Help

in Chit-Chat

Female
1,573 posts

isis • 8 July 2011 at 12:57 AM

@thepells4 awwwww โ˜น๏ธ You know you can count on me, right? โ˜น๏ธ

2,403 posts

evolutary • 8 July 2011 at 1:27 AM

@thepells4 It's okay to feel this way, you know. Everyone goes through these stages, and if some of your 'friends' can't see what a great person you are, there's something wrong with them, not you. Sometimes you have to get back up on your feet and start your life again, 'cause if you fall to the lowest you can fall, the only way you can go is up!

Take a break for a moment. Think of the best things in life because you can only live life once. You must make the most of it!

Male
2,935 posts

miomar • 8 July 2011 at 1:31 AM

Nobody hates you๐Ÿ˜Š! We can be good buddies again๐Ÿ˜ƒ!

Female
2,556 posts

silver_winged • 8 July 2011 at 1:54 AM

May I deliver a long quote, see if I can place what you're feeling?

"You feel that there really is a whole other realm of depth and sensitivity available in life; somehow, you are just not seeing it. You wind up feeling cut off . . . Then even that vague awareness fades away, and you are back to the same old reality. The world looks like the usual foul place. It is an emotional roller coaster, and you spend a lot of your time down at the bottom of the ramp, yearning for the heights.

"So what is wrong with you? Are you a freak? No. You are just human. And you suffer from the same malady that infects every human being."

It's hard to draw more direct quotes since the advice is more speckled in the next few pages, but it talks about our perception being the root of all the turmoil we feel. Perhaps, simply working on your perception of things as they are could make you feel better- help you to stop labeling things as either good, bad, or inconsequential, and take them as they are.

If this sounds like it really applies to you, the book is called Mindfulness in Plain English, by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana. It's about vipassana meditation. If not, I'm sorry for that, but know that I feel your pain.

9,386 posts

smilies • 8 July 2011 at 1:59 AM

@thepells4 I'll always be your friend ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 8 July 2011 at 2:45 AM

@thepells4, don't take me the wrong way, but you need to lighten up on the eggcave drama, take some time off. Alot of people take eggcave seriously, believe me, i did a while ago too.

But i've realised that its silly to get mega upset about just an online game and let it control what you think and feel outside of the game.

I see eggcave going through a seires of difficult and challenging times.

Yes, alot of oldies are leaving. They're allowed to. Those who are "old" newbies, you have to take charge and start becomming the "new" oldies.

I hope that eggcave turns once again into a safe and friendly environment, but for now, I think that people who are sick of drama should take a break and let this thing settle

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 8 July 2011 at 4:17 AM

I know a thing that helps me to get through difficulties and unfair things in life. I just try to imagine that everything isn't happening to me, to a shy and nervous fifteen-year-old girl, but to a brave and self-confident she-werewolf who can always deal with it. You can try it, too. Imagine that you're reading a book:"Once upon a time there was an Effa named Pells, whose friends treated her unfair because she was so silent and didn't do any harm to anyone. But they didn't know that Pells was a powerful warrior and could have dealt with them easily if she only wanted to..." Although it may sound absurd, it helps.

Deleted • 9 July 2011 at 4:01 AM

@thepells4

Even in real life it happens to me a lot. In class, somebody could love or hate you at any one time. Collaborators could become enemies and possess no sentimentality. Don't judge because I'm just a newbie, since I completely understand. It's a tough world out there, and all the hatred going around here is fuelled by Satan's competitiveness. Think of Egg Cave as a perfect society gone wrong. It's life, and when life knocks you down, you shouldn't just fall down, like the animals in 'Animal Farm, George Orwell'. Instead, stand up and confront the toughest problems. Ignore all the petty things and confront the hard ones.

I find it easier to express myself on the internet, because you don't really have a reputation, just yourself. Don't think about reputation, and think about yourself instead. You are not an object, not a 'thing' made to repute. You are a human! And as a human, you can't fall. You must stand, and voice your thoughts. For the good of humanity!

(the following is from myself, an 11 year old)

Female
1,050 posts

meg • 9 July 2011 at 4:10 PM

@thepells4 Sometimes You just need to think about what is really important to you in your life, and when you find those things life becomes a whole lot simpler ๐Ÿ˜Š For example if its soccer or a sport or music or school or friends, whatever it is just go for it ๐Ÿ˜Š and the people you meet along the way, the people who stick with you through thick and thin, those are your real friends ๐Ÿ˜Š

Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
Fake friends are like leaves, found everywhere.