Feed all button!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 10:35 AM

Say you're short on time, or like me, can't come on for long because of serious reasons;

My idea is on every profile will be a "feed all" button, and to use it, it will cost a fee.
[Say you usually get about 3000 per your cave, 1000 fee - You only get 2000. BUT your eggs get fed]

//IAN OPTION//
[If Ian likes this idea, he chooses the next part]

You can do it to anyone's profile, but again; it costs a much higher fee/Might not get any EC really.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 21 June 2011 at 10:37 AM

Uh, that'd be kind of unfair. >.<

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 10:38 AM

How? Please explain?

Some people just don't have the time for feeding one egg at a time, and the prices were an example.

Female
248 posts

zhachary • 21 June 2011 at 10:39 AM

A good idea and I like it, but I think perhaps you should only be able to do this for your own cove. Otherwise people will just get lazy and not actually spend time going through people's creatures, they'll just hit the button and move one. An easy way of making EC quickly, even if it does cost you a bit to get, the benefit outweighs the cost...if you get my meaning...

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 10:40 AM

Ahh~

I wasn't thinking people would abuse it, lol :s..

//Edit//

That sound better?

Female
248 posts

zhachary • 21 June 2011 at 10:44 AM

Yes and no. Up to Ian in the end though

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 10:48 AM

That's why I added Ian option XD

He chooses that part, and can tweek it anyway he pleases.

He is the eggcave God o.o

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 21 June 2011 at 8:07 PM

Ohyesplease!

Maybe you can get it with CC and EC?

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 21 June 2011 at 8:10 PM

I think you should just not be lazy and actually take the time to feed the creatures.

2,403 posts

evolutary • 22 June 2011 at 6:42 AM

I think it sorta ruins the whole purpose of feeding eggs and stuff. But good idea though lol! Or maybe if there was, you'd get no EC or something.

Deleted • 22 June 2011 at 6:51 AM

if @Ian considers this, i would say only to feed your own cove.

i think too that people will definitely abuse the button, and then people who dont want certain creatures fed would end up with evolved babies they didnt want all grown up.

Male
54 posts

bazoo • 22 June 2011 at 7:07 AM

I am also not in favor of this. Some users work hard to put up awesome profiles for their eggs so that their friends can see it.

I can understand the Feed Your Whole Cove feature. Maybe it can benefit those who do not have money to have their eggs in Tim's 😊

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 22 June 2011 at 11:15 AM

This has been a longstanding suggestion, but there has been no way for me to conceptualize implementing this without users gaining massive amounts of feeds and massive amounts of EC unfairly (or within an exceptionally quick amount of time). I'm not so concerned about gaining feed stats quickly insomuch as destroying the entire economy of EC.

Think... if you:

"Fed All" 50 creatures
For 100 friends
At 100ish EC per feed
===== 500,000 EC in one day

EC would essentially be worthless. As of right now, 500,000 EC would be considered a lot.

Part of the reason Egg Cave's community is great is because users spend time on the site and take care of each other's creatures. There more of a feeling of investment and friendship. And then, if we removed gaining EC altogether from using the "Feed All Creatures" button, it removes half of the point of feeding people's creatures altogether (feeding is currently: increased stats and more EC).

So: there's a delicate balance that could be wildly upset in the event that we implement this. If anybody has any brilliant ideas to counter this and make it fair (even it out in the end), I'm all ears. 😊

Male
26 posts

genius • 22 June 2011 at 11:34 AM

The only way I see this being fair is maybe making it so that you don't earn any money for feeding them, but you have to pay maybe...5k or 10k to do it. Other than that, I don't see a point in this.

Deleted • 22 June 2011 at 6:38 PM

@Ian

I was meaning little to no EC for other people's coves, but so you can help out a friend if they need help.

How about for just your own cove?

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 22 June 2011 at 6:41 PM

I can rarely go on for long, so this would be helpful.

2,425 posts

blackrose_chan • 29 June 2011 at 12:46 AM

unfair... I thought of this to but if people just feed all in a sec they will be on eggcave less. so I guess sites get paid like tv stations. less people less money.

Female
128 posts

crazymushroom • 29 June 2011 at 1:10 AM

I think that it should only be for using it in your own cove, and you don't get any EC from it. That way users who don't have enough time to be on here long enough to feed all of their eggs can keep them alive. And also, people wouldn't be able to get EC, so they wouldn't be able to abuse it. :]

If you were to be able to use this option in other people's coves, it would also be a problem that some people have DNFs.