Favorite Music

in Entertainment

Female
16 posts

sk8rgirl1097 • 31 July 2011 at 11:34 PM

I'm a fan of alternative-rock which isn't very popular (although it most definitely should be XD) so some of these might be unfamiliar.
Monsoon by Tokio Hotel(I'm positively obsessed with Tokio Hotel now! They are AMAZING! Not to mention Bill Kaulitz is just gorgeous! In an androgynous way)
Cancer by My Chemical Romance
The End by MCR
Welcome to the Black Parade by MCR
Stay (aka Untitled) by MCR
To The End by MCR
Our Lady of Sorrows by MCR
Vampires Will Never Hurt You by MCR
Under Pressure by MCR & The Used
Lost in You by Three Days Grace
Ready, Set, Go by Tokio Hotel
Scream by Tokio Hotel
Automatic by Tokio Hotel
World Behind My Wall by Tokio Hotel
The Bird and the Worm by The Used
Smother Me by The Used
Monster by Skillet
Time is Running Out by Muse
Starlight by Muse
Trade Mistakes by Panic at the Disco
Jumper by Third Eye Blind
Crawling by Linkin Park
Somewhere I Belong by Linkin Park
Home by The Goo Goo Dolls
Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls
Make It Stop by Rise Against
Kick in the Teeth by Papa Roach
Forever by Papa Roach
Set the World on Fire by Black Veil Brides
Simple Man by Shinedown
So those are all the songs on my playlist. What about you?

Female
148 posts

omeletteater5 • 1 August 2011 at 12:13 AM

Yeah Linkin Park! They are totally the best band ever! I really like Evanescence, Paramore, Avril Lavigne, and Owl City. I mainly like alternative rock too, but I like all music as long as the lyrics are great or there is some epic guitar! πŸ˜ƒ
My most recent discoveries are Fort Minor and Fireflight. Fort Minor was suggested to me by my Latin teacher. O.o We were talking about Linkin Park and he brought it up. I'm really glad he introduced it to me because I really love Mike Shinoda's raps! And Fireflight is this really awesome Christian rock band that I would have never found if it wasnt for Pandora radio! Im not particularly a fan of Christian rock, but Fireflight is really great!

Female
16 posts

sk8rgirl1097 • 1 August 2011 at 8:56 PM

Oh Fort Minor is awesome! I'm not really a fan of Christian rock either but I think I've heard of them. Faith by Taking Back Sunday is one of my new favorites. It's AMAZING! Which is weird because I don't like all that much of Taking Back Sunday. Did you hear Linkin Park's cover of Rolling in the Deep? That was seriously shocking. I didn't think they could pull it off but somehow they did 😊

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 1 August 2011 at 9:13 PM

SARA BAREILLES. BEST. ARTIST. EVER. She's AMAZING. I wish that I was a skilled as she is at composing, playing instruments, and being awesome. I worship her!!! (Okay, maybe not, but you get my point. listen to Kaleidoscope Heart and see how awesome she is.)

Plain White Tees and Train are good, and I LURV Maroon Five and Colbie Caillat. Yep.

AND PARAMORE IS PHENOMENAL.

Female
16 posts

sk8rgirl1097 • 2 August 2011 at 5:59 PM

Oh God. I can't say I like most of your music. I absolutely CAN'T STAND Colbie Caillat and Sara Bareilles. Train is good though. I actually like Moves Like Jagger by Maroon Five though.

Paramore is phenomenal. I most definitely agree. Monster is ridiculously fantastic considering two of their band members just left.

I'm sorry if any of my hatred for Calliat and Bareilles offended you.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 2 August 2011 at 6:01 PM

*slightly miffed* -_____-;;
that's alright. just as long as you agree that paramore is DA BOMB.

Female
4,377 posts

carnatate • 2 August 2011 at 6:02 PM

I love the song Monster-Skillet too!! I like Breaking Benjamin,Linkin Park and Three Days Grace stuff like that XD

408 posts

psycho • 2 August 2011 at 6:07 PM

I'm not really a fan of Paramore actually. -ducks- I'm more into Justin Bieber and the Jonas Brothers and stuff. πŸ˜‹ Okay, that's a lie. But still not too big on Paramore.

I'm into Alternative Rock, 80s Rock, Grunge and Punk Rock. Stuff like that. And some Top 40 but not the sucky kind. πŸ˜‹ Stuff like Breaking Benjamin, Theory of a Deadman, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Hollywood Undead, stuff like that.

Female
16 posts

sk8rgirl1097 • 11 August 2011 at 11:38 AM

My best friend, who shares the same interest in music tastes that I do, recently told me about this song Simple Man by Shinedown. God, it's depressing but I like depressing stuff. It makes me feel not so bad, you know? I love Had Enough by Breaking Benjamin. Describes my... hatred/relationship with this guy. I absolutely adore Hollywood Undead, Aerosmith, Three Days Grace, and now The Used. The Bird and the Worm is one of my absolutely favorite songs right now.

