Looking for some anime/manga

in Chit-Chat

2,591 posts

celeste • 13 November 2012 at 2:45 AM

OK, so, I was wondering, does anybody have any good anime for me to watch (or manga to read, not particularly picky 😋) Not a fan of romance, but I MIGHT be able to read through a little bit if it advances the plotline. Nothing too graphic or violent - I don't mind gore, but I'm moreso the person for darker themes than anything. I like most anime genres, apart from the aforementioned romance.

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 13 November 2012 at 4:16 AM

@celeste

I'm assuming you've already tried Inuyasha? It's pretty popular.

Fruit's Basket is a cute anime.

Wolf's Rain is a dark anime, in my opinion, but wonderfully done.

Also, if you like anime movied, watch Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service. ^^

Non-binary
8,707 posts

pebblestar-nightclan • 13 November 2012 at 6:06 AM

I recommend Wolf's Rain and Soul Eater for you, if you haven't already tried them. ^^ They're both pretty dark. Well, Soul Eater changes about halfway in, from just humorous with a plot, to dark with a plot, if you know what I mean. @Celeste ^^ Oh, and there's no romance, at least in the anime.

Female
107 posts

insanegoldfish • 15 November 2012 at 6:41 PM

Kamisama Hajimemashite is a super cute anime and manga. You can watch the episodes on Hulu if you feel like doing so legally or just find them on about any other site.

3,758 posts

iceyfira • 15 November 2012 at 6:43 PM

@celeste

Happy Happy Clover //shot//

Black Butler. 😸

Female
1,265 posts

bluenatty • 15 November 2012 at 6:44 PM

@celeste
Vampire Knight 😃 Theres only 2 season though, the creator was supposed to finish it but hasnt yet; unless they have since the last time I checked. You can watch all the episodes that are out on Hulu.com ^^

Deleted • 17 November 2012 at 11:05 PM

I'd recommend Soul Eater. It's very humorous at the beginning but it starts getting very serious and action-wise later on. The anime plot is quite twisted to that of the manga but the anime is quite good. The manga is the same, awesome and action-y, but it is still ongoing, unlike the anime.

I like the manga better but that's just my opinion.nat least my favourite character did not die in the anime. OTL.

@pebblestar-nightclan
You watch Soul Eater too? Adsjlnbkjso. Nice to see an SE fan.

Non-binary
8,707 posts

pebblestar-nightclan • 17 November 2012 at 11:06 PM

@puripurin222
Yes, I LOVE Soul Eater. xD It's my favorite anime by far.
Who's your favorite character? I like Kid, Crona, and Spirit. c:

Deleted • 17 November 2012 at 11:11 PM

@pebblestar-nightclan

Brofist? I LOVE SE too! Same, I loved the anime. I have a lot of favourite charcters XD. I like Kid, Crona, Justin, Giriko, Black*Star (cuz he's stupid), Maka, Dr. Stein. Ohh, can't miss Lord Death and Medusa.

My favs (all time) is Justin, Giriko, Kid, and Dr. Stein.

LOL, I have a lot

Non-binary
8,707 posts

pebblestar-nightclan • 17 November 2012 at 11:13 PM

@purinpurin222
Ha ha, yeah. xD I commented on your dA, by the way.
And I hate Black*Star, but I like Medusa because she's a baddie. 😸

Female
1,184 posts

fuzzykins412 • 17 November 2012 at 11:14 PM

@celeste

I personally like Spirited Away, and Castle in the Sky. C:

Female
336 posts

honk • 17 November 2012 at 11:17 PM

@celeste
I you want some anime or manga you should read or watch join #anime and #manga

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 17 November 2012 at 11:23 PM

@celeste
I would suggest reading and watching Death Note
It's a very dark series
Watching Ouran High School Host club (not much with romance...for most of the episodes). It's a rather bright, comedy anime unlike anything I have seen

Deleted • 18 November 2012 at 8:01 AM

@pebblestar-nightclan

Haha! Black*Star is someone I like only because of his idiocy. Yeah, Medusa is a baddie. i like Giriko because he's vulgar and a sexy beast(//shot//) and Justin because he's cute and 'coz he's such an idiot sometimes. Medusa is plain cool.

Wait, what. U know my DA. O wow. Thx for commenting.

Female
196 posts

gumiho710 • 18 November 2012 at 8:05 AM

Kuroshitsuji is a nice choice 😸 It's other name is black butler 😋 Others that I would suggest are Hayate, Fairy Tail (of course), Sket Dance, K-on and whatever xD Good luck finding other anime xP

@celeste

Male
99 posts

-starfire- • 18 November 2012 at 8:15 AM

Read the Cirque Du Freak Manga series! i got hooked on the acuall novels, but my freind told me the manga's are as good as the books are.