52 AM

I didn't watch the video yet, but it seems terrible. Though, let me first state that I must agree with @Icymuffin.

Stopping this type of thing seems like a HUGE task that not many followers would support, and yes, slavery was stopped, but people do not think this is as important. When people fought to end slavery, they were fighting for the rights of other humans. But since stopping cruelty is for saving other animals and stopping companies from treating animals like this and preparing meat this way-- which would also lower meat quantities and raise the price-- not as many people follow. Yes, technically, we are all animals, but not of the same species. And I am still fond of these creatures, but I just don't think as many people would support this cause.