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 11 August 2011 at 11:55 AM

@Redfire77 YES. πŸ˜ƒ They're all really good. 😸 I like a few songs by Colbie Callait & Sara Bereilles and my mom REALLY likes one of the singers in Paramore, and I've been a fan of Maroon 5 for a few years now. 😸 Only when I was little I thought the words in their songs were completely different ROFL

Most of my music taste is newer music/pop (lol), I'm a HUGEEEEE fan of Ke$ha (you can judge all you want), I also like singers such as Katy Perry, Maroon 5, and Nicki Minaj (although she's more of a rapper than a full-out singer, her rapping is really good too). πŸ˜ƒ

Those are just my opinions, sooo... xD DON'T JUDGE MEH.

I like a LITTLE bit of oldies, yet it's definitely not a favorite, and I have a soft spot for slow/sad songs because I used to listen to that type of music all the time when I was younger. You know, not like babyish songs, just slower songs, softer songs, and a few years older than most.

Female
16 posts

sk8rgirl1097 • 15 August 2011 at 6:41 PM

Yeah, I hate Ke$ha, Katy Perry, and Nicki Minaj. I sorta like Super Bass, but other than that hate most rap. I like Maroon 5. Moves Like Jagger is fantastic 😊 I don't judge because I hate it when people think I'm a freak because I listen to alternative stuff (and that happens A HECK OF A LOT). Umm... I also DESPISE country music. It's like the bane of my existence.

I like slow songs, but only the sad ones.
Especially Cancer by MCR. My aunt just got diagnosed with liver cancer, so it means a lot more to me than it used to. I've started to dislike love songs recently. I don't know if it's because of my screwed love life or what but... yeah. I usually hate screamo-type stuff, but I'm starting to enjoy the Black Veil Brides, mainly Set The World on Fire. Anyone else like them?

151 posts

gisel4356 • 15 August 2011 at 10:46 PM

I like Indie & rock like the Beatles and such 😊
also Nevershoutnever❀️^^ oh and i used the like black veil brides now im in to pierce the veil xD

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 15 August 2011 at 10:54 PM

@Sk8rgirl1097 Yeah, I'm not too big on rap either, I just think Nicki Minaj is pretty good, from her songs I've heard so far, which is why I mentioned her. xD And Katy Perry is actually starting to annoy me a bit. BUT OMG I am like a HUGEEEEEEE Ke$ha fan o.o I go crazy every time someone mentions her, I've heard every single one of her songss including unreleased ones, and I HATE IT when people say really nasty things about her or her personality XP But I'm not gonna rant here. xD And Maroon 5, I liked them a lot when I was little, my favorite song when I was 8 was Makes Me Wonder xD And they're starting to get popular right now, and Moves Like Jagger is SOOOO addicting. xD

So I'm more into recent and Pop+Dance, but also, I don't judge people for their music tastes either, because I get judged by a lot of people for being such a huge fan of Ke$ha. I even get judged by my own dad. XP

OMG, there's this Christmas song that made me burst into tears when I was little, I forget what it ws called, but it was really sad. ☹️ I remember running in and shutting off the radio when it came on around Christmas xD But I used to fall asleep with the radio on, on more of a softrock channel, so that's why I like slow+sad stuff, but I was introduced to more Pop+Recent music, and I love that too πŸ˜ƒ

2,250 posts

nogardragon • 16 August 2011 at 9:04 AM

@sk8rgirl1097

Favourite bands (our whatever you call them πŸ˜‹ ):

Foo fighters
My Chemical Romance
Muse
Arctic monkeys
Snow patrol
Take that
Queen
Eagles
Abba

😊 Last 3 are older ones 😊

Favourite songs (in no particular order):

I'm not okay by My Chemical Romance
The pretender by foo fighters
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
Ich tu dir weh by Rammestein (german BTW)
Teenagers by My Chemical Romance
Uprising by Muse
Neutron Star Collision by Muse
Hysteria by Muse
Like an Eagle by ???
We will rock you by Queen

These are the ones that immediatly spring to mind. The pretender is currently my favourite 😊

This is it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwMMwDyAU4M

Female
16 posts

sk8rgirl1097 • 17 August 2011 at 12:19 PM

@nogardragon,

I like your taste in music. I listen to a lot of the same things. I absolutely love Teenagers. Also, I just discovered the Under Pressure cover by MCR and The Used. Those are two of my fave bands so I think this song is just amazing. Oh, and have you heard Undisclosed Desires by Muse? Fantastic song.

@dreamer,

I TOTALLY GET THE KATY PERRY THING! GOD! She just irritates me sooooooooooo much! Can't say I like Ke$ha. She kinda creeps me out. There are very few songs I like that are Pop. Hello by this French DJ and Dragonette is good though.

@gisel4356,

I'm into the Beatles, too! I really like Eleanor Rigby. So depressing 😊 I can't listen to much of BVB because there's way too much screamo. The screeching makes my head hurt. I've heard of Pierce the Veil but never listestened to them. Are they good?

@everyone,

I'm starting to like The Goo Goo Dolls more. Iris and Home are beautiful. My addiction to My Chemical Romance has come back full force. They're just so... incredible, extroardinary, marvelous. Man, they're aren't words to describe how unbelievably fantastic they are. Still in love with Tokio Hotel, too. Blue October is good. I'm kinda suprised by this but I really like Back Down South by Kings of Leon. I'm not really sure if it's because I'm a southern girl or not. Ballad of Mona Lisa by Panic at the Disco is splendiferous. Well, that's all of my ranting for today. What kind of music are you intrigued by lately?

