Cove and profile view

in Help & Questions

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 6 December 2010 at 7:29 AM

I can't find this topic anywhere so I'm giving it a go here. 😊

Question: Am I the only one that really does NOT like the new way that creatures show up on my profile page?

I don't like that they are shown in a small window with a scrollbar. I want to be able to see ALL of them on one page, side by side - not in a long row like in the cove.
Five creatures in a row is really nice instead of three in a row, but the scrollbar I don't like at all. It makes feeding slower, at least for me. ☚ī¸

Female
494 posts

plookle • 6 December 2010 at 7:41 AM

I don't really like the scrollbar either. I use snaplinks to feed and it really slows me down. Also, I liked being able to see all my eggs at once. I doubt this will be changed though...

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 6 December 2010 at 8:05 AM

Why shouldn't it be changed? It is a terrible function!
I use snaplinks too and I hate feeding in beta mode right now. I change back to the old version of the site to feed. ☚ī¸

Female
391 posts

joy • 6 December 2010 at 10:23 AM

I love the new way creatures are presented on profiles. I think it makes the profiles seem much cleaner and easier to view all the creatures.

I agree, the new box and scroll bar makes it nearly impossible to use snaplinks, but I found an addon that works a whole lot better and faster! 😃 It's called Selection Links. It's a bit hard to explain, but it works really well once you get the hang of it.

How to use Selection Links:

First highlight Creatures (92) at the top of the box using your left mouse button. Then, with the left mouse button still held down, move your mouse inside the box and hit your End key. Now all the creatures in the box should be highlighted. Move your mouse over Creatures (92) at the top of the box, right click on it, and click 'Selection Open'. If all done right, it will open all the creatures in new tabs. 😃

Female
245 posts

neo428984 • 6 December 2010 at 11:17 AM

I've never heard of these snaplinks or selection links methods before...sounds crazy to have 92 new tabs open up to me, hahaha. The arrows to the next creature work just fine for me, but hey, to each his own 😃

The new setup with the scrollbar for creatures doesn't slow down my feeding at all, and I don't have a strong opinion either way. At first I disliked it, but it has really grown on me now. And I agree with Joy: it makes it seem cleaner and tidier.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 6 December 2010 at 12:55 PM

I like being able to see all my creatures at the same time. They make me happy. I didn't collect them to have them hide beneath a scrollbar. ☚ī¸

Female
245 posts

neo428984 • 10 December 2010 at 11:30 PM

Another note on the small boxes:
I just noticed that my small box has 90-degree corners, while everyone else's boxes have the rounded edges. Is this true for everyone?

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 29 March 2011 at 7:29 PM

I like seeing creatures too. >.> Maybe Ian can implement a preference option so you see either all of everyone's, or the scrollbox.