Parts of Profile Posts Disappearing

in Problems & Bugs

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 31 July 2011 at 4:09 PM

@Ian
Ok at first I thought I was over the character limit... then I thought I was going crazy... then I tested it and found that parts of the posts I put on my profile are, in fact, disappearing 0_o

I posted on my wall a note to people not to feed one of my creatures until I trade for a freezing potion, and here is what I posted ">>>>>DO NOT FEED LIZARDFEATHER<<<<<< Lol kinda sounds like I'm saying not to feed myself XD I meant the creature Lizardfeather" But it cuts it off to :

"">>>>>DO NOT FEED LIZARDFEATHER<<<<<< Lol kinda sounds like I'm saying not to feed myself XD I meant" And stops there. I've tried it with other things but it only seems to happen with this message. 0_o It is 126 characters but the glitch cuts it to 100 characters. >.<

EDIT II: It only seems to do this if you have a lot of "><" in your post. Eg: >>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<

EDIT III : Ok no matter what the character # it seems to delete part of the post if you have >>><<<

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 31 July 2011 at 4:17 PM

I've had this happen to me as well, but I don't think it was 126 characters in my case (my posts are almost always near 140)

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 31 July 2011 at 7:26 PM

This is how it works (I think)

You post >><< then 100+ characters and it deletes a couple characters off the end of the post.

You put at least 4 symbol things with a word in between and then 100+ characters and it deletes some stuff off the end of your post ex: >>>>lol<<<< will cause the end clipping.

This works on other people's profiles, but it only clips the end after you refresh the page.

I don't know but it clips the end DX

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 1 August 2011 at 2:29 AM

@lizardfeather
It doesn't just happen when you put in a lot of symbols, maybe just one symbol is enough to trigger it, because it just happened again on @lillia's profile and I only had a % in there... (It's the second post from today, it cut off Tim's food shoppe to Tim's food sh)

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 1 August 2011 at 11:50 AM

I think what's happening is the symbol takes up more than one characters space like:
%
aa

Is just over the first A so it probably cuts it off because it can't fit the added space of the symbol... if that makes any sense.