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 17 August 2011 at 1:07 PM

@Sk8rgirl1097 Yeah, Katy Perry's O.K. to me, but her songs get WAY too annoying, WAY too quick. >.< I can like one of her songs for idk, 4 days? Then it drives me out of my mind. >.<And I don't blame you for the Ke$ha thing, she creeps a LOT of people out, believe me. xD I guess I can get past that though, since I can be pretty weird myself. πŸ˜‹ But since I CAN get past the creepy/crazy thing with her, she is a pretty good person. xD Ehh, I guess I'm more used to the Pop genre right now. And honestly, I don't really like the song Hello. o.o Ahh well. Lol. An I think the French DJ is, like... Martin Solvei or something... Ehh, I gotta check. xD

151 posts

gisel4356 • 17 August 2011 at 7:56 PM

yeah i think pierce the veil is a good band ❀️

Female
16 posts

sk8rgirl1097 • 18 August 2011 at 7:37 PM

@dreamer,

Haha, that's the ringtone for my phone. I wanted to get Iridescent by Linkin Park but it's soft so I probably wouldn't hear it half the time. I creep people out too sometimes, but I don't get wasted all the time so I don't really understand her and see the good in her. Man, that was really judgemental. I'm probably going to wind up broke and an alcoholic when I'm older, so I can't really be the one to talk. Well, maybe not an alcoholic. Just a starving artist. It's hard to make it big in the art business ☹️

@gisel4356

I'm looking up Pierce the Veil right now. Well, that was... a shock. I was listening to the Goo Goo Dolls and it's such a big difference. They're too squealy and screamo for my tastes. The guy who's singing (not the screaming one) kinda sounds like a girl. But yeah, sorry can't listen to screeching without cringing. Sorry if that offends you in any way, shape or form. Metallica (which isn't really screamo) and Nine Inch Nails is about as close as I get. And yeah, Black Veil Brides are but I only listen to about 2 of their songs.

And finally @ everyone,

Does anyone have any music suggestions that I might like? I'm always looking for new music and I'm willing to give out recommendations of bands or songs I think are good, but then again that's basically what I've been ranting about. Oh, and anyone heard Country Song by Seether? Very tacolicious. 😊

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 18 August 2011 at 7:56 PM

@sk8rgirl1097

Last.fm is awesome site for new music πŸ˜ƒ It recommends you new bands based on which ones you listen to usually 😊

Female
16 posts

sk8rgirl1097 • 18 August 2011 at 8:07 PM

@petpet55

Is it like Pandora? I didn't like it at first, but now I thinks it's really awesome. What do you listen to?

@everyone

OH MY GOD!!! NOOOOOOOOOO! Breaking Benjamin released a Best of album! That's terrible! Only bands that have been playing for at least two decades or bands that are about sell out make best of albums. One good thing came out of it though, I heard Rain for the first time. It's so shocking. Anyways, for everyone else that likes Breaking Benjamin, isn't that messed up? They're too good to release a Best of album.

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 18 August 2011 at 8:12 PM

@sk8rgirl1097

I dunno, never tried Pandora 😊

I usually listen to older rock/metal bands such as Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Budgie and such 😊 I dislike newer rock bands because they are mostly commercialized and stuff.. But that's my opinion of course 😊

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 18 August 2011 at 8:22 PM

LINKIN PARK ALL TEH WAY!!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

i looove "In The End" >w<

1,778 posts

stellie • 18 August 2011 at 8:25 PM

My favorite is Hard Rock!
I reallylike Nirvana, In Bloom

50 posts

everyone • 19 August 2011 at 10:14 AM

Thank you for pinging me although I know you did it unintentionally πŸ˜‹
@sk8rgirl1097

I love googoo aswell,their lyrics always moved me.
Chemical romance are talented,there's no doubt.
Loved linkin park before j-z interupped.
I like nicky miraj(your love)
Lady gaga(anything)
Remix in DJbl3nd
Infected mushroom(insane)
And many many more ^-^

Female
16 posts

sk8rgirl1097 • 19 August 2011 at 7:54 PM

@petpet55,
I think of pop music like that. You should try bands like My Chemical Romance. They're most definitely not commercialized. I hate the new direction music is leading in. It's all stuff that has no real emotion. Most people don't even write their own music. I'm not really into the older bands besides the Beatles, Aerosmith, Metallica, and Nirvana (if you could call them old). Pandora is pretty awesome.

@rabbitwanter,
I agree. Linkin is insanely talented. I'm in love with Iridescent and Hands Held High. They have very few songs that I don't absolutely adore.

@stellie,
Nirvana is one of the few older bands I like. Pretty wicked.

@everyone,
Haha. Yeah, that was unintentional, but I'm glad I did. You have good taste. Well, except Lady Gaga. I hate her. She could be good but she limits herself to pop ☹️ At least she writes her own songs. I respect that.